Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer froze with brown screen

• 11-10-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

So I was just browsing the web when my PC got slightly louder than usual. Not that loud at all mind you but I just noticed a very slight increase. Anyhow after maybe 15 seconds of noticing this. I was just about to open Speedfan to check everything was ok. But before I could even do this the computer just jumped to a solid beige/brown image. Also right before it happened it looked like a new window or dialog box opened up, but it froze to the brown image straight after that so I couldn't read it but I assume it was some kind of error message appearing. I'm not sure if the image was just messed up or the computer itself froze but I assume it actually froze. I didn't think to check anyhow as I did a hard shutdown immediately in panic. I turned it back on and everything seems fine. I ran speedfan as well and nothing was abnormal. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

My setup:
    i5 3570K CPU
    8 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    120GB SSD (holds OS)
    3GB Geforce GTX 770 OC Ver GPU
    AsRock Pro 3 Mobo

I haven't manually Overclocked the GPU.

Advertisement