Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rozmccarthy

The Garda clearance letter does that take a few days to get completed or do we sign and hand it over to them and they send them off

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

I filled one in and sent it off and never got anything back. I'm not sure if we were supposed to send it or not so I'm going to fill in another one and bring it on the day of my interview just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

I think you just fill in the vetting form and bring it with you to the interview.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

You just fill it in and then bring it with you, the form is then sent to the airport police if you get the job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 malgorzatast

Hi. I Just came back from the interview and I wasn't asked to Come again later today. Does it mean that I was rejected? Has anyone been in similar situation?

• Advertisement

Hi. I Just came back from the interview and I wasn't asked to Come again later today. Does it mean that I was rejected? Has anyone been in similar situation?

One of my friends was at the j review earlier and she was asked to come back at 3:30

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daintree0806

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow Daintree, hope all goes well 👍
    Mike
    I just came back from interview,they did not ask me come back this afternoon,only said kept checking the email in 4,5weeks.I think I am out.

Yes,I same as you,I think I am out.

I just came back from interview,they did not ask me come back this afternoon,only said kept checking the email in 4,5weeks.I think I am out.

You think so? How did the interview go?

Very short,less than 10 mins,little one.Basic questions,easy to answer.

• Advertisement

Very short,less than 10 mins,little one.Basic questions,easy to answer.I was so nervous,head seems empty did not do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Don't be too pessimistic, they still have another two weeks of interviews to do so they might still get back to you if they don't find enough suitable candidates!

What sort of questions did they ask you??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Hard luck everyone but remember whatever is for you, won't pass you! 2 of my friends got the job offers

Wait they're offering the jobs at the interviews? Is this first hand information or "a friend of a friend.." Etc. I'm very sceptical because of people previously coming on here saying their friends had had phone interviews, when in fact there were no phone interviews being conducted

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Don't be too pessimistic, they still have another two weeks of interviews to do so they might still get back to you if they don't find enough suitable candidates!

What sort of questions did they ask you??
    What /how do you know about AL, and Customer service experience and skills. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Guys job offers and start dates have been given to Belfast so far. The usual process is people who are successful for Dublin interviews will do a medical and pending on the medical get offered the job. This is what's happened in recent years so it will probably be the same this time around

Hard luck everyone but remember whatever is for you, won't pass you! 2 of my friends got the job offers

Where they invited to second interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

So....

If I still haven't received an email for even an interview does that mean I'm now out?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

meesh140 wrote: »
    So....

If I still haven't received an email for even an interview does that mean I'm now out?

I'm in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Robert T wrote: »
    I'm in the same position.

Well the only thing is.... We haven't received rejection emails. So I don't know if thats a sign?

Also, I was thinking that maybe because I'm in my final year and due to finish college in May might have had an impact on them choosing not to interview me now..... Are your circumstances some what similar? Or am I clutching at straws as to why they didn't offer me a chance to interview

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

It's worth pointing out that Stobart took delivery of new aircraft recently and will also be hiring for Aer Lingus Regional. If you don't have any luck with mainline, apply to regional.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Hi guys,

Bit of a random question, but it seems as though we have a lot of paperwork to hand in, I'm confused as to how to present them, are people brining them in large envelopes or folders ?

I'm trying to be organised and not get too fluttered on the day.

Thanks

Was just thinking the same thing, was going to go with the large envelope
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bookworm66

Hi guys,

Bit of a random question, but it seems as though we have a lot of paperwork to hand in, I'm confused as to how to present them, are people brining them in large envelopes or folders ?

I'm trying to be organised and not get too fluttered on the day.

Thanks

I've an envelope with everything in it. I've stapled the pages together for any form with more than one page.
    Just wondering, on the EI Registration form, it asks if you have a Garda Clearance Letter. Does anyone know how I go about getting that? I have the Garda Vetting Form filled in but I'm not sure if they're two separate things, as they're listed separately on that form.
    Thanks and good luck to everyone!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

It's worth pointing out that Stobart took delivery of new aircraft recently and will also be hiring for Aer Lingus Regional. If you don't have any luck with mainline, apply to regional.

Don't they usually have a policy of only hiring experienced crew?

bookworm66 wrote: »
    I've an envelope with everything in it. I've stapled the pages together for any form with more than one page.
    Just wondering, on the EI Registration form, it asks if you have a Garda Clearance Letter. Does anyone know how I go about getting that? I have the Garda Vetting Form filled in but I'm not sure if they're two separate things, as they're listed separately on that form.
    Thanks and good luck to everyone!

The Garda Clearence Letter is only needed if you've lived outside Ireland for more than 6 months.. Otherwise you dont need it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 trolleyboy

hi guys, what exactly happens at the assessment, I have mine tomorrow!

Good luck trollyboy, hope it goes well.
    Mike

Got through the base interview, going back at 2:30, anyon know what they ask in the second interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Got through the base interview, going back at 2:30, anyon know what they ask in the second interview

What happened in the base interview ? What sort of questions were you asked ?

Advertisement