Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Got a phone call around an hour ago. Have a formal interview on the 10th of November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ree86

Joe95 wrote: »
    Got a phone call around an hour ago. Have a formal interview on the 10th of November :)
    Hi Joe,
    Did they tell you over the phone? Or you got an email?
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Ya got the call aswell for the tenth. Its on!!!

Santo81 wrote: »
    My point of view, I don't think so, is obviously you move once you have job, or you could have said I have a place to go already organised ( as I have ).

Can I ask you how long after you did your on line assessment they have called you ?
    Thanks
    Ree86 wrote: »
    I am sure you will be successful, I have previous cabin crew experience maybe that's why I got called early. Good luck!!

Ree86. Could ya give us an idea of what the job is like. What cabin crew do every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Santo81

Ya got the call aswell for the tenth. Its on!!!

I have email them today cause I haven't heard nothing from them since I complete my assessment (3 weeks ago).
    I got a replay saying this:
    Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted via email in due course.
    So anyone can tell me if u get a email before the telephone interview or what.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Ur one said to me over the phone at 4 o clock today that i said an interview at a certain place at a certain time. I would get an email on monday to confirm the details and i would have 2 forms that i would have to fill out and bring with me to the interview. Dont email them. Wait for them to contact you. That will annoy them and they might count you out for that. I know from personnal experience.

Ur one said to me over the phone at 4 o clock today that i said an interview at a certain place at a certain time. I would get an email on monday to confirm the details and i would have 2 forms that i would have to fill out and bring with me to the interview.

Thanks for that, so that means I wasn't successful, they normally replay saying that as happend before .
    Sad I was looking forward for this opportunity .
    Good luck everyone

Hard luck lad. sure theres always ryanair!! :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ree86. Could ya give us an idea of what the job is like. What cabin crew do every day?

I'm not Ree but I have an idea or at least I think I do lol!!
    Check in an hour before your flight
    Have a briefing with the pilots and other crew
    Go out to the aircraft and complete your relevant preflight checks and security search
    Board the flight
    Prepare the cabin for departure and take off!
    The service aspect is something I'm sure you have seen if you have flown before! The you prepare the cabin for landing
    Land
    And then turn the aircraft around and off you go again!!

I really enjoy it! You could work with a different crew everyday but it's still enjoyable there is an almost automatic Camraderie with crew and it can be a really nice work environment
    Any questiona I'll be happy to answer

Cheers lad. Aswell I keep meaning to ask this but i keep forgetting. For new cabin crew people would you be given short haul flights for a while and then gradually move up to long haul flights or would they throw you in the deep end?

• Advertisement

Cheers lad. Aswell I keep meaning to ask this but i keep forgetting. For new cabin crew people would you be given short haul flights for a while and then gradually move up to long haul flights or would they throw you in the deep end?

Depends what aircrafts you are trained and certified to operate on but I EI keep new temp peeps on short haul for a while before training on the long haul fleet

Whats the initial training like?

Hard luck lad. sure theres always ryanair!! :P

No thanks I deserve better then that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

As Locker10a points out you won't be trained on the long-hauls until your permanent (as is normal practice, currently). I love the Europe's myself, demanding but rewarding.

A bit of a tip to for your interview, try to answer every question (that relates to the daily operation) from a safety aspect but also commercially. That's something EI appreciate, awareness of the operation (ACL leases, Little Red, Long-Haul expansion, Positioning to a HUB operation, EI having some of the highest LF's and margins currently etc) and the commercial realities we currently face.

Intense, it requires - motivation, hard work and focus for the five weeks. You'll spend Five weeks studying safety, just four days of that will be customer service training, that should give you an idea of the role.

Be prepared to learn drills off by heart and be ready for lots of exams with high pass marks you almost have to have perfect knowledge of everything taught to pass training

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

In addition to above, try to slip something in about winning passengers' RETURN BUSINESS. They seem to love those two words, as in it's not about giving Mary and Joe in 5A and 5B a cup of tea with a smile, it's making that interaction such that it'll make them want to fly Aer Lingus again. That'll go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Hi guys,
    I applied for this job too,I have been out of the country for the past week however.
    I got a two missed calls off a number during the week and can't get back through to them when i ring.
    I'm not sure if this is them or not could anybody tell me from the phone interviews if their ringing off a mobile number or house number or what the number actually is.
    Cheers.

Rachel

I called the number back (telephone interview number) and asked the lady about the personal interview round. First she said you will receive an email I said that I have been waiting 2 weeks but have received nothing. Then She said she can schedule me for an interview on 14Nov. So that's that.

I felt that she somehow forgot to schedule me in. Anyone waiting to hear back, I would suggest to call back and check.

She said she will confirm the date and time by email during the week.

Good luck to all. Please let know how did the interview go and what kind of questions were asked. Hoping we will be crew in the new year!!

Hi guys,
    I applied for this job too,I have been out of the country for the past week however.
    I got a two missed calls off a number during the week and can't get back through to them when i ring.
    I'm not sure if this is them or not could anybody tell me from the phone interviews if their ringing off a mobile number or house number or what the number actually is.
    Cheers.

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

It's a landline number, also they were closed for the weekend, maybe try again today.

Good luck.

How long is the interview expected to go on for?

• Advertisement

Got an interview.Anybody got any idea of the format of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Have a good read of this guys. http://careers.aerlingus.com/recruitment-process/

Got an interview.Anybody got any idea of the format of the interview.

Hi how long ago did u complete the assessment on line?
    Did u received a email before they phone you for the interview ?
    Thanks

Santo81 wrote: »
    Hi how long ago did u complete the assessment on line?
    Did u received a email before they phone you for the interview ?
    Thanks

Did the assessment about 2 weeks ago.got the phone interview yesterday

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ryan202

Hi guys,

I have my interview Wednesday the 12th. From when i applied to the online assessment to the phone interview and to getting the actual interview was all in around a 3 week wait period.

I applied for this role last year and made it to the face to face interview where unfortunate i didn't make it any further but im back again this year and very determined to get it.

the interview as far as i remember is very casual. It was 2 women that interviewed me, one was the head of customer service and one was a senior member of cabin crew.

They asked about my customer service experience, why i wanted to work for EI and why i felt i was suitable for this role. The rest i cannot remember. You do however have to stand up and read of a safety card so practice this as it came as a shock to me.

Ii hope this information will help someone and good luck to everyone.

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyle1991

Hi All,

I got an interview for Tuesday the 18th and I'm just wondering what is the best thing to wear to the interview? How long is the interview expected to go on for?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

doyle1991 wrote: »
    I got an interview for Tuesday the 18th and I'm just wondering what is the best thing to wear to the interview? How long is the interview expected to go on for?

You can never go wrong with business attire. Suit and tie/blouse and skirt would be minimum. Wear full business suit if you want.
    Afterall these interviewers will want to get a sense of how you will be able to wear the uniform on a day to day basis.

On the website, Aer Lingus says it posititons itself as a 'value carrier airling' What does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

hya, guys, anyone help at all, my daughter just got a phonecall for an interview next week for aer lingus cabin crew, any ideas on what it entails, like what questions will be asked and what she should know, any help at all would be brilliant! tia x

Advertisement