Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Caniask2 wrote: »
    Do we know how long before they get back to people? I found the timed assessment tough.

Hopefully we will all get the next assessments next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Caniask2

A2020 wrote: »
    Do we know how long before they get back to people? I found the timed assessment tough.

Hopefully we will all get the next assessments next week.

That soon? Is the next round a face to face?

Well I hope that soon I don't think it's face to face its more assessments. They could be at home or in house I'm not sure there are two sets of assessments before the interview.

Well I hope that soon I don't think it's face to face its more assessments. They could be at home or in house I'm not sure there are two sets of assessments before the interview.

At home? Do you mean Via Skype or over the phone? Hopefully the next round o assessments are ok.

At home? Do you mean Via Skype or over the phone? Hopefully the next round o assessments are ok.

No I think the assessments will be sent like they were during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 molone50

I hope they have it more organised this recruitment drive. They usually have no set format for recruiting which I never understood seeing as it's a big company. Hopefully with the new website and assessment process it will be quicker than usual. Sometimes it takes them months to sort out applicants with interviews etc. Extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

I hope to god they give us email notification before ringing us for a phone interview! Far back in this thread someone mentioned getting rang 4 days after doing the online assessments!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Just out of curiosity, is there an "unspoken" age rule limit for cabin crew applicants?
    For instance, would someone applying in their 30s be pretty much unsuccessful and deemed too old? It seems the average cabin crew age has become extremely young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, is there an "unspoken" age rule limit for cabin crew applicants?
    For instance, would someone applying in their 30s be pretty much unsuccessful and deemed too old? It seems the average cabin crew age has become extremely young.

People have joined in there 50's... There's no age limits.

That's good. I find when I'm on flights I prefer the mature cabin crew. Don't get me wrong I think the younger ones are fab too but I personally love the older ones.😀

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything back yet? I wonder how long the overall process takes from online assessment to interview.
    That's interesting about the age. I have noticed too that their crew seem to be very young. Some of them don't have great manners.

Did anyone get an email after the online assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Has anyone heard anything back yet? I wonder how long the overall process takes from online assessment to interview.
    That's interesting about the age. I have noticed too that their crew seem to be very young. Some of them don't have great manners.

It said on recruitment page that interviews are being held between the 5th December and the 16th as far as I can remember. On recruitment page it said anyone that was successful on first round of online assessment would receive another link for online assessments and if successful with them they would be invited to an interview between the above dates..

Guys, does anyone know by any chance would it be this week that they might be sending out the next assessments for those that made it through to the next stage? :)

Jambori wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know by any chance would it be this week that they might be sending out the next assessments for those that made it through to the next stage? :)

I don't think anyone really knows. They don't give set dates for anything and then I'm sure if people are unsuccessful they may not be told at all

I don't think anyone really knows. They don't give set dates for anything and then I'm sure if people are unsuccessful they may not be told at all

Thanks for that :) So I suppose we'll just have to sit tight and wait to see if people get the good news!

In that the interviews are just over a month away, I'd imagine it'll be quite soon, considering all the prep work they'd have to be doing for each candidate before the interviews begin

Fingers crossed!

Jambori wrote: »

Thanks for that :) So I suppose we'll just have to sit tight and wait to see if people get the good news!

In that the interviews are just over a month away, I'd imagine it'll be quite soon, considering all the prep work they'd have to be doing for each candidate before the interviews begin

Fingers crossed!

Do you know what the face to face interviews entail? Is it's full day assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K209

I really hope they get back to us soon, the wait is torture. I thought it was very hard to tell how the online tests went, if I knew I did awful I'd relax a bit but I just couldn't tell. Would be really disappointed if didn't get to interview stage as want to knock their socks off. Hate the waiting. My other half just got an interview date this morning for a job he's always wanted which is making me check my emails even more lol.

K209 wrote: »
    I really hope they get back to us soon, the wait is torture. I thought it was very hard to tell how the online tests went, if I knew I did awful I'd relax a bit but I just couldn't tell. Would be really disappointed if didn't get to interview stage as want to knock their socks off. Hate the waiting. My other half just got an interview date this morning for a job he's always wanted which is making me check my emails even more lol.

I think we have another two rounds of online interviews first before we get to the interviews :( I really hope we get an email this week. I wanna start now

I think we have another two rounds of online interviews first before we get to the interviews :( I really hope we get an email this week. I wanna start now

Guys Aer Lingus recruitment is a mystery to everyone. Only they understand their process....I hope. I've known their recruitment process to go over three to four months with candidates kept waiting for each stage with their only knowledge of what's happeneing is this thread on boards. So as only a week has gone by I'd prepare for a long wait. Then again they may be more organised this time. You never know.

• Advertisement

They are starting training in January, March and April. So I'm assuming they will be breaking it down that way? Not sure if they will do another call out around xmas time for the March training camp.

It doesn't matter when they say training is starting. Most candidates are kept waiting for months. Go through this thread and other threads from the start. You will see how long people are kept waiting from online assessment to 1st round interview to 2nd round interview. Then some are given 1st and 2nd interviews on the same day while others have only 1st round interview and kept waiting weeks for 2nd round and are freaking out when they see that some have both on the same day. Then some people who hear nothing at all. It's usually all over the place is all I'm saying so be prepared. For such a big organisation their recruitment structure is a mystery compared to what you'd expect from the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

No training in January, courses will be in March, April and May. They are doing a new recruitment process this year, it will be different to last years and previous years

2jb116 wrote: »
    No training in January, courses will be in March, April and May. They are doing a new recruitment process this year, it will be different to last years and previous years

Different? How so? Is there a reason for them making a change this year? You sound like you have inside knowledge.... care to share :)

2jb116 wrote: »

I'm not suprised they finally decided to drag their recruitment process into this century....suprised it took them this long.🤔😃 Can you share what the changes are? You obviously have inside knowledge as you are constantly on these threads giving advice etc. so give the wannabe cabin crew a helping hand. If it helps them be better prepared I'm quite sure they would be extremely grateful.😜

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Hey everyone! I have just received an email inviting me for a video interview, anyone else receive the same? Last year I went straight from online assessments to face to face interview, has there been a change up?

They have changed it up. Read the above posts.

molone50 wrote: »
    They have changed it up. Read the above posts.

Thanks! :) did you apply this year too?

Hey everyone! I have just received an email inviting me for a video interview, anyone else receive the same? Last year I went straight from online assessments to face to face interview, has there been a change up?

Oh dear I didn't hear anything since doing the online assignments. How did you find the interview last year.

• Advertisement

Oh dear I didn't hear anything since doing the online assignments. How did you find the interview last year.

The interview last year was face to face so a little bit daunting! But once I got in there it was fine they were all so nice :) I got the second interview but wasn't successful any further after that. I just got the email this morning so you may still get one! :)

Advertisement