Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options
  • 11-10-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone has applied for the current Aer Lingis cabin crew positions. I recieved a link to do the assessment tests yesterday. Does anyone know what these are like and what the next step would be after the tests are done? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone has applied for the current Aer Lingis cabin crew positions. I recieved a link to do the assessment tests yesterday. Does anyone know what these are like and what the next step would be after the tests are done? Many thanks

After the online tests usually it's a phone interview, which is just standard interview questions (read up about EI and their history). After that, should you be successful, it's the proper interview, unless it's different this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Do they take on staff and let them go every year :confused:

Or just keep people on temporary contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

River Song wrote: »
    After the online tests usually it's a phone interview, which is just standard interview questions (read up about EI and their history). After that, should you be successful, it's the proper interview, unless it's different this year.

Any idea how long after the tests the results are released?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Thanks for the info , the fact that EI are going down the seasonal route a la the charters is a little off putting as I currently have a permanent job and it's a risk to leave it for a 6 month contract! 😔😪 and by the looks of things it will be a while before they offer permanent positions

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I haven't heard anything back after my online tests yet. I assumed the position I applied for was a permenant one as there was no mention of it being a temporary contact. I can only wait and see. It will be the first question I ask as soon as I get to speak to a recruiter

• Advertisement

I haven't heard anything back after my online tests yet. I assumed the position I applied for was a permenant one as there was no mention of it being a temporary contact. I can only wait and see. It will be the first question I ask as soon as I get to speak to a recruiter

Unfortunately it is a temp position :/ contracts are likely march to October

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The days of walking into CC permanent are well and truly over even in EI in the late 80's early 90's you weren't permanent for up to five years in cases, these says it can be anywhere between 1-3 years. EI unfortunately have to keep a balance of permanent/flexible staff, subject to the change aviation now faces on a yearly basis. From a personal point of view, I'm less than a year in EI, not permant but have been extended for the winter - your performance really matters these days and it's something that should really be bared in mind, it's really hard-work - but great craic with some of the nicest people you can work with, and yes there is plenty of crap and rumours (wouldn't be EI with them) but IMO it's remains a great company to work with. I througly enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone, Locker10a I completely understand where you are coming from, I took the risk and its paid off so far. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Did my telephone interview there during the week. Any idea when people will be called for the real one? If you are not selected will you not be told as that happened to me before when i was applying for a customer service job with them?

Did my telephone interview there during the week. Any idea when people will be called for the real one? If you are not selected will you not be told as that happened to me before when i was applying for a customer service job with them?

Did they by any chance mention when they would be offering courses ?

Janurary for those that successfully apply. 5 weeks.

• Advertisement

Janurary for those that successfully apply. 5 weeks.

Thank you 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Santo81

Hi I'm just wondering I have complete the assessment on line with Aer lingus few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything yet ! Is it normal or is a bad sign ?
    Many thanks

Apparently they have just started the telephone interviews. Theyll probably be in touch in the next week or two. I dont think they inform applicants who failed the online tests. A few months back I applied for a customer service job in Shannon. I didnt get any email from them to say that i didnt get through.

Hopefully that they will contact me, I have all the criteria that they are looking for with a second European language.
    The closing date was at fort on the 10/15/2014 and then next day they had position on again closing next Wednesday, so they most haven't a lot of respond ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ree86

Hi everyone, I got my phone interview on Friday the 24th, the lady said that they will be sending me an email for the face to face interview. I haven't heard anything back and I keep on checking my inbox again and again.

Has anybody been called for the interview after the phone interview.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyle1991

I have just finished the assessments. What is the telephone interview like? Are the questions basic and long does the telephone interview last?

doyle1991 wrote: »
    I have just finished the assessments. What is the telephone interview like? Are the questions basic and long does the telephone interview last?

Hi there,

Telephone interview was around 10 minutes long. The lady asked very basic questions like
    What do you know about the Airlines?
    What do you think is the most important aspect of being a cabin crew?
    Do you have customer services experience?
    Any visible piercings or tattoos?
    Do you live 90 minutes from the airport?
    How long notice you need to give to your current employer?

All were very straight forward questions. And remember always stress upon safety when answering any of the aircraft/duties questions.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyle1991

Ree86 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Telephone interview was around 10 minutes long. The lady asked very basic questions like
    What do you know about the Airlines?
    What do you think is the most important aspect of being a cabin crew?
    Do you have customer services experience?
    Any visible piercings or tattoos?
    Do you live 90 minutes from the airport?
    How long notice you need to give to your current employer?

All were very straight forward questions. And remember always stress upon safety when answering any of the aircraft/duties questions.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your reply it really helps! Good luck! Hopefully we will be cabin crew next year :)

Hi, can anyone tell me how long after the assessment on line with Aer lingus they recieved the phone call?

I did my assessment a 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything. I'm guessing that it means that I haven't been successful.

• Advertisement

I did my assessment a 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything. I'm guessing that it means that I haven't been successful.

Thanks for replaying , what will I do is I'll send them a email inquiring about.

question lads. Im living in limerick but i said to him i would be willing to move up if i got the job. Will this affect my application in an negative way?

question lads. Im living in limerick but i said to him i would be willing to move up if i got the job. Will this affect my application in an negative way?

My point of view, I don't think so, is obviously you move once you have job, or you could have said I have a place to go already organised ( as I have ).

Can I ask you how long after you did your on line assessment they have called you ?
    Thanks

Id say about 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

It won't. The fact you are willing to move up to DUB for the job (as I did) will actually stand to you.

I would be wiling to move from Cork. I think it shows commitment to the job that you would be willing to move.

so no one has heard if they have been put forward to real interview yet?

Santo81 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me how long after the assessment on line with Aer lingus they recieved the phone call?
    Hi there,
    I did my assessments on Monday 20th and got a call on Friday 24th October.

Good luck

Ree86 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I did my assessments on Monday 20th and got a call on Friday 24th October.

Good luck

Hi thanks, I guess that I was unsuccessful as I did my assessment nearly 3 weeks ago.
    I still hope that they will call me.

• Advertisement

Santo81 wrote: »
    Hi thanks, I guess that I was unsuccessful as I did my assessment nearly 3 weeks ago.
    I still hope that they will call me.

I am sure you will be successful, I have previous cabin crew experience maybe that's why I got called early. Good luck!!

Advertisement