Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skelly92

lannerz wrote: »
    Hey guys i also got an email about being placed on a panel. Does anyone know if everyone who didn't get called for training is put on the panel or is it just a select few?

Thanks and goodluck to everyone who is traning

Congrats on being put on the panel. From what iv heard a job offer is around the corner. When did you get the email? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lannerz

Skelly92 wrote: »
    Congrats on being put on the panel. From what iv heard a job offer is around the corner. When did you get the email? :)

Hey I got the email yesterday.
    Some people are saying they waited up to 10 months for a job offer

Skelly92 wrote: »

Hey I got the email yesterday.
    Some people are saying they waited up to 10 months for a job offer
    did you get the same email?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

martinCork wrote: »
    How though is the training? How many fail the training statistically?

It's pretty tough, but once you apply yourself and are prepared to put the work in it's fine! It's quite rare for people to fail, but more so some realise it's not for them. It's very strict, as it should be, and the lifestyle doesn't suit everyone. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

How tough is the training? How many fail the training statistically?

It's tough enough, you have very regular exams which you have to pass and then at the end you have a big exam with everything that was in those exams and practical exams that day also. You get 2 attempts at each exam, if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

Hi guys, got an email yesterday that I was put on a panel. I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or not. All I know is ill be staying in nursing for a while. Congrats to all who got a job offer

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

ker_eire22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, got an email yesterday that I was put on a panel. I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or not. All I know is ill be staying in nursing for a while. Congrats to all who got a job offer

Hi, I'm in the same situation, there is a few that got placed on a panel. Fingers crossed. Have you done a medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

No medical at the moment. i've totally forgotten about it then i got the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

Hi I got an email as well regarding been placed on a panel, haven't heard anything about a medical yet. Do you think we have a good chance off been called before summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Wings16 wrote: »
    Hi I got an email as well regarding been placed on a panel, haven't heard anything about a medical yet. Do you think we have a good chance off been called before summer?

Looks like there is a few of us, so not sure, all depends if they will need to recruit more I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Whoever is on the panel, it's a good thing! They only put one together if they're planning something so you will more than likely be getting contacted within the next 6 months :) keep the spirits up and stay positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

2jb116 wrote: »
    Whoever is on the panel, it's a good thing! They only put one together if they're planning something so you will more than likely be getting contacted within the next 6 months :) keep the spirits up and stay positive :)

Just wondering if you could give some insight on the roster please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

JaeCork - Where are you going to be based? Cork or Dublin

kkapp wrote: »
    JaeCork - Where are you going to be based? Cork or Dublin

I'm going to be based in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allurepp

Hi, has anyone received a rejection email or a letter yet? Congrats to all who got on the panel. Can you please tell me when you received that email?

Thanks

Monday the 22nd, I did both interviews on the 29/01

I got the email monday the 22nd too. i had both my interviews on the 13 of january

I still haven't heard anything yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Think I'm gone, haven't heard anything since 2nd interview 😞 And I have checked my junk and spam too !

moloner4 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, still no news is good news :)

Actually edit that, I just searched my emails and it ended up in my junk section so I'm on the panel.

Make sure to look at the spam and junk :)

Checked mine and no email there :-( Congrats to get to the panel

• Advertisement

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Think I'm gone, haven't heard anything since 2nd interview 😞 And I have checked my junk and spam too !

Same here :-( ;-(

Anyone heard anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

I just got an offer for Cork. The had offered me Dublin initially.Now it has changed for Cork. Over the moon right now

I just got an offer for Cork. The had offered me Dublin initially.Now it has changed for Cork. Over the moon right now

That's brilliant well done!! Did you ask to change to Cork or did they just ask you out of nowhere? :)

JaeCork wrote: »
    That's brilliant well done!! Did you ask to change to Cork or did they just ask you out of nowhere? :)

They rang me yesterday to tell there was a vacancy in Cork and if I was interested to change. Just said I was delighted. They confirmed everything today. Happy days! !

They rang me yesterday to tell there was a vacancy in Cork and if I was interested to change. Just said I was delighted. They confirmed everything today. Happy days! !

That's great!! When do you start training? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

So I emailed the recruitment team yesterday asking if I didn't get a medical or email about the panel will I rule myself out and they are yet to reply- unusual seeing as they usually would reply straight away. I've given up anyway I've made other plans but good luck to the rest of ye I hope ye all make it :)

JaeCork wrote: »
    That's great!! When do you start training? :)

Starting on the 18th March. I'd say we will be in the same group.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Still waiting on the email with the contract and all the starting details :/ was told I would get it a week after my job offer, hope it comes soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bookworm66

So I emailed the recruitment team yesterday asking if I didn't get a medical or email about the panel will I rule myself out and they are yet to reply- unusual seeing as they usually would reply straight away. I've given up anyway I've made other plans but good luck to the rest of ye I hope ye all make it :)

Just got my rejection email there. Second interview was Jan 23rd. I started a new job this week so not disheartened!

Advertisement