Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me recover my windows vistas

Options
  • 11-10-2014 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

My computer is windows Vista Home Premium. From today I can no longer log on. While I see is the normal blue logon screen with my username im asked for the password. But when I enter said pass I am getting the following:

The username or password is incorrect.

I am getting the following after I put in the so called incorrect password:

Password Hint: obviously I cant put passhint up :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sounds like a corrupted user account,get your hands on trk http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT____CPR_FOR_YOUR_COMPUTER&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en

Follow the instructions for password reset(default setting)reboot and windows will have a new admin account you will be able to log into.Make a new acc for your self boot into this and transfer your stuff from your old acc.(it will be found in -C-users-(acc name)when you have all that done run the following in cmd as admin Then reboot.
    net user administrator /active:no

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

have you tried logging in as administrator and leaving the password field blank??

Advertisement