Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Segregated Current Account

Options
  • 11-10-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I currently have two current accounts. 

My BOI account is where my wages go each week and my all my weekly  routine expenses are paid from this account. 

I use the second current account with AIB for all my irrergular payments; rent, insurance, holidays, car maintenance, gym membership etc. I transfer money into the this account from BOI each week when I get paid. 

Do BOI offer a segregated current account where I can do this from the one account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Tibulus wrote: »

My BOI account is where my wages go each week and my all my weekly  routine expenses are paid from this account. 

I use the second current account with AIB for all my irrergular payments; rent, insurance, holidays, car maintenance, gym membership etc. I transfer money into the this account from BOI each week when I get paid. 

Do BOI offer a segregated current account where I can do this from the one account?
    Hi Tibulus,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your Bank of Ireland account is a Current account then you will be able to use it for all of your routine transactions as well as for your irregular expenses such as direct debits.

It is not possible to separate the transactions as they would all take place on the same account. If you don’t have a current account at the moment, please click here for information on how to apply.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Tibulus wrote: »

Hi Tibulus,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If your Bank of Ireland account is a Current account then you will be able to use it for all of your routine transactions as well as for your irregular expenses such as direct debits.

It is not possible to separate the transactions as they would all take place on the same account. If you don’t have a current account at the moment, please click here for information on how to apply.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola
    Hi Nicola, 

Thanks for the promt responce. 

The purpose of the scecond account is so I can look at my BOI current account and determine exactly how much disposable income I have. 

The second account is for the irregular payments that would need to save for over the short term.

Is there anything BOI can offer that can assist with this should I decide to close the second accound in order to reduce costs? 

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

+1 it would be great to be able to have two current accounts at a time which were both accessible from the app.

Hi Tibulus,

While it is not possible to operate a single account in this way, there are other options for a second account.

You could open a separate current account (or continue to operate your existing second account), fees would apply to this type of account.

You could also look at the option of opening a demand deposit account; take a look here for details. An ATM Card available with this type of deposit account.

The features available on some deposit accounts can differ from those available on a Current account. Information on other deposit account types available can be found here.

If you contact your Bank of Ireland branch one of our customer advisers will be happy to discuss which option would be most suitable for your needs. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks

Nicola

+1 it would be great to be able to have two current accounts at a time which were both accessible from the app.
    Hi FreudianSlippers,

Thanks for your post.

It is possible to apply for second personal current account, please see here for how to apply. 
    Additional accounts that you have can then be added so you can access them through the app. A list of accounts that can be accessed through 365 Online can be viewed here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement