Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

2jb116 wrote: »
    Well done :):) for what date? Delighted for you!

The 4th of April :D
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

I got a conditional job offer today :) so happy right now!

Well done Amy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skelly92

Congrats to all on getting a job offer. Delighted for ye and best of luck with it. :) just a quick question....does anyone know if they've finished calling for medicals? Thanks

Well done Amy! :)

Thank you so much :)

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Ugh still waiting, this is killing me. My medical was ages ago and they were ringing me last week about the background check weh

I got so many calls about my backround check, its so thorough, I wouldn't worry too much. I'd say its just a matter of time untill you get the call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 HospitalityNic

Well done everyone :) I also got a training date for 29th March!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allurepp

Congratulations to all who got the job offer!! 👠Question for everyone else - have you heard you didn't get the job yet? As in rejection email etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

The 4th of April :D
    Thank you :)

We'll be in the same class then.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Finally got a call thank the Lord, I might have actually lost the plot if I had to wait any longer.

Well done everyone selected so far, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other soon

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bookworm66

allurepp wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who got the job offer!! 👠Question for everyone else - have you heard you didn't get the job yet? As in rejection email etc? Thanks

I've not received a rejection email or anything yet. It's been three weeks to the day since my second interview if that's any use as a timeline. My guess is that they won't send out rejection emails until everyone they want to hire has passed their medicals, background checks and reference checks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Stasya_x wrote: »
    Finally got a call thank the Lord, I might have actually lost the plot if I had to wait any longer.

Well done everyone selected so far, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other soon

Hi, when do you start training?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What's the starting wage as a FA on Aer Lingus? it strikes me as a particularly tough job until you ascend the ranks and get to work the long haul routes? I could be wrong in my assessment, but flying DUB - ORD and getting a couple of days rest in a great city would seem a lot more enjoyable than flying 3-4 short hauls in a day starting and finishing in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Robert T wrote: »

April 14th!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

Robert T wrote: »

Robert, did they call you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allurepp

N
    bookworm66 wrote: »
    I've not received a rejection email or anything yet. It's been three weeks to the day since my second interview if that's any use as a timeline. My guess is that they won't send out rejection emails until everyone they want to hire has passed their medicals, background checks and reference checks.

I was thinking along the same lines myself. I'd say all the rejection emails will be sent out together :-( I've lost hope at this stage now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oliveirapazian

Just got a call and they offered a six months contract with training starting in April. Is everybody being offered a 6 months contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Inquitus wrote: »
    but flying DUB - ORD and getting a couple of days rest

There's no couple of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bussywussy wrote: »
    There's no couple of days...

Straight back the next night? I presume that as its only @ 9 hours give or take it doesn't qualify for an extended rest period? How far do you need to fly to qualify for a day or twos layover? >12hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

I have really lost faith TBH. I had my interview 2 weeks ago and nothing about a medical. Since they are offering jobs now, I guess I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Just got a call and they offered a six months contract with training starting in April. Is everybody being offered a 6 months contract?

Hi there! I believe some were offered permanent seasonal and the rest offered temporary. I'm also in the same boat as you. A truly permanent job from day one in an airline is non existent these days. They need to have a certain number of flexible staff to allow for quiet periods, so they're just covering their backs. I started my last flying job as temporary, was made permanent and stayed there over a decade. I really wouldn't worry about the type of contract - if your performance is good and the future expansion plans go ahead, eventually permanency should follow. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Straight back the next night? I presume that as its only @ 9 hours give or take it doesn't qualify for an extended rest period? How far do you need to fly to qualify for a day or twos layover? >12hours?

it depends on schedule,there's no flights over 12 hours,at the moment there's a flight to Orlando on a Saturday and you've a few days over there til you fly out Tues night,likewise with San Fran there's no tues/thurs flight in winter so you'll get an extra day on a monday/weds flight.
    Im not sure how they put crew on TA,i don't think its until you become permanent or over 6 months or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Bussywussy wrote: »
    it depends on schedule,there's no flights over 12 hours,at the moment there's a flight to Orlando on a Saturday and you've a few days over there til you fly out Tues night,likewise with San Fran there's no tues/thurs flight in winter so you'll get an extra day on a monday/weds flight.
    Im not sure how they put crew on TA,i don't think its until you become permanent or over 6 months or so...

Crew are put on TA really just when the demand for more crew is there :) layovers can be 1, 2, 3 or the odd time 4 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilohotel

I still haven't heard a single thing since Jan 12th ! I had the second interview then, any ideas what I could do to contact and make sure that my application hasn't been lost or anything getting very anxious

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What's the starting wage as a FA on Aer Lingus? it strikes me as a particularly tough job until you ascend the ranks and get to work the long haul routes? I could be wrong in my assessment, but flying DUB - ORD and getting a couple of days rest in a great city would seem a lot more enjoyable than flying 3-4 short hauls in a day starting and finishing in Dublin?
    EI are a little unusual in that their crew operate both long and short haul routes. New crew may have to wait 1-2 years to be trained for longhaul but once thats done they get a mix.
    Most EI stops in the US are 24 hours (daily flights) with a few 48 hour (4-5 weekly schedule) 24 hours in the West Coast must be a bit rough but overall still a great opportunity.
    EI operate their crew on minimum legal limits, so there is no company/union rule for rest requirement. (There used to be, I think they operate to FTLs since 2010?)
    And EI dont operate really longhaul to anywhere that would enter into minimum layover limits. The layover length in determined by the schedule.
    Looking at the timetable on EI.com I see that the T/A flying is reduced at the moment so I guess there are a few 2/3 night stops, with daily flights to most cities in the Summer this will be reduced to 24 stopovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B777

Tenger wrote: »
    EI are a little unusual in that their crew operate both long and short haul routes. New crew may have to wait 1-2 years to be trained for longhaul but once thats done they get a mix.
    Most EI stops in the US are 24 hours (daily flights) with a few 48 hour (4-5 weekly schedule) 24 hours in the West Coast must be a bit rough but overall still a great opportunity.
    EI operate their crew on minimum legal limits, so there is no company/union rule for rest requirement. (There used to be, I think they operate to FTLs since 2010?)
    And EI dont operate really longhaul to anywhere that would enter into minimum layover limits. The layover length in determined by the schedule.
    Looking at the timetable on EI.com I see that the T/A flying is reduced at the moment so I guess there are a few 2/3 night stops, with daily flights to most cities in the Summer this will be reduced to 24 stopovers.

During the interview i asked about long haul and they said unless we're on full time contracts we will only be doing turnarounds

B777 wrote: »
    During the interview i asked about long haul and they said unless we're on full time contracts we will only be doing turnarounds
    Yup sounds like it has always been. Shorthaul until you are made permanent.
    EI are a little unusual in that their crew operate both long and short haul routes. New crew may have to wait 1-2 years to be trained for longhaul but once thats done they get a mix. .....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Yup sounds like it has always been. Shorthaul until you are made permanent.

Guys it's not shorthaul until you are made permanent, it used to be like that but not anymore. There were lots of fixed term crew put on the 330 last year and about 100 permanent seasonal going on it this year!

They train crew up when the demand is there for more TA crew

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MiguelCorreia

Are they still interviewing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

Has anyone been called for medicals recently or has all the medicals been carried out?

• Advertisement

2jb116 wrote: »
    Guys it's not shorthaul until you are made permanent, it used to be like that but not anymore. ......
    Looks like Im showing my age......

Advertisement