Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K209

I got the email too to do video interview. I am a bit nervous about it. Do we know the questions beforehand or do we just have the time they have allotted during the video process to think of our answers? Excited but really really don't want to get this far and mess it up. Well done on getting to the next stage, feel like the goal is in sight now, hopefully will be able to take a good shot at it in face to face interviews if we make it past this part!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

K209 wrote: »
    I got the email too to do video interview. I am a bit nervous about it. Do we know the questions beforehand or do we just have the time they have allotted during the video process to think of our answers? Excited but really really don't want to get this far and mess it up. Well done on getting to the next stage, feel like the goal is in sight now, hopefully will be able to take a good shot at it in face to face interviews if we make it past this part!

Hey if you read the full email it says that there are mock questions we can do however many times we like :) also after each question in the real thing it says we have 60 seconds unrecorded to think about our answer and 90 seconds recorded to say as much as we can. I'm so nervous!!! Well done also, hopefully we will make it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Good luck to everyone I must be out as I got no email today ☹️

A2020 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone I must be out as I got no email today ☹️

Don't think like that I just got my email this morning so they'll probably roll out within the next week :) keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 molone50

Received my email as well for the online interview. I know I have said that Aerlingus need to get into this century with their recruitment process in earlier posts but I don't know if I'm ready for this.LOL!!!!! BA don't even do this. I know as I have an assessment day with them in a couple of weeks. Best of luck to EVERYONE!!!!! If anyone submits their online interview over the weekend feel free to tell the rest of us what to expect.LOL!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Got my email today too ! Am so excited, I got to face to face interviews last year but didn't get through, I'm one of the golden oldies applying so fingers crossed !!! Good luck everyone x

Same here. Got to face to face last year as well and am also a golden oldie. LOL!!!!! Fingers crossed this time round.

Anyone do the video interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RosieFlower

Hi folks,

They must be on an oldie drive this year. Without going into details, it's been a while since I celebrated my 21st too!:) I have been reading up on video interviewing. One key typ I've picked up is to make sure you are happy with the the trial run questions and repeat them as often as you like to make sure that the sound on your laptop, your position in front of the screen etc. are ok. Hopefully it will just be standard interview questions they ask! Best of luck to all x

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

Another oldie here who also got an email yesterday to do a video interview ..very excited !!

Just returned home from USA on Thursday with EI & I was watching every move the CC made ☺️

• Advertisement

Wishing everybody the best of luck!! I'm only 21 so hopefully they're also taking us haha!! Video interview was a disaster I can't imagine I will get any further I froze and kept forgetting my words!! So my only advice is to keep calm an practice practice practice!!

Wishing everybody the best of luck!! I'm only 21 so hopefully they're also taking us haha!! Video interview was a disaster I can't imagine I will get any further I froze and kept forgetting my words!! So my only advice is to keep calm an practice practice practice!!

Thank's for sharing your experience with us. Don't give up just yet. There's a long way to go yet in this process.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

I'm sure you'll get through just fine. Keep the faith. Is there any tips you could give on what way the questions are based? Are they basic interview questions or customer service based questions? Thanks

ridley94 wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll get through just fine. Keep the faith. Is there any tips you could give on what way the questions are based? Are they basic interview questions or customer service based questions? Thanks

It was your standard interview questions but I only got asked 4 and then the last question asked me had I some sort of safety training done? Like asked about previous work exprerience and that :)

It was your standard interview questions but I only got asked 4 and then the last question asked me had I some sort of safety training done? Like asked about previous work exprerience and that :)

Thanks for sharing. I will be doing mine tomorrow evening. I will post how it goes after that.

ridley94 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. I will be doing mine tomorrow evening. I will post how it goes after that.

Yeah do let me know!! Do the practice questions first and watch over them!! So cringey but it's worth it for experience :) best of luck :)

Yeah do let me know!! Do the practice questions first and watch over them!! So cringey but it's worth it for experience :) best of luck :)

I can imagine. I've done the practice interviews on the app but after I've finished they disappear so was lucky enough not to see the playback ha ha. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

Hi everyone!
    I got the invitation for the video interview. I have never seen this before, I'm so nervous!
    Can anyone tell me the questions they ask? Is it just about previous experience and 'tell me about yourself' kind of question or really related to customer service like 'tell me about a time you gave exceptional customer sevice'? Do they ask questions about aer lingus?? I'm panicking :D
    Thank you and good luck to you all!

Hi SibhEire5678,
    I am sure you did just fine - we are often our own critics!;) I reckon this video interview has probably as much to do with how you present yourself and how interested your are in the position you are as much as anything else. There will probably be a more detailed interview afterwards. If you don't have experience in safety, so what! I know I would have trouble answering that too, but sure isn't that what the training is about! If we knew everything we might have too do, then we would be working for them already! ;) Chin up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and thanks for sharing your experience. Best of luck to everyone else too. x

Hi SibhEire5678,
    I am sure you did just fine - we are often our own critics!;) I reckon this video interview has probably as much to do with how you present yourself and how interested your are in the position you are as much as anything else. There will probably be a more detailed afterwards. If you don't have experience in safety, so what! I know I would have trouble answering that too, but sure isn't that what the training is about! If we knew everything we might have too do, then we would be working for them already! ;) Chin up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and thanks for sharing your experience. Best of luck to everyone else too. x

Thank you for your kind words <3 I wish I prepared more though looking back I definitely could've done better :( best of luck to you!! Xx

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm just wondering can you look back over your video interview or is it automatically uploaded?? :D

My understanding is you can look over the practice tests, but the real ones just get submitted, but I haven't done either yet :(

My understanding is you can look over the practice tests, but the real ones just get submitted, but I haven't done either yet :(

Great thanks for your response and best of luck in your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hi everyone.
    I also got through to the video interview and like many of ye made it to the face to face interview last year but unfortunately wasn't successful so I'm trying not to get too excited this time round which is hard!
    Do you have to do the actual video interview after the practice ones or could I do the practice ones this evening and do my interview tomorrow? I'm afraid to click into the practice ones incase it brings me to the actual interview.
    Best of luck to everyone its a long process but hopefully we'll get there :)

I'm also terrified to open the link for the interview.LOL!!!! I know what you mean about not getting too excited.... this is my third attempt after two previous attempts at face to face interview's.Eeeeekkkk!!!! It is a position I would absolutely love and I'm scared of messing it up. Best of luck to you and everyone else though. Let's all post after we have submitted the interview and support each other with positive vibes.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

I think I remember you from this from the last time, or maybe it was someone else with a similar name? I'm planning on doing mine tomorrow evening as I'm working all day tomorrow so will post after to let you know how it goes, goodluck if you are doing yours in the meantime :) Hopefully it will be third time lucky for you :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kittia

Hey, good to know that there are others applying for the second or third time. All the best luck for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Kittia wrote: »
    Hey, good to know that there are others applying for the second or third time. All the best luck for us!

Hi all this is my second time applying I'm one of the golden oldies as I said beforeðŸ˜ðŸ˜ got to face to face interviews last year but am terrified of this video interview! Was wondering I'm 38 and was hoping if anyone knows if they actually do hire cabin crew at this age ? Would love to get it , it's my dream job! Good luck everyone ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Hey guys! Got the email to the online video interview on Friday! Was graduating at the wkend and only seeing what everyone is saying now! Sounds mad! Does anyone know for sure if we can do the practice questions, log out, and then do the real video interview at another time? Good luck everyone, we can do this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Caniask2

AWhh I never got an email to invite me onto the video email. Does this mean that I didn't get through at all? Or could they invite people at other times to take it?

Advertisement