Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

I'm only guessing but it seems to me they may be waiting for each group to be filled/backgrounds etc to come through before settling the next group in case they want to bump someone up the list. Prob why they are slow to send out contracts. Offer still stands

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

Still waiting on the email with the contract and all the starting details :/ was told I would get it a week after my job offer, hope it comes soon!

Amy I spoke to the recruitment team and they told me some were sent and some are in the process. They hope to send them by Thursday. I think it all depends on what your starting date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MiguelCorreia

Just received the rejection email. Even though I'm a little bit sad it's not the end of the world :)

Next year I'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

martinCork wrote: »
    Amy I spoke to the recruitment team and they told me some were sent and some are in the process. They hope to send them by Thursday. I think it all depends on what your starting date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

Starting on the 18th March. I'd say we will be in the same group.

Me too! See you there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Got the rejection email today also 😞
    Good luck to all the successful applicants!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

JaeCork wrote: »
    Me too! See you there!

I am assuming you are attending the ramp safety training on Monday. I am puzzled about what clothes to wear. Smart/casual/safety??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

I am assuming you are attending the ramp safety training on Monday. I am puzzled about what clothes to wear. Smart/casual/safety??

Smart. You're making an impression, remember until wings day your still an applicant so its literally 5 weeks of being Mr or Ms Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Agree with Jack1985. For those successful you will soon realise that the interview stage was part 1 , until you get your wings on that last day you are being watched, monitored and assessed. It really is like one big long job interview. But one that you will take great memories from. Looking forward to meeting all of our new recruits over the coming weeks. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Skelly92

Has anyone not heard from Aer Lingus about their application at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

Skelly92 wrote: »
    Has anyone not heard from Aer Lingus about their application at all?

When did you have your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shaydz4

I had my first interview on the 14th of January and my second interview on the 21st of January. I have not heard anything at all since then or I have not yet received a rejection e-mail. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

shaydz4 wrote: »
    I had my first interview on the 14th of January and my second interview on the 21st of January. I have not heard anything at all since then or I have not yet received a rejection e-mail. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

I am the exact same. My first interview was the 14th of Jan and second was the 21st of Jan. Was excepting a rejection email because I hadn't heard in so long but still haven't got anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

I am the exact same. My first interview was the 14th of Jan and second was the 21st of Jan. Was excepting a rejection email because I hadn't heard in so long but still haven't got anything yet

Perhaps send them a quick email or call them? Panel and rejection emails have been sent out last week, so maybe it has gone into your spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wanderlust12

Hey guys I'm the same too. No rejection email either. I've also emailed them and have gotten no reply. I've checked spam and trash too. Perhaps my application was lost?? I find it weird to have heard nothing at all. I have accepted I didn't get it but I should surely get an email like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

Anyone get their contracts today that are still waiting? I am waiting weeks now for mine. I am sure all is well but would be nice to get the actual contract to stop me thinking I am dreaming all this!!

Suek747 wrote: »
    Anyone get their contracts today that are still waiting? I am waiting weeks now for mine. I am sure all is well but would be nice to get the actual contract to stop me thinking I am dreaming all this!!

Yeah I'm in the same boat as yourself, I have been waiting for mine to be sent to me aswel :/ making me doubt myself that I got the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shaydz4

Hey guys I'm the same too. No rejection email either. I've also emailed them and have gotten no reply. I've checked spam and trash too. Perhaps my application was lost?? I find it weird to have heard nothing at all. I have accepted I didn't get it but I should surely get an email like everyone else

When did you e-mail them?

shaydz4 wrote: »
    When did you e-mail them?

I emailed them first last week and no reply which is unusual and then I emailed them again this morning and still no reply/rejection email. Has anyone else heard anything since?

I emailed them first last week and no reply which is unusual and then I emailed them again this morning and still no reply/rejection email. Has anyone else heard anything since?

I emailed the last week and they said they'd get back to everyone by the end of last week but still waiting. Let me know if they reply to you :)

• Advertisement

I emailed the last week and they said they'd get back to everyone by the end of last week but still waiting. Let me know if they reply to you :)

I will of course :) it's a bit strange because it's too late for us to be offered anything so I don't see why some got rejection emails and some got nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kittia

This is my first message here, but I've been following this conversation for while. My interview was more than a month ago and they told me to keep an eye to my email. I've been "keeping my eye" on my email day by day and still there is nothing. It's just ridiculous! Such a huge company but they recruitment seems a bit messy. They are keeping so many people under pressure. For me it would be better to recieve rejection after a week not to wait for "miracle?" :/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

For all of those waiting to hear back don't give up hope. It does take time and decisions are often delayed due to background checks etc. They go through every single piece of information you give for verification. I myself had to wait 7 weeks after my interview to hearing i got the job. When I worked with Virgin Atlantic previous it took nearly 2.5 months before we got a reply. It is part and parcel of the position you have applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

I know someone who works as crew in Aer Lingus and they told me it can take weeks to hear back so I would say no news is good news! If you are on the list for the panel does anybody know from past recruitment if you have a good chance at been called?

Wings16 wrote: »
    I know someone who works as crew in Aer Lingus and they told me it can take weeks to hear back so I would say no news is good news! If you are on the list for the panel does anybody know from past recruitment if you have a good chance at been called?

They said they'd let us know by the end of February though. I'm applying for a post graduate course now instead but it would have been nice to have been informed in the time frame we were told we would.

Has anyone heard anything this week ?

Iv received my contract and details :) happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Iv received my contract and details :) happy days!

Me too. Does anyone know if accommodation during training is provided? It wasn't mentioned on any of the paperwork but I seem to be under the impression that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Me too. Does anyone know if accommodation during training is provided? It wasn't mentioned on any of the paperwork but I seem to be under the impression that it is.

What base will you be in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

2jb116 wrote: »
    What base will you be in

Dublin

Advertisement