Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Suek747

You'll be absolutely fine for blood test. The doctor is lovely. The day I did mine he did bloods for everyone first and then back in the waiting room for a while before he did the rest of the tests. Gives you some time to get relaxed again for the next tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Hi everyone, are they still doing medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

The link to the car park location that was sent with the contract doesn't work. Does anyone know which car park is the "white" car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

The link to the car park location that was sent with the contract doesn't work. Does anyone know which car park is the "white" car park?

It's the one to the right of Hangar 6

The white zone is the one to the right of the topaz garage and hangar 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Yes the white zone if the carpark to the right of the hanger and beside the topaz garage. If you received your ID already it should work by just scanning it at the access point on entering. One tip is to plan your study carefully, the few weeks fly by and with exams weekly you don't want to let things build up. Also once they give you the blank equipment diagrams for the aircraft start studying them asap. They look daunting but the trainers will give you hints and tips on how to remember where everything is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HospitalityNic

Anyone have their meet and greet on 22nd March and training starting the 29th March? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Anyone have their meet and greet on 22nd March and training starting the 29th March? 😊

Your going to make lots of friends HospitalityNic

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MD96

Heya. anyone here starting the TCourse on the 18th April (greetings on the 12)? did u guys already get the training course contract? i've been waiting for weeks since the job offer phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 martinCork

Anyone from Cork group - how and when are you travelling to Dublin for the training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RGorman

Hey MD96 im starting on the 18th of April too! :) I'm so excited!! just wondering What is everyone wearing to the meet and greet day?

RGorman wrote: »
    Hey MD96 im starting on the 18th of April too! :) I'm so excited!! just wondering What is everyone wearing to the meet and greet day?

I'd advise everyone to dress smart as you're being assessed from the moment you walk in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

I agree with 2b116 , dress smart although you have received your training contracts you need to look at the 5-6 weeks training as one big long interview. The trainers watch everything and once you are in the uniform you have to remember that when you are walking to and from car parks, airport terminals etc you do not know who was looking or walking past you and I know that sounds a bit far fetched but you need to stay in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lannerz

Hey
    Has anyone who got onto the panel heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi everyone! Just a quick question for those who have had their uniform fitting, and more so for the ladies. Having read through the uniform standards there doesn't seem to have been advice on type of shoe required. Do EI provide a standard to the a/c and on board a/c shoe, or do we need to source one ourselves before training begins? I would have simply asked my friends in EI, however the standards for make up and nails have changed very recently ( they haven't even been made aware of them) so I'm reluctant to assume the shoe standards remain unchanged. Thanks in advance!

Has anybody had any difficulty completing the health and safety training course online? I seem to be logged in and set up but there are no courses available??

Did you need to bring any forms with you for the meet and greet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

The group is up and running; search Facebook for Aer Lingus Cabin Crew 2016 or click the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ei2016/

See you online and on board.

Hi guys, just be careful of using the company name on social media as they're strict about it! Usually during training you will be asked to remove yourself from them! So maybe just change the name to 2016 cabin crew starters or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bookworm66

I'm well out of the running but on here for something else and saw there were new posts in this thread....thought I'd just say you might want to make the Facebook group private in some way, because anyone can just click on and read everything you're posting there. Good luck with everything!

• Advertisement

Hi all. Just finished first week of training.

It's quite intense so plenty of rest before you start. If you got a pre course work book do read it as it's the base for your first exam - phonetic alphabet and airport codes and abriviations too.
    Best of luck to everybody!

Hey guys
    I got placed on the panel a while back and got called for a medical this morning. Has anyone else heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LB94

lannerz wrote: »
    Hey guys
    I got placed on the panel a while back and got called for a medical this morning. Has anyone else heard anything?

I'm in the same position? Did you apply for the Dublin base?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

Hey guys

I also got called. Did they give you a date for the medical?

Wings16 wrote: »
    I also got called. Did they give you a date for the medical?

I asked the guy I was speaking to and he said I'd get a call tomorrow to arrange a date that suits. What date is your training starting? He said a date in May but I was so shocked I can't remember.

LB94 wrote: »
    I asked the guy I was speaking to and he said I'd get a call tomorrow to arrange a date that suits. What date is your training starting? He said a date in May but I was so shocked I can't remember.

They said they'd ring me tomorrow about a medical too!
    They gave me the 18th of may for a start date

They said they'd ring me tomorrow about a medical too!
    They gave me the 18th of may for a start date

I think that's my start date too! Not 100% but I'll double check when they ring me tomorrow. Hopefully i pass the medical now. Anyone whose already done the medical, what kind of eye test does the doctor do?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

I think that's my start date too! Not 100% but I'll double check when they ring me tomorrow. Hopefully i pass the medical now. Anyone whose already done the medical, what kind of eye test does the doctor do?

Hi there! Don't worry about the eye test - you're allowed wear corrective glasses / lenses with Aer Lingus if you need them. So if you currently wear them, bring them with you to the medical. Best of luck to everyone!

greenarmy wrote: »

Hi there! Don't worry about the eye test - you're allowed wear corrective glasses / lenses with Aer Lingus if you need them. So if you currently wear them, bring them with you to the medical. Best of luck to everyone!
    Add your reply here.
    What all happens in the medical exam? What are they looking for

• Advertisement

greenarmy wrote: »

I have a scar on my cornea which more or less makes me blind in one eye but I have perfect vision in the other unfortunately glasses/contacts don't help. Suppose I'll just hope for the best.

Advertisement