Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

I wouldn't worry about the closing date being pushed back, this also happened last year and it means nothing major. I've been through this process and I know the wait is tough, but from what I hear there's a substantial amount of applicants and many new crew are needed next year. I know the feeling of excitement/nervousness of waiting to see have you gotten through to the next round but no news is good news guys! By judging the timing of this recruitment drive I would assume training will begin in the Spring so please don't worry as nobody has gotten a call yet and there is still loooooads of time :) I hope to see you all out on the lines next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Does anyone know, does everyone start at the same time?
    I'm in final year of college and wouldn't be able to start until May. I wouldn't like to miss out on this opportunity, if I get it obviously.

Training March/April/May is what I'm hearing. That could change though

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Hopefully the calls start soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Got my email today to invite me to take tests at the academy/possibly interview. I had actually given up and forgotten about it at this stage!

• Advertisement

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Got my email today to invite me to take tests at the academy/possibly interview. I had actually given up and forgotten about it at this stage!

Congratulatuons, I check my email every day, hopefully I get one soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey guys :)

I also got the email after weeks and weeks of waiting! I'm so pleased! Hope everyone else hears soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daintree0806

Hi,every one,I got the email yesterday to invite me for the interview,Can I ask when is yours?
    my one on 06/01/16 .

Hi,every one,I got the email yesterday to invite me for the interview,Can I ask when is yours?
    my one on 06/01/16 .

Mine is for the 8th of January.

Mine is for the 8th of January.
    Did they say ensure you would be available to attend on the day,might be further interview in the afternoon?

• Advertisement

I'm the 7th.. Thankfully as that's my one day off work a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

I still haven't heard anything yet? Will they let everyone know soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rozmccarthy

Also got an email yesterday too for the 7th well done everyone hopefully the rest of you guys hear something soon goodluck

@daintree0806 Yeah they did and also that there is a possibility that I may be called again at a later stage but I would be advised accordingly :)

Got an email today for interview and assessment :) good luck guys!

Did they say ensure you would be available to attend on the day,might be further interview in the afternoon?

Yeah, it said on mine to be free the full days as might be another interview in the afternoon ,

I think we just the same,never got a phone interview.

DELIGHTED for you all!! You're nearly there :) preparation is key so research the company, new routes and plans for the future! Research some questions and answers but don't sound too rehearsed as the interviewers want to see your real personality and what you as a person can bring to the airline. All the interviewers are so so nice and remember they want you to get the job so don't be too nervous and try to relax and you'll do great! Enjoy the experience! So excited to meet you all next year :) it's a great time to join!

2jb116 wrote: »
    DELIGHTED for you all!! You're nearly there :) preparation is key so research the company, new routes and plans for the future! Research some questions and answers but don't sound too rehearsed as the interviewers want to see your real personality and what you as a person can bring to the airline. All the interviewers are so so nice and remember they want you to get the job so don't be too nervous and try to relax and you'll do great! Enjoy the experience! So excited to meet you all next year :) it's a great time to join!
    This is so helpful!Thank you so much!

Thanks so much!! Hopefully be part of the team next year! :)

• Advertisement

No problem :D what a great early Christmas pressie for you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

I didn't get any phone call but did get an email to attend the assessment centre on the 8th of Jan and to bring lots of documents with me ! !

Just a few pointers :)

1. Have your grooming impeccable and have a certain grace about you.
    2. THE most important aspect of the job is maintaining the constant safety of the passengers, crew and aircraft.
    3. Empathy. Show how you're a nice person and kind towards passengers but also coworkers!
    3. Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork! Replace the "I" with "we". But also show that you wouldn't be afraid to work off of your own initiative.
    4. Show that you're customer service orientated, you want to give the passengers such a good experience that they'll return time and time again.
    5. Adaptability. Honestly show that you're perfectly fine with unexpected delays or roster changes and if you've to miss a social or family event that its ok with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Thanks 2jb166, your very helpful, does the fact that some had a phone interview before being called to assessment centre and I didn't make any difference?
    Mike

Just a few pointers :)

1. Have your grooming impeccable and have a certain grace about you.
    2. THE most important aspect of the job is maintaining the constant safety of the passengers, crew and aircraft.
    3. Empathy. Show how you're a nice person and kind towards passengers but also coworkers!
    3. Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork! Replace the "I" with "we". But also show that you wouldn't be afraid to work off of your own initiative.
    4. Show that you're customer service orientated, you want to give the passengers such a good experience that they'll return time and time again.
    5. Adaptability. Honestly show that you're perfectly fine with unexpected delays or roster changes and if you've to miss a social or family event that its ok with you!

This is such a great help!! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

One word of advice - "guest"

It seems like they must be interviewing nearly everybody 😳 everyone ive spoken to who applied got an email. Maybe I'm just speaking to the right people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Congrats to everyone who has been invited to the assessment centres. For those who haven't heard anything yet stick with it. I know they still have more applications to get through. It is a huge recruitment this year so its taking much longer than expected. Hopefully I will be flying with some of you in the new year. Its a very exciting time and i still remember preparing for my own assessment days back when i started. It is a great place to work with great people so for this elf you who come to us you will love it I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Is there anyone else who has not yet heard? very anxious that I've heard nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

I haven't heard yet either. I'm anxious as well.

Advertisement