Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double buggy suitable for 26 month old and newborn

Options
  • 11-10-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am due baby number 2 in Jan, when my son will be 26 months old. At the moment I'm using an iCandy Peach 2. I had been considering converting this to a double for use when baby number 2 comes along.However when I went to the buggy shop today, the lady there strongly discouraged me from that, as she could see my son is already almost the full of the seat and is not yet 2.
    She mentioned that I could get converters to use the baby car seat and the peach buggy seat for the first few months but the car seat isn't recommended for long periods of time etc.
    So I'm wondering if anyone can offer their advice/experience.I've heard lots of talk about the City Select and Out n About(not sure which model) and am considering if I should try and get one of these second hand.
    Preferably I would like a double where the seats are big (bigger than the icandy peach as that's already too small!) and one where the newborn could lie flat and the toddler sit up/recline if he wants!Does such a buggy exist?!
    Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Agrandsoftday

I have out and about nipper double v3 for my baby and toddler. Started using it when baby was newborn and toddler was two and a half. Baby can lie completely flat. I bought a snuggy buggy from baby elegance instead of footmuff for first few months. Seats can recline and straighten up independently of each other. Cannot take a car seat but that's not a big issue because they. Shouldn't be overused anyway. It is great that both children have a great view and they can see each other. The only negative is the toddler (if spirited like mine) has constant access to the baby and the baby's face etc. if you have a well behaved toddler, as most people do, then it is not an issue. I have to watch mine like a hawk!! Also, consider your boot size etc. and, you can get great deals on new out and abouts and you can find fab second hand ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I have out and about nipper double v3 for my baby and toddler. Started using it when baby was newborn and toddler was two and a half. Baby can lie completely flat. I bought a snuggy buggy from baby elegance instead of footmuff for first few months. Seats can recline and straighten up independently of each other. Cannot take a car seat but that's not a big issue because they. Shouldn't be overused anyway. It is great that both children have a great view and they can see each other. The only negative is the toddler (if spirited like mine) has constant access to the baby and the baby's face etc. if you have a well behaved toddler, as most people do, then it is not an issue. I have to watch mine like a hawk!! Also, consider your boot size etc. and, you can get great deals on new out and abouts and you can find fab second hand ones too.

Same as this! I have a 6 week old and just turned 2year old. Have this buggy also. Got it second hand from family. The seats are slim but it was previously used for twins until they were 3 and they were very comfortable in it. Lovely buggy to push, easy to go for walks, feels nice and light. Can't see me bringing it around town though, a bit wide for the narrow streets and small shops where I live. However, can't see me bringing the two of them shopping together for quite some time either. I also have a "spirited" toddler! (Love that word)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Out and about nipper double here as well, got it for my mum. swapped single for it when babs no. 2 came along.

Got it second hand, very happy with it. The v4 can take a carseat adapter.

We have the single out and about with a buggy board. Eldest is 3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have an out n about nipper since #2 was born in January 11.
    It was originally used for a 2 year old and new born,then a 3,2 and 1 year old,then another 2 year old and new born with the 4 year old on the front if she was tired,now I used it for a 21 month old and a 5 month old with a 3 year old on the front and it is brilliant.
    I have brought it travelling too and I could not have survived with out it and unlike other buggies it can cope with tall kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

I bought an oyster max, my son is 26 months and im due in december. Im going to use the car seat at the bottom and seat on top. I shopped around and discovered it cheaper online so saved myself quite a bit .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I have the option of getting some adapters for my icandy peach 2 so I can use the car seat and the buggy seat together. I'm thinking this might be a good option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I was looking at the baby jogger which can be a single or a double - anyone have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

We do, and i still love it! Have the babyjogger city select, used it as a single for the first child, and then just got the adapters to use maxicosi for newborn plus seat for toddler (gap is 26 months as well). When both kids are in the buggy it gets a little heavy to steer especially uphill, but otherwise it's great. Nice little touch is that the handle is suitable for taller people as well - i'm 5'11" and found some of the other prams too low.

Love the huge shopping net, the fact that both kids face out and none is stuck staring at the back of the other (something I really dislike about the PhilnTeds) and it's easily foldable too.

(Incidentally, does anyone know if/where i can get a buggy board for the babyjogger? Toddler will be 3 soon and doesnt really want to sit in buggy anymore...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

galah wrote: »
    We do, and i still love it! Have the babyjogger city select, used it as a single for the first child, and then just got the adapters to use maxicosi for newborn plus seat for toddler (gap is 26 months as well). When both kids are in the buggy it gets a little heavy to steer especially uphill, but otherwise it's great. Nice little touch is that the handle is suitable for taller people as well - i'm 5'11" and found some of the other prams too low.

Love the huge shopping net, the fact that both kids face out and none is stuck staring at the back of the other (something I really dislike about the PhilnTeds) and it's easily foldable too.

(Incidentally, does anyone know if/where i can get a buggy board for the babyjogger? Toddler will be 3 soon and doesnt really want to sit in buggy anymore...)

Thanks :-) and have seen boards on their (us) website, not sure if they have an Irish one or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Have the baby jogger too and love it for my 32 month old and 17 month old. Easiest if heaviest baby is near handle for steering!
    Great buggy - love that can use it as double or single in any direction. We have the lascal buggy board and whilst it was a little fiddly to fit it has worked a dream ever since - hooks up handily or clips off if don't want it on a trip.
    Buggy basket is amazing - this is very important when I have to bring a travel potty , change bag, shopping etc etc with u!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement