Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8.1 Clean Install Issue

Options
  • 11-10-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 sourced legitimately from Microsoft via Dream Spark on my sons Win 7 Laptop. The installation process starts fine but then looks for a media driver

20120701-img_4884.jpg

At first I thought it might be looking for SATA drivers but it's not accepting them when I browse to the correct SATA drivers for the machine. It returns the following Msg.

windows-8-error.jpg

I'm using the USB install method created from the downloaded ISO using Microsoft's DVD/USB creator Tool

Anyone experienced this and found what the problem is?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

Advertisement