Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog person finds a kitten - help!

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

mymo wrote: »
    The youngest two of ours seem to enjoy horseracing while we're in bed, 4am and the galloping up the stairs , along the hall (sometimes leaping onto my bed) and back begins. For two smaller (well smaller than the big boys) cats they make some racket!

Hah!
    Tux is a very undersized female cat but shes like an ELEPHANT clumping around the house :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yep , same here.
    Ruby hunts rabbits regularly, so must be stealthy, but she crashes around the house!
    I often think it's one of the dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Princess Foxy is being fussy... Turns her nose at Whiskas and Bozita cat food, only eating the jelly. So we headed to maxi zoo and the supermarket for single servings in the hope of finding something she likes. She likes eating our meat off cuts (I'm saving her portions before adding any sauces and marinades), but her preferred diet seems to be Dreamies and Roast chicken, so I'm worried she isn't getting all her nutrients. She likes her cat biscuits though.

OH has been informed no more than 20 Dreamies a day (as per the packet), but I think he struggles to count - I might have to dole them out to him individually before he feeds the Princess!

Princess Foxy was tearing around the house this morning playing soccer with her polystyrene balls (she's rejected all others, but loves these) while the OH was watching the F1. I opened my eyes wondering while the batting sound had changed, she was batting my new roman blinds! First time she's done anything bold enough to be told off, "Foxy, don't do that!". So she turns around and starts trying to climb them - I could swear she was smiling at me, little mischief maker! I pulled them up fully so she could see straight out, no, no longer interested, runs downstairs to sit in her castle (cat tree) to watch F1 with her papa.

She's now had her roast chicken so is cleaning herself blissfully sure her papa will sneak her more Dreamies later... Little minx.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

As long s she eats enough of the dry food she'll be fine. The rest is typical fuzzy cat. Try to not spoil her too much - she'll only get worse, lol. And be prepared, whichever food is the bestest eva one day will be utter tripe the next!
    Otherwise she behaves as any kitten should :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

just an update, and another question really

Tux has a pink nose on white fur (and pink paw pads cos shes white there too)
    Shes turned into a very pretty, though still tiny cat (and yes I know Im biased)

two things really:
    Sometimes her pink nose is so pale its nearly white! Like shes anaemic. It pinks up again during the day.... comments?

She only seems to eat really at night, when she goes to bed. I give her a spoon of probiotic natural yogourt every morning, which is all she is interested in. She seems to have lost interested in the turkey or chicken I used to give her during the day. She doesnt have any real interest in food during the day.

When I put her to bed at night, she gets two pouches of wet food, I leave her with some bits of other meat (turkey/ham/chicken) also a really tiny bit of dry kibble just to keep her 'familiary' with the kibble. This is usually all eaten by morning.

Does this sound ok?
    (Having only been used to dogs with food fixations and unsatiable appetites, its wierd having a pet that isnt bothered at all about food!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

aonb wrote: »
    two things really:
    Sometimes her pink nose is so pale its nearly white! Like shes anaemic. It pinks up again during the day.... comments?

Same here!
    One of my two cats has her nose pink that turns to white randomly. Along with her nose, her ears and gums turn to white as well in those moments. Have you noticed that too?
    I asked my vet, we ran some tests, but nothing strange emerged, so we think it's just a thing of her.
    Strangely this didn't happen when she was younger.
    She only seems to eat really at night, when she goes to bed. I give her a spoon of probiotic natural yogourt every morning, which is all she is interested in. She seems to have lost interested in the turkey or chicken I used to give her during the day. She doesnt have any real interest in food during the day.

When I put her to bed at night, she gets two pouches of wet food, I leave her with some bits of other meat (turkey/ham/chicken) also a really tiny bit of dry kibble just to keep her 'familiary' with the kibble. This is usually all eaten by morning.

Does this sound ok?
    (Having only been used to dogs with food fixations and unsatiable appetites, its wierd having a pet that isnt bothered at all about food!)

Cats eat several small meals during the day, unlike dogs, they are able to dose their own food intake.
    A very young cat should be much more interested in food since they have to grow up.
    Anyway, cats are nocturnal creatures, it might be that Tux still retains a "wild" spirit and eat at night when feral cats have more chances to find a prey.
    You also say that she's a tiny cat, this must be linked to her small appetite.
    My sister's cat is a tiny cat too, she eats like a bird :)

Advertisement