Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a HTC E8

• 11-10-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know anywhere reliable to buy one in Ireland? I don't particularly want to get one of some dodgy website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just wondering, what is it about the E8 that you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

The price really is most of it, don't want to wait for the nexus 6

I wonder what the price difference will actually be,because the M8 is still the better phone. Don't let the 13mp on the cam fool you, it's a lesser quality camera, and the body is plastic - otherwise, it's every bit as good as the M8 by all accounts.

It's only 349 pounds on amazon and mobile shop eu its €430ish

I would trust amazon, I've ordered tonnes of stuff from there including camera gear and laptops/ipads. Never had any issue, did have to send back one laptop last year - but they refunded me without hassle.

• Advertisement

I usually do its just one of those ones that isn't fulfilled by amazon and has no reviews or anything

It can be daunting at times, buying from online stores you never heard of. I bought a lens via ebay from a store in Holland last year, it was €500 less than I'd have paid in Dublin! I remember having some hassle transfering the fund because they were using some non EU type account :/ but I went for it anyhow and the lens arrived in good time without issues - I know it's not always the case.

[edit] actually the one on there sells from out of HK, could be hit by customs.

Yeah that's another thing I'm worried about! Have you ever shopped from mobileshop.eu?

Not heard of them sorry. All I know is, if an online store is based in HK, you will probably be hit for customs charges. I bought a flash from a HK store in the past, it was €55 to begin with, but ended up costing me almost almost 80 after fees. But still worth it in that case. I wouldn't buy anything over €100 from HK, you'll likely pay around 150, and probably find it'll be as cheap to buy from within the EU.

In saying that, mobileshop.eu doesn't appear to be run out of HK, [I only had a quick look at their 'about us' ] seems to be an EU company, so they might be worth a shot. I'd so some research on them before ordering though.

Advertisement