Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poland vs Germany, ITV ;

• 11-10-2014 8:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Poland 1-0 up , bad for us if it stays like this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

ITV 4, schurrle with a great curled effort just saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Definitely not the result we want!

Poland looking very solid in defence too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Really enjoying watching this game, hopefully Germany get at least an equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How are you watching this? Says not available in ROI on our UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

fullstop wrote: »

ITV4 is free to air on satellite.

Watching it on my humax freesat box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

fullstop wrote: »

Laptop filmon.Com

What a tackle by hummels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Awful for us if it stays like this. You really want the Germans to win all their games against the other sides. Not to mention them losing tonight could mean potential backlash in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Germany have been pretty poor so far but are pushing hard now. Szczesny pulled off a nice save just there and now Podolski rattled the crossbar. They'll find one for the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Awful for us if it stays like this. You really want the Germans to win all their games against the other sides. Not to mention them losing tonight could mean potential backlash in the next game.

Get stuck into them on Tuesday regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Fup sake, 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Oh, pressure all on Germany now for Tuesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That's that then. No complaints either, Germany have been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Blows group wide open.

If nothing else it shows we should have a go on Tuesday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Delighted for Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

**** sake. Typical of Irelands luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ireland still won't beat (or draw with) Germany so its game over for 2nd place. Scotland and Ireland are now battling for the play off 3rd place if there is one (?)

iDave wrote: »
    **** sake. Typical of Irelands luck.

Not at all. You make your own luck.

Poland went and had a go tonight and thoroughly deserve it.

We can live in hope that we'll have a go Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Ireland still won't beat (or draw with) Germany so its game over for 2nd place. Scotland and Ireland are now battling for the play off 3rd place if there is one (?)

Well we could try and beat Poland twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Or both Ireland and/or Scotland could beat Poland.................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

We can live in hope that we'll have a go Tuesday

It's like when an unbeaten champion boxer gets defeated; he loses his 'unbeatable' aura, challengers become emboldened, the unbeaten champ may begin to doubt himself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

We don't have to beat Germany! Don't concede anything, there's plenty of twists to come in this group yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

One hope could be the No.13 Rybus getting a few matches ban for kicking someone off the ball, but they look to have loads of replacements. We're in trouble now, but should go for it on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

With Robbie only a double hat-trick off Klose's record will he be tempted to come back?

That German team is there to be got at. Scotland proved it and now Poland.

Both team we'd consider ourselves better than.

How did they both do it? They showed absolutely no respect and went for the game from the outset.

If we go there Tuesday and set up to defend we will be tanked.

How did they both do it? They showed absolutely no respect and went for the game from the outset.

We are not better than Poland or Scotland.

Horrendous result for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

We need to play Long up front to use his pace to get in behind the high German line and get McGeady and whoever the other winger is to get up quick and support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We don't have enough technically skilled players to 'have a go' at Germany. It's two banks of four and hope we can catch them on the counter attack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Germans will be on some backlash after that on Tuesday night now.

Not that it makes any difference. They were going to beat us anyway.

But tonight's result with Poland means we can probably hope for a play-off place now at best.

thelad95 wrote: »
    We don't have enough technically skilled players to 'have a go' at Germany. It's two banks of four and hope we can catch them on the counter attack.

I don't think we're massively different to Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I agree with your post wholeheartedly except for the bolded. Scotland & Poland are tough cookies and have been for some time despite their fifa rankings and what not. All thats changed is that Germany has come down a few pegs since the World Cup. The only question is whether we can also take advantage. This is the type of scenario we slated Trapattoni for not showing enough faith in our players. MON & Keane should have the lads chomping at the bit come Tuesday. This will tell alot about their man management skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Its very early in these group stages yet. I was watching last night with a bit of Polish pride (I'm an ex pat living in Poland now for the last year). Even before this match kicked off, the Poles had already conceded defeat to the Germans, but look what happened.
    I thought the Poles played well and the Germans didn't play bad either, they played great attacking football to try and get something back from this match.

Loosing to the Germans on Tuesday isn't a bad thing and it isn't game over. Scotland and Poland are beatable, especially at home in Dublin.

There's an awful long way of drama to come yet.

Germany will win the group, but the 2nd place could be a real battle for Scotland, Poland or Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Irish inferiority complex in full view here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see no option but to have a go at Germany, whether people think we have the ability or not. I think going into a game you are expected to lose and sitting back soaking up pressure is pointless. This German team's defence is rarely tested properly - I say have a go.

If we got a point it could be a massive result. If we lose, it was expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i fancied Poland to get a least a point yesterday, but the manner in which they won really surprised me.

in saying that, this German team was missing at least 6 of their first 11 from the world cup yesterday and they have looked a bit vulnerable

if you mark Mueller out of the game (which is very possible IMO as Poland showed yesterday), they are very beatable at the moment, they are susceptible to being attacked directly as Scotland showed also.

we will however, be up against a backlash on Tuesday. a draw in that game and we are in a super position IMO for a battle then with Poland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

i fancied Poland to get a least a point yesterday, but the manner in which they won really surprised me.

I didn't see the game, only the goals, but I heard that Germany pummeled them, and they got 2 breakaway goals.

Was I told wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Germany had a ton of chances and its fairly ridiculous that they didnt score. But thats football.

Its fairly clear that pace troubles this german defence. Mcgeady and mcclean have to start. If walters starts it will be a mistake for this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Polan stronk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ireland : played 2, won 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Kirby wrote: »
    Germany had a ton of chances and its fairly ridiculous that they didnt score. But thats football.

Its fairly clear that pace troubles this german defence. Mcgeady and mcclean have to start. If walters starts it will be a mistake for this one.

I dunno, from what I seen of it, yes Germany had a lot of the ball but they hardly laid siege to the Polish goal.

Yes they did hit the bar and yes, young Wojciech did have to make a number of saves but nothing you would say was amazing.

Germany just weren't clinical enough and deserved to lose IMO.

Oh football, you glorious game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    I didn't see the game, only the goals, but I heard that Germany pummeled them, and they got 2 breakaway goals.

Was I told wrong?

not as clear as that - germany had the most of the chances, but alot of them were comfortable.

in saying that, the pole in goal had the game of his life for Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Aidric wrote: »
    That's that then. No complaints either, Germany have been terrible.

Ah it wasn't that bad. I'm not too rattled by it. Only saw the second half though. Poland were lucky enough at times. We had a few very unexperienced players on the pitch. We played Bellarabi, Ruediger & Durm. Plus Poland played their hearts out. Some of the Polish guys were running well into the red on their fuel gauge. Fair play, they deserved it.

Its always a tough one coming of a big tournament win. There's always going to be some sort of hole after it. Hard to improve anyway. It's pretty much how most of the players felt going by the interviews I've read.

And then there's Lahm, Merte and Klose retired. (OK, the Klose one was coming)
    And Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Reus & Oezil injured. Gomez too I think. Couple of others too who're not too high profile but still.

Advertisement