Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

pedronomix wrote: »
    have you read the answer or do you just ignore what does not suit you. The online part is 100% irrelevant, the same laws apply for off premises consumption, and you apply to your local licensing authority. You appear to be considering going into a business that you do not have the first clue about and are hell bent on not learning, take your pick. please quaff another glass of Moet before replying!

Please point me to the post with the answer? The one that says I can't or the one that says I need to apply to a solicitor or your recent post mentioning the local licencing authority?
    Whos is the local licencing authority in Fingal?

I am not considering going into business. I am in business. I have a website and wanted to see about adding another range but thanks for your post, your attitude is great.

have you read the answer or do you just ignore what does not suit you. The online part is 100% irrelevant, the same laws apply for off premises consumption, and you apply to your local licensing authority. You appear to be considering going into a business that you do not have the first clue about and are hell bent on not learning, take your pick. please quaff another glass of Moet before replying!

Obviously you are talking through your a*se. You haven't a clue yet are posting replys like the above. I have since found that I need to apply to the local district court...you just made up the local licencing authority obviously.
    Then I obtain the licence from customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

No wrong again! I do know but since you are so resourceful, I will let you discover for yourself. Hint : they are very fond of the harp!

No wrong again! I do know but since you are so resourceful, I will let you discover for yourself. Hint : they are very fond of the harp!

In all honesty, I don't know what your problem is or why you would choose to be so negative a rude??

collegeme wrote: »
    Have you read my question. I specifically asked how to obtain a licence and if you can get one for online sales. All i've had are talk about credit cards , id and hilarious negativity.

Edited to add your last 5 posts (haven't glanced further) are just negative posts on the entrepreneur threads.

Why didn't you just google it? the first thing that comes up answers your question

• Advertisement

Why didn't you just google it? the first thing that comes up answers your question

Boards is such a friendly place. I did google but thought a chat forum could offer more than a simple "apply to x" . Iwanted to see if anyone had advice on online sales only.

Should no-body ask a question at all since everything can be found on google?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Yeah but if u want to get a licence to sell adult products whether it be alcohol or blow up dolls it will be easier to get if you make it harder for kids to be able to buy.
    You have to be over 18 to have a credit card

No you don't. There are also prepaid credit cards that kids use the whole time. E.g the one4all voucher is actually just a visa card and can be used online.

Boards is such a friendly place. I did google but thought a chat forum could offer more than a simple "apply to x" . Iwanted to see if anyone had advice on online sales only.

Should no-body ask a question at all since everything can be found on google?

Yeah but your asking how to obtain a license. This is a technical thing, not a matter of opinion or heresy. Its black and white with no in between. Surely you would want to be certain about it, and just call up the relevant authority and receive what you are sure is the correct advice. Otherwise you could easily be led on a wild goose chase and waste a lot of time for nothing.

Yeah but your asking how to obtain a license. This is a technical thing, not a matter of opinion or heresy. Its black and white with no in between. Surely you would want to be certain about it, and just call up the relevant authority and receive what you are sure is the correct advice. Otherwise you could easily be led on a wild goose chase and waste a lot of time for nothing.

Ok that's fine, it's the online bit. I simply hoped someone would have known yes it can be done. No time wasted as I asked on a Saturday afternoon.
    I've been cursed at and told i haven't a clue about business. Not nice to be directed toward a lady. Totally uncalled for by keyboard warriors.

I see no harm in throwing a question out there when you've just had an idea to add a product to your already established business. It seems that by doing this "i haven't a clue" . Everyone has to start somewhere on all topics!

Ok that's fine, it's the online bit. I simply hoped someone would have known yes it can be done. No time wasted as I asked on a Saturday afternoon.
    I've been cursed at and told i haven't a clue about business. Not nice to be directed toward a lady. Totally uncalled for by keyboard warriors.

Turn all the negatives into a positive whatever way you can ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I simply hoped someone would have known yes it can be done.

Not nice to be directed toward a lady.

Totally uncalled for by keyboard warriors.

You asked were answered by people who know it can't be done and wouldn't accept the answer. Because as you said you hoped someone would tell you that you can do it and you weren't happy that nobody just said sure go ahead. There has been a lot of trouble with alcohol being sold via phone and the internet, it won't be an easy thing to get a license for. Unless you are checking for ID on delivery you wont get a license.

Are you saying this would have been any different if you were male? What does gender have to do with it? Keep your sexist remarks out of this please.

I love the term keyboard warriors, how else are we supposed to communicate with you on a discussion forum.

As for your question on a solicitor no you don't need one but this is a legal issue which could result in massive fines if you get it wrong, good legal advice is advised.

GarIT wrote: »
    You asked were answered by people who know it can't be done and wouldn't accept the answer. Because as you said you hoped someone would tell you that you can do it and you weren't happy that nobody just said sure go ahead. There has been a lot of trouble with alcohol being sold via phone and the internet, it won't be an easy thing to get a license for. Unless you are checking for ID on delivery you wont get a license.

Are you saying this would have been any different if you were male? What does gender have to do with it? Keep your sexist remarks out of this please.

I love the term keyboard warriors, how else are we supposed to communicate with you on a discussion forum.

As for your question on a solicitor no you don't need one but this is a legal issue which could result in massive fines if you get it wrong, good legal advice is advised.

This can be done but thanks for your incorrect advice. I will not keep my "sexist" remarks out of this. I stated a fact. I am a lady who was cursed at for asking a simple question.

My question regarding solicitor was sarcastic as the poster was randomly throwing ideas out that were obviously unfactual.

Keyboard warriers to me are those who jump negatively on the bandwaggon cursing at others for no reason. Maybe I don;t get it as I don't have the same anger issues??

This can be done but thanks for your incorrect advice. I will not keep my "sexist" remarks out of this. I stated a fact. I am a lady who was cursed at for asking a simple question.

My question regarding solicitor was sarcastic as the poster was randomly throwing ideas out that were obviously unfactual.

Keyboard warriers to me are those who jump negatively on the bandwaggon cursing at others for no reason. Maybe I don;t get it as I don't have the same anger issues??

What does your gender have to do with it? really grow up. Nobody cursed at you, care to show where? And if they did are you not adult enough to handle it? Your posts don't come across as very ladylike to be honest.

All I've done is try to help you, but you refuse to listen to the one person that knows what you need to know because you don't want to hear it.

To get a license you will need to show your plans on how you are going to check ID if you don't do that you wont get a license, it's simple. When you have that worked out we can help you further although I don't think I want to.

To get a license you will need to show your plans on how you are going to check ID if you don't do that you wont get a license, it's simple. When you have that worked out we can help you further although I don't think I want to.

Thank you. It is hard to weed out the "negative for the sake of it" posts.

The plan would be to have the courier company see over 18s I.D. before handng over the package for signature. Would not necessarily need to be the person who placed the order.

This would also be a product that would be gifted and therefore would not always be delivered to the purchaser.

Edited to add. Another idea would be to ask for proof of age from the purchaser. Then no ID required on delivery.

Actually, because of your attitude I'm out. Pay for help from a legal professional.

Actually, because of your attitude I'm out. Pay for help from a legal professional.

ha ha I don't need it thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note:

Collegeme - you asked a question and you were given answers. Any answers given you seem to throw to the wasteside saying, well I don't think so or have some disagreement or objection with the poster and their response because its not what you want to hear.

Heres a link - first result on Google when you search which is enough to point you in the right direction.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/excise-licensing/retailers-licences.html

If you want advice by all means post on boards and look for it, but don't go on the attack if the advice given turns out to not be what you wanted to hear. Likewise drop the accusations and name calling, you are acting no different than those you are arguing and bickering with.

The rest of you consider this warning to apply to you all as well. I am tired of warning people to drop the attitude, backeat modding and the greater than thou nonsense. Anymore of it and bans will be given out with no less than 2 weeks time off. If you get one don't bother sending a pm to argue over it. You have had plenty of warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement