Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Same here guys! Hope to fly with some of you next year :D fingers crossed you all get the call yee are waiting for this week or next!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their phone interview yet? No word this end, hopefully it won't be too long...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

greenarmy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has had their phone interview yet? No word this end, hopefully it won't be too long...

Hi, haven't gotten one yet either, the waiting is is horrible isnt it :/ hopefully we get them soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clurr93

Hi, haven't gotten one yet either, the waiting is is horrible isnt it :/ hopefully we get them soon!

Still haven't heard anything yet, this waiting game is so hard, I wish they'd just call 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

Hi you guys. Still no call for me as well. The waiting feels like torture. Hopefully we all get it tomorrow or next week ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lilybee123

Hi guys,

Nothing for me yet either! At least we're all in the same boat! Hoping to hear something soon. Every time the phone rings my heart starts racing! Hate the waiting game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

I haven't heard a response yet either and completed the assessment a week ago now. I wonder whether they wait until all applications are received (i.e. deadline is closed) before calling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Folks I know the waiting isn't nice and I was in the exact same position as you where when i first started. But from speaking with people in work who are looking after the recruitment they have had a massive massive amount of applications and this all takes time. Easier said than done but try not to think about it too much until you hear about the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Guys I really woudn't freak out so soon, seeing as no one has gotten a reply. The closing date for applications isn't even until Nov 30th so I doubt they will be contacting anyone until after this date.

Hey everyone! I know that the closing date for applications was today, but it appears that EI have opened up again today for DUB with a closing date of December 14th. Perhaps they haven't hit the numbers of suitable applicants they had hoped for this huge recruitment drive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

This happened last year also, but its nothing to be worried about :) hope you all get your phone call this week! I know how nerve wracking the wait can be! At least you are all in it together and can see each others progress and can gauge your own from that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey Guys :) I'm in the same boat, fingers crossed we hear something soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ei1234

Friend of a friend had her phone interview last week , she was told interviews be mid January :)

Ah that's great news that they've started the phone interviews "Ei1234"! Yes, I was aware they had blocked January dates in peoples' rosters to conduct the interviews, so at least there's no mad rush. I better read over my notes again so :) Best of luck to everyone when you get the call!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lilybee123

Hi guys,

Anyone else get a phone call? Still waiting on mine! Arghhhh the wait is torturous :P

Lilybee123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone else get a phone call? Still waiting on mine! Arghhhh the wait is torturous :P

Haven't got mine yet either!! Hopefully its soon, suspense is horrible haha :)

Lilybee123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

No phone call here at the moment either. The waitung game is killing me 😯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

I haven't received a phone call yet either. Hoping to hear something soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Hi guys. I haven't gotten a phone call either.
    I'm glad to see everyone else is in the same boat, because at this stage I was becoming a bit disheartened and thought maybe I didn't do a good job in the online assessment.
    This has given me some hope.
    Wish everyone the best of luck.

Hi everyone! I don't mean to contradict anyone on here, but I feel I need to say something and I'm sorry if it puts someone out a little. But I know from several very, VERY good sources that no phone interviews have yet taken place. Now of course they could be incorrect, but I trust these people. So please don't worry about having not yet received a call. When several people on here that have been posting regularly state that they have had a call, then we can assume they have started. So no need to be disheartened, we'll all be getting phone calls in good time xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Thanks so much greenarmy, you've put my mind at ease!

Hopefully we'll all get the news we have been waiting for soon.

Best of luck to everyone x

Hey you guys ☺ I saw that they extended the deadline till the 19th of Dec. Hope we all get the phone call this week or next😀

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

A friend got an email to say she didn't get it. Which is something they didn't do last year, people just didn't hear back if they didn't get it. So no news is good news guys. Best of luck to everyone that applied.

tennis12 wrote: »
    A friend got an email to say she didn't get it. Which is something they didn't do last year, people just didn't hear back if they didn't get it. So no news is good news guys. Best of luck to everyone that applied.

If you don't mind me asking, when did your friend get the email ??

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

If you don't mind me asking, when did your friend get the email ??

Yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ferriswheel

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the starting salary is for this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rozmccarthy

Hey guys has anyone Recieved a call yet or how long should we expect to wait for one ?? This is A serious waiting game 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

@ferriswheel As an existing cabin crew member i can tell you the salary and associated benefits are one of the best in the industry. @rozmccarthy it sure is a waiting game. From speaking with some of the people who are going to be conducting interviews etc they have said there has been huge interest in the positions so it is taking longer than expected to get back to people and move them onto the next stage. But there are quite a number of new recruits been taken on. Hopefully look forward to seeing some of you on your first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HospitalityNic

Has anybody heard anything at all? A friend of mine also applied and got an email last week to say she didn't get it. I check this page everyday for updates! It's so nerve racking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

I dont think they are getting the numbers they expected or the refusal rate is very high this time round as they keep putting the closing date back further. Its a ling wait for people who applied at the very start of the recruitment drive

Advertisement