Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LB94

lannerz wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    What all happens in the medical exam? What are they looking for

Sight test, hearing test, blood test, urine sample and medical history. Did you hear from them yet about a date for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

LB94 wrote: »
    I have a scar on my cornea which more or less makes me blind in one eye but I have perfect vision in the other unfortunately glasses/contacts don't help. Suppose I'll just hope for the best.

I've no idea how that may affect your medical, sorry. He tests your vision by having you read a board with letters, which I guess would be a standard eye test, and you need to read using both eyes and then one eye at a time. Then you do the same with an up close page of letters. I really hope you make it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LB94

greenarmy wrote: »
    I've no idea how that may affect your medical, sorry. He tests your vision by having you read a board with letters, which I guess would be a standard eye test, and you need to read using both eyes and then one eye at a time. Then you do the same with an up close page of letters. I really hope you make it through!

Thanks very much! We'll keep the fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wings16

Any one hear anything yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lannerz

LB94 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    What all happens in the medical exam? What are they looking for

Sight test, hearing test, blood test, urine sample and medical history. Did you hear from them yet about a date for the medical?
    Yeah I have mine on the 29th . did you hear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishgirlflyer

Hi guys, did anyone hear about their medical yesterday or today? I was told I'd hear back yesterday with a date but still nothing.
    Can't help but feel anxious as I need to hand in notice in my current job :(

Hi guys, did anyone hear about their medical yesterday or today? I was told I'd hear back yesterday with a date but still nothing.
    Can't help but feel anxious as I need to hand in notice in my current job :(

I have mine next week. I'm in the same boat with my current job, they require a months notice so I'm cutting it tight 😠anyone know if they have contacted references?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishgirlflyer

Wings16 wrote: »
    I have mine next week. I'm in the same boat with my current job, they require a months notice so I'm cutting it tight 😠anyone know if they have contacted references?

Hey Wing16,
    Thanks for the reply! My nerves are shot! I still haven't got a call about my medical yet? Do you mind me asking when you got the call regarding yours? I'm hoping it's not all an amazing dream of some sort! Can't wait to get it all out of the way and get training. Best of luck with the medical next week! Let us know how it goes :)

Did any one who got their medical date get an email or anything to confirm? The person who I spoke with in HR said I should get an email but I haven't received anything thanks :)

Did any one who got their medical date get an email or anything to confirm? The person who I spoke with in HR said I should get an email but I haven't received anything thanks :)

Hey . no I haven't got any emails either! Thought it was just me haha

• Advertisement

Hi guys I had my medical and it seemed to go ok and the doctor gave me a medical cert so I think that means I passed? I had to hand my notice into work because we are required to give a month but I think they still have to do background checks etc. Has anyone else had theirs?

Hi guys I had my medical and it seemed to go ok and the doctor gave me a medical cert so I think that means I passed? I had to hand my notice into work because we are required to give a month but I think they still have to do background checks etc. Has anyone else had theirs?

Hey do we have to wear business clothes to the medical or just casual?

Hey do we have to wear business clothes to the medical or just casual?

I went straight from work so I just had black work trousers and a blouse but I wouldn't say it's essential to wear business attire 😊

Has anyone received a contract or anything yet?

Has anyone received a contract or anything yet?

No contract yet. They're checking our references ATM so unless we get it after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aspiringk8

moloner4 wrote: »
    Can anyone doing training or who works out with aer lingus see or enquire about the panel please? Like if you know if it will actually happen or if it just takes a couple of weeks? :)

I have another job offer for the 1st of June and I really want to know before I sign the contract :(

Hey there iv been following this thread since trying to apply for the position and just joined now. :)

Iv also been placed on the panel and received two phone calls in relation to it the last one being last Saturday.

I was told the second time that they weren't sure if the panel was 100% going ahead and if it was that I'd hear back in the next couple of weeks.

It had been three weeks between the first and second phone call.. So keep those fingers crossed that we will find out before June :)

Hi guys, so I got a phone call last week and they told me I should be contacted by the end of last week regarding a uniform fitting for this week and I've heard nothing since and still haven't received a contract or anything? Just feeling a bit anxious as I'm due to finish up in work within the next few days! Has anyone else received any further info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emaema

Anyone here anything back? I've emailed aer lingus and got nothing back. :(

I have another job offer so this is pain in the whole situation :/

Hi no haven't heard anything yet 😞 I know someone who started today so she's going to keep me posted if she hear's anything more about more training, I'll keep you posted as well, fingers crossed we hear soon the wait is killing me!

thank you ☺

I just got a call, I start training next month :) really hope you get a call also 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aspiringk8

Just got the call too!!! So happy :D

Congrats guys!! I also got my call!! It's well deserved :)

• Advertisement

Just got the call too!!! So happy :D

Brilliant :) the wait is finally over exciting times ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

Anyone know if they will be recruiting again this year ?

Okay thanks :) I found a link that's allowing me to fill out the application online but not sure if it will actually submit when it says the closing date is 29/1/2016.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Im going to guess that it wont accept that application.
    If Aer Lingus open applications again a new webform will no doubt be placed on their vacancies site. And Im sure a new thread will be opened here.

Yeah I emailed them but they can't disclose that type of information. hoping they out one up soon considering the last one was at the start of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 30 byrne221

Hello,

Just looking to get some information on the tattoo policy with AER LINGUS.

I understand the website states no tattoos to be visible while in uniform but for male staff do they wear long sleeves shirts with jacket while on plane duty ?

Because I have a deceased relatives name on my wrist and it's rather big bug it doesn't show past my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Jackets aren't worn for service. Male crew have the option of long sleeve shirts, but they prob won't cover a tattoo on the wrist when you're reaching. If you're interested I would apply and let the recruiters decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

byrne221 wrote: »
    Hello,

Just looking to get some information on the tattoo policy with AER LINGUS.

I understand the website states no tattoos to be visible while in uniform but for male staff do they wear long sleeves shirts with jacket while on plane duty ?

Because I have a deceased relatives name on my wrist and it's rather big bug it doesn't show past my wrist.

Front line staff no tattoos. Once they see it they won't even interview you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Caniask2

Hi. I'm new to boards.
    I just wanted to know more about their tattoo policy. It's a shame that they won't allow tattoos. Does anyone know the reason for such a dated policy?
    Has anyone heard back about an interview yet?
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Caniask2 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new to boards.
    I just wanted to know more about their tattoo policy. It's a shame that they won't allow tattoos. Does anyone know the reason for such a dated policy?
    Has anyone heard back about an interview yet?
    Thank you

To my mind tattoos are similar to Marmite, so people love it, some people etc, etc.....

Tattoos are cultural thing that will evolve in years to come, just like long hair on men was frowned upon by certain sectors in society in the 1960's & 70's. Also bear in mind, that the preferred corporate image in the hospitality service sector is very much of the "preppy" clean cut image type, which has been fostered by over a century of practice.

I like Marmite by the way :)

Advertisement