Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

nikobyrne wrote: »
    hya, guys, anyone help at all, my daughter just got a phonecall for an interview next week for aer lingus cabin crew, any ideas on what it entails, like what questions will be asked and what she should know, any help at all would be brilliant! tia x

Questions about her customer service experience.
    Her knowledge of the company.
    Knowledge of their recent business initiatives
    Knowledge of what the cabin crew role entails on a day to day basis.
    Ability to deal with customers in a time sensitive and safety focused sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Santo81

ryan202 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have my interview Wednesday the 12th. From when i applied to the online assessment to the phone interview and to getting the actual interview was all in around a 3 week wait period.

I applied for this role last year and made it to the face to face interview where unfortunate i didn't make it any further but im back again this year and very determined to get it.

the interview as far as i remember is very casual. It was 2 women that interviewed me, one was the head of customer service and one was a senior member of cabin crew.

They asked about my customer service experience, why i wanted to work for EI and why i felt i was suitable for this role. The rest i cannot remember. You do however have to stand up and read of a safety card so practice this as it came as a shock to me.

Ii hope this information will help someone and good luck to everyone.

Ryan

Hi there same story last year I made to face to face one and this year I complete my assessments nearly 4 weeks ago and still waiting to be contact ... Maybe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

thanks so much for the reply, great information, will let you know how she gets on x

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Hi does anyone know do they give you notice when they are going to ring you for a phone interview? As in an email beforehand, I did online assessments yesterday and I'm worried if they do ring me - I won't be able to take call as I'll
    Be in work...do they leave a voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ryan202

They don't give you any notice!they will just ring!I missed the call and they left a voice mail!they don't tend to ring at the weekend's so you should be safe:)

• Advertisement

hi lola 7301, no, my daughter sent her application in on wednesday, did the assesments on thursday and got the phone call on friday while she was out jogging with the dog! She was totally unprepared too but got the interview for next week

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

ryan202 wrote: »
    They don't give you any notice!they will just ring!I missed the call and they left a voice mail!they don't tend to ring at the weekend's so you should be safe:)

Thats annoying :/ I was afraid of missing a call while at work, I did the application, did the tests and sent them, my status when i log on to the careers website says "Invite to pre-selection online tests" ! I'm a little confused as I have done these ages ago and not head a peep not even an automatic reply to confirm i submitted my online tests which i think you generally get but im not sure :confused::confused::confused:

has anyone actually done the interview? how long was it and besides knowing the history of aer lingus, what else was asked?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

nikobyrne wrote: »
    hi lola 7301, no, my daughter sent her application in on wednesday, did the assesments on thursday and got the phone call on friday while she was out jogging with the dog! She was totally unprepared too but got the interview for next week

This is something i dont understand about Aer Lingus, a friend who works there warned me of this! She said its all over the shop with recruitment, When she joined some people on her course had done the interview 3 months previously , while some had done it 2 weeks beforehand! It seem there is no order to they way they screen applicants, or maybe there is some method to the madness

Yes it does seem to Be very haphazard and if I do get a call I'm worried I'll have to run into work loo to take it or I'll be driving on motorway - I think a bit notice would work better, even an email hour beforehand. Their email re online assessments says they will be in touch shortly after you complete assessments which I would assume means they will be in touch either way but that doesn't seem to be the case which is a bit misleading...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ree86

Good luck to everyone doing the interviews from Monday onwards, hopefully all of us will be successful and will be starting the training from January.

Locker10a wrote: »
    Thats annoying :/ I was afraid of missing a call while at work, I did the application, did the tests and sent them, my status when i log on to the careers website says "Invite to pre-selection online tests" ! I'm a little confused as I have done these ages ago and not head a peep not even an automatic reply to confirm i submitted my online tests which i think you generally get but im not sure :confused::confused::confused:

Hi there, sane story here I've complete my assemsent online 4 weeks ago.
    I've email them a week ago and they replay saying:Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted via email in due course.
    I think is fare to let applicant know ider there are in or not, but also they most have received an overwhelmin of application and takes time maybe...
    I hope that they will contact soon but maybe not.
    All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Laurad141

Hi I did tests then phone interview two wks ago have interview this coming Thursday,

Laurad141 wrote: »
    Hi I did tests then phone interview two wks ago have interview this coming Thursday,

Good luck laured141, let us know how you get on. How did you find the phone interview?

Hi thanks sorry i meant to say I have an interview this thur does anyone know what questions come up?
    thanks

Phone interview was ok thy asked where they fly too what is good customer service
    would u think a day in the life of a cabin crew member would be like and why do you want to work for aer lingus
    :-)
    Thanks for the well wishes I will let u know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosiemcg1

Hi Everyone

I filled out the application form for cabin crew with Aerlingus Dublin Base for summer schedule 2015 almost 2 weeks ago with a closing date of 28/10/14. I have not heard anything since apart from acknowledgment of receipt. I presume that if I was in with a chance that I would have received an online assessment by now. Just wondering if most people were given their assessment soon after applying or is this the norm? I see they keep extending the closing date they must be looking for a lot of crew and haven't gotten the response they wanted yet. Can anyone let me know what they think? Would greatly appreciate it thanks.

doyle1991 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got an interview for Tuesday the 18th and I'm just wondering what is the best thing to wear to the interview? How long is the interview expected to go on for?

How did the interview go?

Rosiemcg1 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I filled out the application form for cabin crew with Aerlingus Dublin Base for summer schedule 2015 almost 2 weeks ago with a closing date of 28/10/14. I have not heard anything since apart from acknowledgment of receipt. I presume that if I was in with a chance that I would have received an online assessment by now. Just wondering if most people were given their assessment soon after applying or is this the norm? I see they keep extending the closing date they must be looking for a lot of crew and haven't gotten the response they wanted yet. Can anyone let me know what they think? Would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Hi I applied last wed and got reply following day to do online assessments which I did last Friday but I haven't received any response since that. There doesn't seem to be any format to the way they do it. Other people are left waiting few wks from what I can gather...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosiemcg1

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Hi I applied last wed and got reply following day to do online assessments which I did last Friday but I haven't received any response since that. There doesn't seem to be any format to the way they do it. Other people are left waiting few wks from what I can gather...

Thanks for the reply Lola7301 best of luck in your application x

• Advertisement

Rosiemcg1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Lola7301 best of luck in your application x

And same to you Rosie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doyle1991

Ree86 wrote: »
    How did the interview go?

I don't have the interview till next tuesday :)

doyle1991 wrote: »
    I don't have the interview till next tuesday :)

Oh sorry, I thought it was today. Mine is this Friday I am so nervous.

Anybody else attend the interview yet?

Oh sorry, I thought it was today. Mine is this Friday I am so nervous.

Anybody else attend the interview yet?

I wish, good luck with it and let's know ..!:)

Hi I did the online assessments on Friday last and I emailed AL today to ask would applicants be notified one way or the other and I got a reply saying applicants would be notified via email in due course as they are currently reviewing them all. Am I correct in assuming I didn't get through so?

Hi I did the online assessments on Friday last and I emailed AL today to ask would applicants be notified one way or the other and I got a reply saying applicants would be notified via email in due course as they are currently reviewing them all. Am I correct in assuming I didn't get through so?

Hi, I suppose you didn't as I did May assessment 5 weeks ago, I've mail them about 2 weeks ago with same response as yours.. So I guess, but u never know is a bit early for you.
    I've applyed for a cabin crew position with BA, ther are looking for staff too...
    Best of luck ..
    .. I wonder if age is a matter ?

Santo81 wrote: »
    Hi, I suppose you didn't as I did May assessment 5 weeks ago, I've mail them about 2 weeks ago with same response as yours.. So I guess, but u never know is a bit early for you.
    I've applyed for a cabin crew position with BA, ther are looking for staff too...
    Best of luck ..

Santo81, have you checked the online status of your application?

Santo81 wrote: »
    Best of luck ..

I wouldn't have thought age is a factor as my friend got a job with them at 44! I wish they would just give you a straight answer though! Are BA hiring with a dublin base? Thanks Santo81, I'm sure you will get there if you have the determination. I wonder could you reapply with a different email address or would they think you were a complete nutter?! Lol

Santo81, have you checked the online status of your application?

Yes status: invite to preselection online test .

• Advertisement

I wouldn't have thought age is a factor as my friend got a job with them at 44! I wish they would just give you a straight answer though! Are BA hiring with a dublin base? Thanks Santo81, I'm sure you will get there if you have the determination. I wonder could you reapply with a different email address or would they think you were a complete nutter?! Lol

The position is in London heatrow, Ido have determination second time that i try with aer lingus ...
    No I'm not a nutter lol, I think it could I'm over qualified ?? Lol

Advertisement