Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Hey guys. Any rejection letters/calls yet. I have lost faith but would like to be officially ruled out of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

JaeCork wrote: »
    Hi Susan... They sent me a pre-training contract a few weeks ago when I got the offer and told me that I would get the proper contract once I pass training!

Hey, how long after the offer did you get a contract sent ? I was offered a place but haven't received one yet.
    Thanks
    Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

Hey, how long after the offer did you get a contract sent ? I was offered a place but haven't received one yet.
    Thanks
    Amy

I got the offer on the 3rd February and got the contract sent by email on the 8th February but he told me I would get the proper contract once I pass training?!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Hi Amy,
    Just spoke to HR and they have a completely separate issue that has delayed email contracts being sent but dates given still stand. Could possibly be end of this week before they are sent out.

Thank you so much for telling me this :)
    Was worried a little!!
    Appreciate it :)

Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hayley_OOR

Just wondering if anyone could help me , I received an email during the week with the conditional offer and contract along with all the forms , one form is the letter of acceptance , do I have to print , sign and scan this back to who I received it off or do I just fill it out and bring it with me on the meet and greet ?

• Advertisement

Hayley_OOR wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could help me , I received an email during the week with the conditional offer and contract along with all the forms , one form is the letter of acceptance , do I have to print , sign and scan this back to who I received it off or do I just fill it out and bring it with me on the meet and greet ?

Hi Hayley :) I have mine printed off to bring with me on the meet and greet day? I think the only one we had to sign, scan and send back was the consent form for the airside ID? I'm not 100% but that's what I'm doing anyway!

Ok perfect I'll bring that so along with the bank forms and all the rest! Thanks @jaeCork !:) that was the one where we had to sign to give our permission for background checks and all the rest was it ? Thanks again !:)

Hayley_OOR wrote: »
    Ok perfect I'll bring that so along with the bank forms and all the rest! Thanks @jaeCork !:) that was the one where we had to sign to give our permission for background checks and all the rest was it ? Thanks again !:)

That's what I think we have to do anyway? My next dilemma is what do we have to wear to the uniform fitting day?! :) I'm not sure whether to wear business kind of clothes or just regular jeans and a nice top?

That's what I think we have to do anyway? My next dilemma is what do we have to wear to the uniform fitting day?! :) I'm not sure whether to wear business kind of clothes or just regular jeans and a nice top?

I know I was thinking the same ! I'm thinking smart casual maybe black jeans and a nice shirt and sweater maybe ! Something along the lines of that . Once you look respectable and presentable I can't see much of an issue with what you choose to wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Guys the dress code for the first day is smart :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

That's what I think too. Everyone in headquarters that I saw on the interview day was smartly dressed. I don't intend to stand out :-)

The first day I wore a blazer, blouse, them woman's skinny leg suit pants and my hair and makeup like what it would be in uniform! I'd recommend for guys to wear slacks, a shirt and tie :-)

This is how everyone was dressed on my first day

2jb116 wrote: »
    The first day I wore a blazer, blouse, them woman's skinny leg suit pants and my hair and makeup like what it would be in uniform! I'd recommend for guys to wear slacks, a shirt and tie :-)

Ok thanks!! :) Dressy and Smart it is!

Ok thanks!! :) Dressy and Smart it is!

No prob :) you might get one or two looking casual but it's always good to make the effort, you're being assessed from the moment you walk in

No prob :) you might get one or two looking casual but it's always good to make the effort, you're being assessed from the moment you set foot in the place

Ya I completely agree! I wasn't sure because I was given a date for meet and greet on the 18th March but a uniform fitting on the 11th March so I'm unsure how long the uniform fitting will take? Will it be a full day kind of thing or will that be on the 18th?

Ya I completely agree! I wasn't sure because I was given a date for meet and greet on the 18th March but a uniform fitting on the 11th March so I'm unsure how long the uniform fitting will take? Will it be a full day kind of thing or will that be on the 18th?

Hmm I'm actually unsure of this because when I started we had the meet and greet and uniforms done all on our first day! Then straight into training, it wasn't broken up at all! Still go with smart enough clothes for the uniform fitting though. Sorry I can't help with the latter! :(

Hmm I'm actually unsure of this because when I started we had the meet and greet and uniforms done all on our first day! Then straight into training, it wasn't broken up at all! Still go with smart enough clothes for the uniform fitting though. Sorry I can't help with the latter! :(

Thanks so much you've been a great help! :)

Thanks for clearing it up !:)

Hey guys, juts got an email that I have been placed on a panel. Does anybody know if I actually have a chance of getting a job in the future? And roughly how long of a wait it is?

Hey guys, juts got an email that I have been placed on a panel. Does anybody know if I actually have a chance of getting a job in the future? And roughly how long of a wait it is?

I'm not sure if this is of any help but I read a few pages back that aer lingus have plans to do several more recruitments so I would think you're in with a chance ! Also I spoke to HR today and they also said they've ran into a few delays and are recruiting extras due to people dropping out , I'm unsure if that just applied to the cork base but that's what I was told anyways , stay positive !:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Recruitment and commencement has changed this year, so you are correct when you say you got 2 dates. There is now a uniform and welcome day and then your training commences separately. Previously this was done on day one but it has now been separated. Good luck to everyone who will commence training and look forward to flying with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

Congratulations. Im guessing it's likely you will be called. Out of 140 people, statistically some people will pull out for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

I'm also still waiting on the contract to be sent out but good to know I'm not the only one ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lannerz

Hey guys i also got an email about being placed on a panel. Does anyone know if everyone who didn't get called for training is put on the panel or is it just a select few?

Thanks and goodluck to everyone who is traning

lannerz wrote: »
    Hey guys i also got an email about being placed on a panel. Does anyone know if everyone who didn't get called for training is put on the panel or is it just a select few?

I am in the same position, not sure what the chances are of actually getting a medical soon and ultimately start training.

Guys do your training contracts state what base you are going to be working at after training.

martinCork wrote: »
    Guys do your training contracts state what base you are going to be working at after training.

You'll be in the base you applied for unless they call you and ask you would you be willing to go to another one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

lannerz wrote: »

Hi lannerz, Definitely only a certain few are placed on a panel. It basically means you were successful but the available places are all full. There will certainly be drop outs before and during training, but I'm not sure if these spaces will be filled or they'll simply have an extra course or two at the end( ie in May) to re - fill the quota.

martinCork wrote: »

Yeah mine says Cork Base!

• Advertisement

greenarmy wrote: »
    Hi lannerz, Definitely only a certain few are placed on a panel. It basically means you were successful but the available places are all full. There will certainly be drop outs before and during training, but I'm not sure if these spaces will be filled or they'll simply have an extra course or two at the end( ie in May) to re - fill the quota.

How tough is the training? How many fail the training statistically?

Advertisement