Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mdaviiidson

2jb116 wrote: »
    Hey! I doubt that would be a factor in regards to getting a medical date! Unless you told them it was?

I just told them i was crew, i know i need to do a medical but instead they've sent me 3 other emails, i have to fill in my 5 year history again on the system so "people checking" can start my background checks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Yeah the background checks can take yonks, especially as you live in Scotland. Maybe give them a buzz or an email if you're anxious to get a date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MiguelCorreia

Stasya_x wrote: »
    I assume it is, hi Miguel :)

Hi :) I sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Got my call yesterday have a medical tomorrow morning 8am :)

Hey how did the medical go?

What did it consist of?

Thanks,

Nicola

Hey how did the medical go?

What did it consist of?

Thanks,

Nicola

Hey Nicola!

Mine consisted of a thorough questionnaire, height, weight, urine sample, hearing test, eye test and blood pressure. He asks you a few questions about yourself too. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Oh Dayum are they doing a drug test with that urine do you think..

I'd say so, they would cover everything

Some got bloods done last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

How long does it take to hear back after the Medical ??

Hey Nicola!

Mine consisted of a thorough questionnaire, height, weight, urine sample, hearing test, eye test and blood pressure. He asks you a few questions about yourself too. Hope this helps.

Ok, so nothing too major then.

Thanks for letting me know :)!

How long does it take to hear back after the Medical ??

I got my medical certificate from the doctor himself on the day

• Advertisement

I also rang HR to let them know that I had done it and passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

I also rang HR to let them know that I had done it and passed :)

I got the certificate too today but he said something about waiting for blood test results? Let us know if you hear anything from them with a start date!

I got the certificate too today but he said something about waiting for blood test results? Let us know if you hear anything from them with a start date!

Oh I started last year :) maybe give HR a ring tomorrow and let them know :) that's what lots of people did during my recruitment anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CoExGal

I recently completed an online assessment, but when I looked back at the Cabin Crew Criteria from their website, I realised it stated we must be in possession of a EEA Passport, which I think is the same as a EU/UK Passport?

I am a U.S. Citizen who married a Brit, and I have a Visa which allows me to live and work in the UK; however, I do not yet have a EU Passport, just a U.S. Passport.

Am I disqualified?? Then why would they send me an online assessment?

Here is a list of criteria from their website:

Essential Criteria:

Over 12 months experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
    Fluent in English, both spoken and written
    Must be18 years of age or over
    Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction
    Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
    Able to provide details of 3 contactable referees
    Able to pass a 5 – year security background check*
    5'2" to 6’2” tall, weight-height in proportion and can reach up to 6’3”
    Able to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least 1 minute
    Visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)
    Able and prepared to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights No tattoos/piercing visible when in Aer Lingus uniform
    Prepared to complete a medical questionnaire and medical/examination assessment under EASA regulations
    Possession and demonstration of the key competencies and skills outlined below
    *If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
    ----
    Does anyone know if we must have a EU Passport?

CoExGal wrote: »
    I recently completed an online assessment, but when I looked back at the Cabin Crew Criteria from their website, I realised it stated we must be in possession of a EEA Passport, which I think is the same as a EU/UK Passport?

I am a U.S. Citizen who married a Brit, and I have a Visa which allows me to live and work in the UK; however, I do not yet have a EU Passport, just a U.S. Passport.

Am I disqualified?? Then why would they send me an online assessment?

Here is a list of criteria from their website:

Essential Criteria:

Over 12 months experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
    Fluent in English, both spoken and written
    Must be18 years of age or over
    Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction
    Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
    Able to provide details of 3 contactable referees
    Able to pass a 5 – year security background check*
    5'2" to 6’2” tall, weight-height in proportion and can reach up to 6’3”
    Able to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least 1 minute
    Visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)
    Able and prepared to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights No tattoos/piercing visible when in Aer Lingus uniform
    Prepared to complete a medical questionnaire and medical/examination assessment under EASA regulations
    Possession and demonstration of the key competencies and skills outlined below
    *If you are a non Irish Citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
    ----
    Does anyone know if we must have a EU Passport?

Hi! Yes you need an EU passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daintree0806

When I was in AL for my interview,met a girl with Chinese passport,they did check her visa thing to make sure she was able to work in Ireland,They let her in for the interview,so might be ok for NON EU?

When I was in AL for my interview,met a girl with Chinese passport,they did check her visa thing to make sure she was able to work in Ireland,They let her in for the interview,so might be ok for NON EU?

Thank you for that; I won't know for sure until they ring me. But their website specifically states an EEA Passport.

Hope you are right though :)

I hope you're wrong, but I think you're right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Hi all just wondered if anyone knows if everyone has been called for interviews yet. And do you know when the interviews are due to end as I done my online assessment on 15 th December and am still hoping I'll get called. Congrats to everyone who got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lannerz

A2020 wrote: »
    Hi all just wondered if anyone knows if everyone has been called for interviews yet. And do you know when the interviews are due to end as I done my online assessment on 15 th December and am still hoping I'll get called. Congrats to everyone who got the job.

Hey. My interviewer yesterday said interviews will be going on for 3 more weeks.

• Advertisement

lannerz wrote: »
    Hey. My interviewer yesterday said interviews will be going on for 3 more weeks.

Thanks for letting me know. Just hoping I get an interview. Did you get much notice.

Thanks for letting me know. Just hoping I get an interview. Did you get much notice.

I got an email for the interview about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

I see Ryanair just put out a recruitment call, is that a definite no go do you think? I haven't heard good things but at this stage Id nearly do anything for the experience if I don't get this Aer lingus job

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi A2020,
    I haven't heard either way yet, and I applied early November! They tell me they haven't contacted everyone yet, but I'll believe it when I see it. Have you cc experience?
    And a belated congrats to everyone who has progressed through the interview stages, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilohotel

I had my 2 interviews on Tuesday, I'm anxious now because I'm seeing people doing Medicals and that I'm losing faith, does anyone have any idea on the type of Time frame that I should wait for the call? If they like me of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Not sure if this will be of comfort but when I interviewed for EI I wasn't chosen for a 2nd round interview straight away. Thought "Ah well worth a try". Weeks later got a call to the 2nd round. Reason I found out during my training was, anyone they were interested in but lived a long distance from Dublin was interviewed quickly to avoid a second trip for them. Anyone living in or close to Dublin was interviewed a while later as it was easier for them to get to the interviews.

That was a while ago but dont give up until you hear either way. There's a lot of people applying for the positions. Use the time to prepare in case you are called for a follow up interview.

greenarmy wrote: »
    Hi A2020,
    I haven't heard either way yet, and I applied early November! They tell me they haven't contacted everyone yet, but I'll believe it when I see it. Have you cc experience?
    And a belated congrats to everyone who has progressed through the interview stages, well done!

Hi greenarmy
    I have no cc experience but I wouldn't be concerned as someone here got the job with no experience.

Have my medical on Monday :) delighted! Only had my interview on Wednesday, Good luck to everyone!

do you mean wednesday as in the 13th?.

Well done Amy! Thats great news, you must be delighted :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Well done Amy! Thats great news, you must be delighted :)!

I don't no how to feel haha I thought my interview didn't go my way :) are you all set for your interview ?

Advertisement