Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oliveirapazian

Hi guys. I have been called for a medical, but there is something bothering me. I will have to give up my job in order to work as a cabin crew. Nothing new there. But do you guys know that this is a seasonal contract and that we will be dismissed when the season is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ef_10

Hi guys. I have been called for a medical, but there is something bothering me. I will have to give up my job in order to work as a cabin crew. Nothing new there. But do you guys know that this is a seasonal contract and that we will be dismissed when the season is over?

Yea I heard its seasonal! When was your interview

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

they told me its a 9 month permanent contract, then, depending on your performance, they will extend your contract and usually after a year or so you get a full time contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oliveirapazian

Ef_10 wrote: »
    Yea I heard its seasonal! When was your interview

I had both interviews on the 19th and my medical is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Best of luck to everybody going through the process at the moment. And to those of you who have completed medicals or are about to well done exciting times ahead... Looking forward to flying with you over the next few weeks and months.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 PrincipessaBox

Hi!
    I applied in November online, and a few days later I think it was, I got an online assessment. A few weeks after the assesment I was invited for an interview.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks;) I don't think they will call me at all due to the fact that I made application in Sunday, and till now still nothing and no online assessment invitation. Maybe I am just to pessimistic:(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

I had my 2nd interview on the 22nd and haven't heard back about the medical, hope starting to fade 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allurepp

Hi everyone! i had my 1st and 2nd interview yesterday 27/01/16
    Has anyone heard anything yet?

No news is good news MikeF747!

ker_eire22 wrote: »
    hey :) i have mine on the 27th as well. its at 10:45 in the morning. Looking forward to it now actually :)

How did your 2nd interview go yesterday? I was very nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me for a medical, and many who interviewed after me were called before me and I was freaking out. So don't worry too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

allurepp wrote: »
    How did your 2nd interview go yesterday? I was very nervous!

It was ok i think :) its pretty much a longer version of the first one. they told me watch out for my email. how was urs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tshaunagh123

Did anyone who done the first interview one day get called back a different day for second interview? and how long did it take for them to give you the second interview? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skelly92

Did anyone who done the first interview one day get called back a different day for second interview? and how long did it take for them to give you the second interview? :)
    Add your reply here.

I had my first interview on the 14th and got called a week later for the second

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tshaunagh123

Skelly92 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

I had my first interview on the 14th and got called a week later for the second

oh ok! bit of hope so! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skelly92

Stasya_x wrote: »
    It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me for a medical, and many who interviewed after me were called before me and I was freaking out. So don't worry too much!

Thanks a million :) this makes me feel better because it's only been a week since my second interview so I'll keep the fingers crossed for another while :)

Does anyone know do you get an email to say if you are unsuccessful?

I see AL are now doing recruitment for ground crew now !

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Thanks;) I don't think they will call me at all due to the fact that I made application in Sunday, and till now still nothing and no online assessment invitation. Maybe I am just to pessimistic:(

I wouldn't get worried too soon, so many people are applying, you might get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Hey, I interviewed on the 26th and was called back the same day for a second interview. Everyone is super friendly and there's no need to be nervous because it's a really relaxed atmosphere. They said it's been awfully cut throat this year and only the top few were chosen for interviews.

For anyone who has already done the medical, can you explain what exactly happens? Is it a drug test or a more in depth medical? Any information would be a great help.

Happy flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Hey, I interviewed on the 26th and was called back the same day for a second interview. Everyone is super friendly and there's no need to be nervous because it's a really relaxed atmosphere. They said it's been awfully cut throat this year and only the top few were chosen for interviews.

For anyone who has already done the medical, can you explain what exactly happens? Is it a drug test or a more in depth medical? Any information would be a great help.

Happy flying.

Hi!

The medical consists of a blood test, urine sample, hearing test, eye test and medical history! Then some forms to fill in, its all very relaxed :) the doctor is lovely aswel!

Amy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Happy flying.

Hi Speedbird - have you heard from EI since the 26th, I also did the two interviews on that date but haven't had any word on medicals yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ef_10

Robert T wrote: »
    Hi Speedbird - have you heard from EI since the 26th, I also did the two interviews on that date but haven't had any word on medicals yet.

Me too havnt heard anything yet!

They called my references this morning and then I got a phone call to schedule the medical for Tuesday the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Congrats speedbird184! I'm in the same boat as Robert T and another one or two - I had two interviews on the 26th. Really didn't perform as well as I should have in the second one, so not holding out too much hope. Hopefully they will allow for nerves on the day! Best of luck to everyone, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Do you think we're pretty much in if we've done o ur medical. I'm still freaking out that it's not gonna happen even though I've had mine :'(

Hi guys, just a quick question, do they email or ring about the medicals? Thanks

ker_eire22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a quick question, do they email or ring about the medicals? Thanks

I got a phone call, and then a confirmation via email.

And I doubt they would send you for a medical unless they were pretty confident they were going to hire you; it's an expense for them after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

Yes, the medical does cost quite a lot. Haven't heard anything yet either. Congrats speedbird :)

I just wonder whether they will call or email people who live outside of Ireland...

• Advertisement

And I doubt they would send you for a medical unless they were pretty confident they were going to hire you; it's an expense for them after all.

I got a phone call, and then a confirmation via email.

Thanks. I had both my interview on the 27th . The waiting is killing me.

Advertisement