Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey has anyone else's interview been changed to the 20th of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Nicola, I got an email to say disregard the previous email and interview date and gave me a new date but it was actually still for the 8th !

@Mikef747 that's odd. There was abit of confusion whether or not my interview was the 8th or the 20th when I was emailing so she actually ended up calling me to verify that its on the 20th. I'm abit disappointed because I was looking forward to it but I'll use the extra time to prepare.

Best of luck with your interview :).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daintree0806

@Mikef747 that's odd. There was abit of confusion whether or not my interview was the 8th or the 20th when I was emailing so she actually ended up calling me to verify that its on the 20th. I'm abit disappointed because I was looking forward to it but I'll use the extra time to prepare.

Best of luck with your interview :).
    Hi,I didn't get any email to say the date change yet,but I think later interview is better,more information from us who having early interview,and longer time to prepare.I am very nervous,seems mine is the earliest in all of you.don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

Got my email last night, assessment day on the 8th 🎅ðŸ¼

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Got my email last night, assessment day on the 8th 🎅ðŸ¼

When did you apply? I still haven't heard and am trying to figure out if they are contacting people in rotation of applications

Robert T wrote: »
    When did you apply? I still haven't heard and am trying to figure out if they are contacting people in rotation of applications

I applied for it when it first came out but I know people that applied after me and they got an email before me. I was convinced that I wasn't getting an email. Also I have contacts in aerlingus and the interviews are going on right up to the 28th of January. And I was scheduled for the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Thanks a lot for the reply! I applied practically on the day the job was advertised so hearing that you also applied early gives me hope that I might get an invite still.

Robert T wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the reply! I applied practically on the day the job was advertised so hearing that you also applied early gives me hope that I might get an invite still.

No problem hope you hear something soon! I literally didn't think I was going to hear back cause everyone heard last week but obviously taking them a while to get through them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

I also haven't heard anything yet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying Christmas! I have yet to hear back from EI, but not at all worried (well not yet, lol)! They're looking for well over one hundred crew in this drive, so it's going to take a long time to sort out all the interview days. Hope all of you who have yet to hear back will do so in the new year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

The wait is killing me....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

All were given year-round permanent contracts last November, The company is now recruiting permanent-seasonal and FTC cabin crew. So working on a seasonal basis is now part of the hiring process. Being given year-round permanency will then only be a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rs4100

Hi there,

I have my interview on the 8th as well, just wondering when it comes to filling in the 5years check form, as part of my education I never got to finish my degree due to financial reasons, would that be disregarded on my form due to it being in complete?

Any help appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Hi! Nope you have to put everything down, regardless if you left or not! So just put down the entry date and exit date! :) this form has to be filled out very accurately :)

Hey guys, The recruitment form is asking for candidate/invitation number, where do I find that ?
    Regards
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Hey guys, The recruitment form is asking for candidate/invitation number, where do I find that ?
    Regards
    Mike

From my understanding of the forms we don't fill that in, I could be wrong tho

Amy

Thanks Amy,
    It's the first thing on contact info on the left side, I think the right side is office use only, so I think we have to fill this part in, there was a reference number when the email came for the online assessment, I wonder if this is the number ?
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Thanks Amy,
    It's the first thing on contact info on the left side, I think the right side is office use only, so I think we have to fill this part in, there was a reference number when the email came for the online assessment, I wonder if this is the number ?
    Mike

I must have overlooked the number in the email, I'll have a look myself tonight. Hopefully someone on this can clarify it for us.

Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

What's everyone planning on wearing/doing with their faces? 😂 I know presentation and first impression is huge and especially so with Aer Lingus so don't wanna get it wrong! 😬😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Business attire is probably best. Pay attention to detail. Clean polished shoes, same for nails. Minimum jewellery. Conservative colours etc. They won't expect you to know the exact standards expected of crew, that's part of the training.

More important will be your customer service experience so have examples to hand. Think of times you went above and beyond for your customers, or when you were flexible. The job involves shift work so show you are prepared for that, and mean it. There's no point making out you're prepared for early starts, late finish and working weekends if deep down you're not.

Have an idea of the Aer Lingus network and how it works. Most important is they want to see you have an understanding of role. That's it's about safety first but never losing sight of customer service.

When I went for my interview I wore a knee length black peplum skirt, a white blouse, a blazer and court shoes! I had my hair up in a bun (make sure you don't have the bun on top of your head if you wear one) and I had a little volume at the front. For makeup I just did foundation, a little bit of bronzer and blush and buffed a medium brown eyeshadow around my eyes and mascara and just did my eyebrows how I normally would! I don't think I had any eyeliner on.. I had a fairly neutral lip too, I'm nearly sure it was Mac Viva Glam 2.. Like you could definitely notice that I had makeup on but it didn't look cakey, just healthy! I had French tip nails too. I wore skin tights also as these are part of the uniform and they look nicer than having bare legs :) hope this helps! Best of luck :D

I just want to wish everyone who has interviews this week the best of luck.

Fingers crossed we all do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rozmccarthy

Would false nails effect my position in the interview there just on since Christmas don't want to pull them off and damage my nails I obviously understand we can't wear false ones when we are crew

What style are they? I wore French stick on ones to my interview! If they're mad colourful just paint over them :) have they grown up much?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daintree0806

2jb116 wrote: »
    What style are they? I wore French stick on ones to my interview! If they're mad colourful just paint over them :) have they grown up much?

I have red shellec on my nail for Christmas, going to the interview tomorrow morning, what can I do?

No they'll be fine :) just if there's a lot of obvious regrowth paint over it! Red is a uniform standard colour so it'll be perfect, don't worry at all! :D

Good luck tomorrow Daintree, hope all goes well 👍
    Mike

Whoever had their AD today how did it go? :)

• Advertisement

Please post your experiences of the interview here.. Nervous for the interview

Advertisement