Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Caniask2

Hey, a lot of people that got the video interview are saying that they were previous applicants. Do you know if this is something they are only doing for previous applicants. I'm just really surprised that I didn't get through to the next round. :(

Congrats on getting to the next round. Do you know if they are giving more video interviews? Have you applied before?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

I applied last time round but only got as far as the online tests found them quite difficult , found them much easier this time although I didn't get the timed one finished .

From what I have seen on my travels they seem to have a mixed age of cc some are certainly well over 21☺️ Which would work in my favour !

I have also wanted this all my life so to even get this far is a biggie for me ...

I plan on doing my interview tomorrow morning when all is quiet in my house

Good luck to all & keep us posted

Hi. A lot of people that got the video interview seem to be people who have applied before and gotten through to certain stages. I'm just raging to think I didn't get through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Caniask2 wrote: »
    Hey, a lot of people that got the video interview are saying that they were previous applicants. Do you know if this is something they are only doing for previous applicants. I'm just really surprised that I didn't get through to the next round. :(

Hi I never got an email on Friday and I applied last year.

• Advertisement

Oh no I mean just the people in this thread that got the email seem to also have applied previously. Do you think this is the end of the road for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Oh no I mean just the people in this thread that got the email seem to also have applied previously. Do you think this is the end of the road for us?

I'd say so but fingers crossed we get one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

A2020 wrote: »
    I'd say so but fingers crossed we get one this week.
    Hey guys, I really hope u get an interview this week.From reading earlier posts in this thread they have gotten back to various people for the same stage of the application, at different times. Also, this is my 1st time going for it as well, so u never know! :)

Jambori wrote: »
    Hey guys, I really hope u get an interview this week.From reading earlier posts in this thread they have gotten back to various people for the same stage of the application, at different times. Also, this is my 1st time going for it as well, so u never know! :)

Do you think? Hopefully now. Some people who got a video interview didn't even complete the online assessment so I don't know what to expect. Will they be inviting more? Did you get the email?

Do you think? Hopefully now. Some people who got a video interview didn't even complete the online assessment so I don't know what to expect. Will they be inviting more? Did you get the email?
    I definitely wouldn't lose hope, there's been loads of stories on here of people getting contacted at later stages! I didn't get the timed test done, so didn't think I'd get to the next stage! Yeah, I got the video interview email on Friday afternoon. Haven't done it yet, but think it might be tricky! Did u find the timed assessment tough? ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Does anyone know how long it will be before we hear feedback from the video interview?

I thought it was ok. I actually thought I done really well so feeling a bit disheartened. I'm sure you done great at the video interview. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey has anyone done the interview today? I'm on my break in work preparing for doing it this evening. I'm a mixture nervous and excited, looking forward to having it done.
    Hope those who are waiting hear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GTM891

The email says to complete your Video Interview by Tuesday 8th November at Midnight, would that be midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night? A bit confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 molone50

It means tomorrow night at 12.00 midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

GTM891 wrote: »
    The email says to complete your Video Interview by Tuesday 8th November at Midnight, would that be midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night? A bit confused!

To my mind that sounds extremely ambiguous wording, is that the exact wording?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RosieFlower

Hi GTM891,

Relax :) I am 100% sure they mean midnight tomorrow. Had they meant it to be midnight tonight, they would have said midnight on the 7th. If you think of it like this also, the mail was only sent out on Friday and I dare say there will be some people who will not have even seen the mail over the weekend and will only have opened it until today. I guess by saying midnight tomorrow is their way of giving everyone a decent chance to prepare. Best of luck with with it x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ronan97

Doing my interview now. Any tips on the questions they ask. Just want to be as prepaired as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suzy66

Ronan97 wrote: »
    Doing my interview now. Any tips on the questions they ask. Just want to be as prepaired as possible

Hey Ronan, gonna do mine later. Just wondering how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ronan97

Havent been brave enough to do it yet. I want to get an idea of what angle the questions are goin to be first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 suzy66

Havent been brave enough to do it yet. I want to get an idea of what angle the questions are goin to be first.

No problem. I don't imagine it's about your views on good customer service and why you want to join AL. Bit nervous myself :-)

Me either.LOL!!!! A few people have done it but no one is sharing what the actual questions are....LOL!!!! All's fair in love and war I suppose.LOL!!!

Even if we could find out what "types" of questions are asked? As in, more general interview ones or leaning more towards the f2f interview questions mentioned previously in this thread, like customer service, EI knowledge etc

I wonder will we all get asked the same 5 questions? And are the questions similar to the sample ones? :)

Jambori wrote: »
    Even if we could find out what "types" of questions are asked? As in, more general interview ones or leaning more towards the f2f interview questions mentioned previously in this thread, like customer service, EI knowledge etc

I wonder will we all get asked the same 5 questions? And are the questions similar to the sample ones? :)

I know what you mean but no one is talking.LOL!!!! We'll just have to take the plunge and hope for the best.

molone50 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but no one is talking.LOL!!!! We'll just have to take the plunge and hope for the best.

Yeah I guess that's only fair!! Tbh, I'd imagine its probably more about presentation and personality than giving perfect answers given its a 10min recording of you, well I hope it is anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Not feeling too confident after doing it last night. I'm relieved to have I done all the same. Has anyone else done theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Not feeling too confident after doing it last night. I'm relieved to have I done all the same. Has anyone else done theirs?

Hi any tips you could give us I'm sure you did great

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Hi all just did the video interview!! I would advise all to do the practice one many many times it will calm your nerves ! It's basic cabin crew questions, why u would like to be cabin crew , and your 3 best qualities and would suit cabin crew, good luck everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K209

I just did mine and I won't be expecting to hear from Aer Lingus after this point. I could not have messed it up anymore, I had a little cry afterwards. I was so nervous because it means so much to me, didn't get answers finished, I froze. I did a lot of prep but it just went horribly wrong. I've just had an interview for a job last week and started yesterday and that went fine and I was speaking like a normal person who can talk but it is quite hard to talk in front of a camera to yourself and my brain and my mouth just didn't work together. I wish everyone the very best of luck with the rest of the process :) to anyone who hasn't done it yet, try to be relaxed and don't work yourself up to the point of not being able to perform as you normally would xx

• Advertisement

Guys, for those of you that have yet to do the interview, I just got an email to say the deadline for submitting the video interview has been extended to Sunday 13th November @ midnight :)

Advertisement