Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapchat Hack

Options
  • 11-10-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I have been using snapchat to send personal pics to my boyfriend while we are living apart. This hack thing has really freaked me out. I am worried that tomorrow morning my pics will be visible to people. How can I tell if I have been using the third party app that seems to be at fault?

Also posted in the social media forum, unsure where it should be...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bluekiwi

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

Bluekiwi wrote: »
    Hi, I have been using snapchat to send personal pics to my boyfriend while we are living apart. This hack thing has really freaked me out. I am worried that tomorrow morning my pics will be visible to people. How can I tell if I have been using the third party app that seems to be at fault?

Also posted in the social media forum, unsure where it should be...

I'd say you would have to have been actively using the app to save photos

From here
    Rumor has it that certain Snapchatters had been using external apps, potentially Snapsave or SnapSaved, to save their snaps (which are supposed to disappear) — and that at least one of those apps’ servers were hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bluekiwi

Thanks a mill. None of mine were exactly explicit...I assume that means naked? But all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Shouldn't use snapchat for that kinda thing. You want encryption at least.

Advertisement