Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Dublin

No accommodation is provided for Dublin based trainees I'm afraid as the training centre is in Dublin, I'm not aware of that changing this year. Usually only accommodation is provided for trainees who have to train in Dublin but will be based elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

There's the airport B&B that's a 5 min walk to the training centre. It has a kitchen and storage for food in presses and the fridge/freezer. I stayed here for training. It'll be popular for training so book asap if you're looking for somewhere to stay! You can book it for the complete duration of the training or else just the 5 days you'll be in training and you can leave your stuff there in a suitcase on the days you have off! The owners of it don't even live there!
    http://www.airportbedandbreakfast.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JaeCork

Iv received my contract and details :) happy days!

That's great it's such a relief!! Did you get a permanent contract or seasonal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

JaeCork wrote: »
    That's great it's such a relief!! Did you get a permanent contract or seasonal? :)

Hey! It doesn't say which it is, just says conditional offer of Training contract! Such a weight lifted! In relation to the letter of acceptance did you bring yours in or are you brining it in on your meet and greet day ?

Hey! It doesn't say which it is, just says conditional offer of Training contract! Such a weight lifted! In relation to the letter of acceptance did you bring yours in or are you brining it in on your meet and greet day ?

That's brill I'm delighted for you! I'm bringing it with me on Thursday when I have my meet and greet :)

• Advertisement

That's brill I'm delighted for you! I'm bringing it with me on Thursday when I have my meet and greet :)

You have it this Thursday ? Let me now how you get on!! It's really exciting :)

You have it this Thursday ? Let me now how you get on!! It's really exciting :)

Ya I have training in Cork on Monday morning for 3 hours and then meet and greet Thursday in Dublin! My training starts the following Friday on the 18th I can't wait!!

Ya I have training in Cork on Monday morning for 3 hours and then meet and greet Thursday in Dublin! My training starts the following Friday on the 18th I can't wait!!

You have a busy week next week but its so worth it! I'm delighted for you and everyone who got this far! Exciting times ahead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Really exciting time for those who have a start date. It is going to be a busy busy few weeks ahead. I along with some other Senior Cabin Crew will be at the training academy for a work shop on Thursday so make sure to say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aine D

I got my job offer on the 15th of February but I haven't got my contract yet.
    Is it via email or posted?

• Advertisement

Aine D wrote: »

I got mine through email, I was waiting nearly two weeks for mine so I wouldn't worry too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Aine D wrote: »

Aine I haven't got mine either. My start date is April 14th so maybe because we have later dates ours will go out later?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

Did anyone on the panel get a phone call asking what base they would be interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachel89

Hi,I've been following the thread for a while but just set up an account tonight. Congratulations to everyone that's been offered a place. I start training on the 14th of April,looking forward to meeting everyone and can't wait to get started 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

I really look forward to meet and greet session tomorrow. Does anyone know what is going to happen on that day and how long it is going to go on for. Just curious. Cheers

Anyone else meet and greet on the 29th of March ? :)

martinCork wrote: »
    I really look forward to meet and greet session tomorrow. Does anyone know what is going to happen on that day and how long it is going to go on for. Just curious. Cheers

All I know is we will be getting our uniform fitting and ordering them! I have no clue about anything else... I'm so excited though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

Add your reply here.
    Yes I am meet and greet on 29th and start date on 4th April. Can't wait.

Suek747 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    Yes I am meet and greet on 29th and start date on 4th April. Can't wait.

Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

How did today's meet and greet go? Can't wait for an update!

Suek747 wrote: »
    How did today's meet and greet go? Can't wait for an update!

It was great fun. We checked in at the reception of Shamrock house and then we're showed into a sort of waiting room. Different people arrived at different times and we finally could meet each other from the group and have a bit of a chat and laugh. . We then went to a fitting room to try our uniforms on. A lot of fitting and changing was involved. Once you got your sizes they were then ordered for you. That was it. A very pleasant experience. Best of luck and Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rachel89

martinCork wrote: »
    It was great fun. We checked in at the reception of Shamrock house and then we're showed into a sort of waiting room. Different people arrived at different times and we finally could meet each other from the group and have a bit of a chat and laugh. . We then went to a fitting room to try our uniforms on. A lot of fitting and changing was involved. Once you got your sizes they were then ordered for you. That was it. A very pleasant experience. Best of luck and Enjoy

Hi Martin,just wondering how long did everything take? I'm in at 8.30 on the 7th of April and just wondering what time I'll be finished,roughly. Is shamrock house near lolar house where the interviews were held? Don't want to get lost on my first morning.

Rachel89 wrote: »
    Hi Martin,just wondering how long did everything take? I'm in at 8.30 on the 7th of April and just wondering what time I'll be finished,roughly. Is shamrock house near lolar house where the interviews were held? Don't want to get lost on my first morning.
    Hi Rachel. There were 14 of us in the group. They split us in 2 groups of 7 for fitting. It took about 90 minutes for the first group to be done and another 90 for the second one. My tip is to be in the first group. That way you will be done by 10.30ish. It was fun tough to wait for your turn. You could talk to your colleagues etc. Again they might do it completely differently based on the group size etc. The Shamrock house is kinda across the number of roads to the terminal. It is on the same side as terminal 2 about 300 meters before it. Just Google map it. You can't miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eurorcl7

Hey guys,

Just wondering what's involved in the medical??

eurorcl7 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering what's involved in the medical??

Hi,
    Medical history, urine sample, blood test, sight test, hearing test. Im pretty sure that's everything!
    Good luck :)

Hi,
    Medical history, urine sample, blood test, sight test, hearing test. Im pretty sure that's everything!
    Good luck :)

Is it a full blood test or just the finger prick not great with needles??

Is it a full blood test or just the finger prick not great with needles??

Full I'm afraid, I'm bad with needles myself and the doctor couldn't get it from my arm and had to take from my hand, he makes you look away and goes as quick as he can!

Full I'm afraid, I'm bad with needles myself and the doctor couldn't get it from my arm and had to take from my hand, he makes you look away and goes as quick as he can!

Oh lovely can't wait now.

• Advertisement

Oh lovely can't wait now.

You'll be fine :) you have gotten this far, its just one more step closer!

Advertisement