Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Tenger wrote: »
    Looks like Im showing my age......

Haha awh not at all :) things change all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aine D

I got offered the job today!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Congrats Aine, well done

Aine D wrote: »
    I got offered the job today!

Awh that's great congrats :) when are you starting

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Is it just callbacks for offers now? Or are they still calling for medicals? I haven't heard back after my second interview on the 29th so I'm wondering if anyone got calls about medicals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

Is it just callbacks for offers now? Or are they still calling for medicals? I haven't heard back after my second interview on the 29th so I'm wondering if anyone got calls about medicals.

I emailed EI during the week regarding hearing back if we don't get it and they replied saying they're still reviewing applications and that we will all hear, whether successful or not, by the end of the month. But I'm in the same situation as you so I think if we were gonna get called for medicals we'd have heard by now :(

I'm in the same boat and I haven't heard any more people getting called for medicals. It would be so much easier if they would send out rejection emails as soon as they know. Anyway, congrats to everyone who was successful and best of luck in the air!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

Hi Folks. Congratulations to everyone who got a job offer. I am just wondering how long was it between your medicals and a job offer. I had my medicals on the 1st Feb and still no phone call. I got the cert from the doctor just waiting for the call.

2jb116 wrote: »
    Awh that's great congrats :) when are you starting

22nd of April :-)

martinCork wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Congratulations to everyone who got a job offer. I am just wondering how long was it between your medicals and a job offer. I had my medicals on the 1st Feb and still no phone call. I got the cert from the doctor just waiting for the call.

I got a call 3 weeks after my medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

My medical was the 2nd, and I got a call the 9th. So one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

If anyone hears of anyone getting called for medicals please post :(

If anyone hears of anyone getting called for medicals please post :(

I'm still waiting but I guess I have no hope. Both my interviews were on the 29th of Jan, heard nothing since.
    Someone posted they will let us know by the end of the month so not long left anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LB94

I've had a very different experience. Applied late January got a call about a week later for a phone interview then was asked to come for a formal interview with 4 days notice. Only done one interview but it was very long and I got asked a lot of the same question that people were asked in there second interview. I asked when training would be starting and they said they had filled their quota for staff for the moment but we're putting together a panel of successful candidates for when they needed to hire again. Had my interview on the 8th of Feb and still haven't heard anything about a medical. Anyone else have a similar experience or was that they're way of fobbing me off cause they didn't like me in the interview?

LB94 wrote: »
    I've had a very different experience. Applied late January got a call about a week later for a phone interview then was asked to come for a formal interview with 4 days notice. Only done one interview but it was very long and I got asked a lot of the same question that people were asked in there second interview. I asked when training would be starting and they said they had filled their quota for staff for the moment but we're putting together a panel of successful candidates for when they needed to hire again. Had my interview on the 8th of Feb and still haven't heard anything about a medical. Anyone else have a similar experience or was that they're way of fobbing me off cause they didn't like me in the interview?

No this is a good thing! You've a very good chance of getting a start date within the next few months. It means they have plans for future recruitment coming up and want to have a panel ready to go to start training when it comes around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LB94

No this is a good thing! You've a very good chance of getting a start date within the next few months. It means they have plans for future recruitment coming up and want to have a panel ready to go to start training when it comes around :)

Oh really? I had a lot of hope after the interview as they seemed quit impressed with my experience and how long I'd been in a customer service based job then I completely lost all hope after reading through these comments when I seen people were being offered jobs the day I had my interview plus my interview was very different, they didn't do a reach test or harness test. I'll keep the fingers crossed. Thanks a mill

I was offered the job today. Starting training on the 26th March. See you then!

I was offered the job today. Starting training on the 26th March. See you then!

Congrats :) for cork base?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

I applied for this , done the online assessment , got email back to say that unfortunately I didn't pass it . About 3 weeks later I get an email @ 4 pm on a Wednesday evening inviting me for an interview at 9am the next morning , I was unable to attend ...I don't really know what the mix up was but I feel there was one somewhere along the way
    Congratulations to all the lucky new recruits !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

......... got email back to say that unfortunately I didn't pass it . About 3 weeks later I get an email........inviting me for an interview at 9am the next morning.......I don't really know what the mix up was but I feel there was one somewhere along the way........
    I would take a guess that perhaps they were told to accept a certain number of interviewees for a number of places.....those numbers were revised and they contacted more applicants for interview.
    I'm just guessing here however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

I had my 2nd interview on 20th Jan, and haven't heard anything about medical so far , was talking to a friend who is current cabin crew and she said that there are going to be 3/4 courses , the first course has been filled with mainly internal or people with crew experience, and that there is a good chance of still being called for medical ! So I'll keep hoping 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Mikef747 wrote: »
    I had my 2nd interview on 20th Jan, and haven't heard anything about medical so far , was talking to a friend who is current cabin crew and she said that there are going to be 3/4 courses , the first course has been filled with mainly internal or people with crew experience, and that there is a good chance of still being called for medical ! So I'll keep hoping 😜

Hi Mike747, There are many more courses than that! I'm starting in April, and the recruitment person told me there are 2-3 courses PER WEEK until at least late April. They are starting on several different days of the week. They may well be filling a panel with those that have completed two interviews, when the courses may be is anyone's guess but I wouldn't lose hope...

Congrats :) for cork base?

Hi. I don't think its cork. I applied for Dublin. You never know though.

Ah ok I just assumed because of your username hahah silly me! It'll be Dublin so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosiemcg1

Hi all I heard from a very good source that 140 cabin crew have been taken on and that there are 14 people on a panel for future places.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Rosiemcg1 wrote: »
    Hi all I heard from a very good source that 140 cabin crew have been taken on and that there are 14 people on a panel for future places.
    Info in the industry is that its 170 recruits, all for DUB base. SNN is being scaled down, recent recruits there are being moved back DUB.
    Of course these things can change very quickly if EI scale back/increase Summer routes/frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

Does anyone know what the roster will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

Anyone starting training on 29th April and have you received contracts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi Susan,
    I've a start date before that and I've yet to receive any written contract details. I'm guessing that they're waiting till they know you've passed the background check and will get an airside pass before they send it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

Hi Susan... They sent me a pre-training contract a few weeks ago when I got the offer and told me that I would get the proper contract once I pass training!

Advertisement