Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bookworm66

Not yet :( there's more forms to do after the medical so I don't no if there's another stage after that

I asked at my second round interview what the next stages were and she said that there's the medical, a few forms to fill out and then some pre-selection training.
    From what I can gather though, as long as you pass the medical and security inspections you get to the pre-selection training. I know there does be exams in training so I'd say if you pass them you're in, because they're hardly going to pay for the medical and the training and then not hire someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Had my 2nd interview today, not sure if it went as well as the first one, think I waffled a bit , with the nerves ! They told me the 1st group training would start possibly at the end of Feb or early March. Everything crossed I'll get a call for the medical now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Had my 2nd interview today, not sure if it went as well as the first one, think I waffled a bit , with the nerves ! They told me the 1st group training would start possibly at the end of Feb or early March. Everything crossed I'll get a call for the medical now.

May I ask what kind of questions you were asked during the 2nd interview? just to have an idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

bookworm66 wrote: »
    I asked at my second round interview what the next stages were and she said that there's the medical, a few forms to fill out and then some pre-selection training.
    From what I can gather though, as long as you pass the medical and security inspections you get to the pre-selection training. I know there does be exams in training so I'd say if you pass them you're in, because they're hardly going to pay for the medical and the training and then not hire someone?

I'm a ball of nerves now waiting, is the pre selection training the training that starts in march or is this another hurdle before we get properly selected for the job training ? Sorry if that sounds confusing haha

Thanks
    Amy

B77, 2nd interview was a longer version of the 1st one, what you know about Aer Lingus, role of cabin crew, teamwork etc ! They did show a photo and you had to say what you saw, all I could see was an aircraft technician under a plane, but I bet there was something hidden that I didn't spot !
    Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

B77, 2nd interview was a longer version of the 1st one, what you know about Aer Lingus, role of cabin crew, teamwork etc ! They did show a photo and you had to say what you saw, all I could see was an aircraft technician under a plane, but I bet there was something hidden that I didn't spot !
    Good luck

Were any of the doors of the aircraft on display?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Mike the picture was just to test your English fluency, you could have said anything so long as you sounded fluent haha I started describing rainbows and the type of green on the plane and everything.. Just to really hammer home how fluent I was haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

Good luck

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

I'm a ball of nerves now waiting, is the pre selection training the training that starts in march or is this another hurdle before we get properly selected for the job training ? Sorry if that sounds confusing haha

Thanks
    Amy

Hi Amy!

No the pre selection training is the job training. You even get your uniform on the first day and start wearing it the third day in :) it's just called pre selection training as you have to pass a lot of exams before you go out on the lines!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Stasya, I hope that was all it was !

• Advertisement

2jb116 wrote: »
    Hi Amy!

No the pre selection training is the job training. You even get your uniform on the first day and start wearing it the third day in :) it's just called pre selection training as you have to pass a lot of exams before you go out on the lines!

Hope this helps :)

This helps alot!! Hopefully all goes well for everyone! :)

Thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Recruitment re-opended and extended to 29th Jan. https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/

I'm trying to fill out this online background check form they sent me out, im so terrified of getting it wrong. I don't have an official "contact" in UCD as they asking, do you think it's enough to provide them with the number for the registry and email for admissions???

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Hey

Yep you can just put down a general admission dept number. Once it's somebody who can verify that you were there your all good it doesn't have to be a specific person. How far are you j. The process, hopefully fly with you soon
    Stasya_x wrote: »
    I'm trying to fill out this online background check form they sent me out, im so terrified of getting it wrong. I don't have an official "contact" in UCD as they asking, do you think it's enough to provide them with the number for the registry and email for admissions???

Thanks kkap, I hope so too! I am doing my medical on Monday but I don't want to get my hopes too far up incase they discover my arm might fall off or something horrible like that :')

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Thanks Stasya, I hope that was all it was !

Stasya is correct, it's just an English proficiency test :) nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HospitalityNic

Got a call for my medical on Monday morning but I've no idea where to go.. They said they were going to email me but I didn't get the email I only got my background check e-mail. Can anybody help me?

Got a call for my medical on Monday morning but I've no idea where to go.. They said they were going to email me but I didn't get the email I only got my background check e-mail. Can anybody help me?

Hi, don't worry about the email not coming, I was in the same position. Mine came a few hours after I was told I would get it :) it just takes time.
    It's in village medical centre malahide. It might not be any harm to ring and confirm time and place for your own benefit.

Hope iv helped a little!

Amy

Gah it sounds like everyone is getting a medical! Anyone I knew who went for the job has also been called to medical.. I wonder is this really one of the last stages or are they going to break us off again somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mynames

Hi all, Anyone having interview on the 27th? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

mynames wrote: »
    Hi all, Anyone having interview on the 27th? Thanks

hey :) i have mine on the 27th as well. its at 10:45 in the morning. Looking forward to it now actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HospitalityNic

Thanks so much! I still haven't got it but it's tomorrow morning at 8:45 I'm just gonna go to that place in Malahide & hope for the best. Looking forward to meeting you all (hopefully)

Good luck to everybody doing interviews this week :) you will all be amazing!

Amy :)

Thanks so much! I still haven't got it but it's tomorrow morning at 8:45 I'm just gonna go to that place in Malahide & hope for the best. Looking forward to meeting you all (hopefully)

It's in the centre of the village just at the crossroads! Good luck tomoro :)

I'll be in at 8am so maybe you're in after me!

All this waiting for news is nerve wrecking! So afraid to leave my phone alone incase I get a call haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

All this waiting for news is nerve wrecking! So afraid to leave my phone alone incase I get a call haha :)

I know the feeling! I'm praying I'll get a phone call for a second interview!!

I know the feeling! I'm praying I'll get a phone call for a second interview!!

How did your interview go ? I'm sure you will get a second interview soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

How did your interview go ? I'm sure you will get a second interview soon :)

I felt like I did my best, I was quiet nervous but felt like I kept it together. I'm just trying to keep positive but I'm worried I won't hear back!

I'll let you know if I do.

Well done on getting so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Marbs

Did anyone who went for first interview but who didnt get called back on the day, get called for 2nd interview since the interviews started?

Advertisement