Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

Just checked my email and I have one as well extending the deadline ... Thanks be to God .... been practising on and off all day and made several attempts to go to it and between cats crying to get indoors and door bell ringing it was starting to get me stressed out ...!
    I don't like looking at myself would be far better if I could t see myself at all ☺️

K209 wrote: »
    I just did mine and I won't be expecting to hear from Aer Lingus after this point. I could not have messed it up anymore, I had a little cry afterwards. I was so nervous because it means so much to me, didn't get answers finished, I froze. I did a lot of prep but it just went horribly wrong. I've just had an interview for a job last week and started yesterday and that went fine and I was speaking like a normal person who can talk but it is quite hard to talk in front of a camera to yourself and my brain and my mouth just didn't work together. I wish everyone the very best of luck with the rest of the process :) to anyone who hasn't done it yet, try to be relaxed and don't work yourself up to the point of not being able to perform as you normally would xx

Been trying out the practise questions today & it's not easy especially when you can see and hear yourself , very daunting ! Don't give up yet and even if you don't make it this time , go for it again x

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Guys, has anyone else noticed a delay when they are watching their practice video back? Or is it just my slow computer?! Good luck everyone, and for everyone that isn't over the moon with their interview, you'll do just fine, there's no way they could expect perfection at this stage! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kittia

In my opinion for those who haven't done the interview yet should do it as soon as possible for their own good. If AL is serious about this recruitment they should check when exactly we uploaded our video interviews. I think there is something behind this delay. 🀔
    P.S. Just did my interview an hour ago. I feel so relieved that I did it. I was trying practice questions several times today and day before but... when the real interview comes your "great practice" just go out the window. This happened with me, but still I did my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Kittia wrote: »
    In my opinion for those who haven't done the interview yet should do it as soon as possible for their own good. If AL is serious about this recruitment they should check when exactly we uploaded our video interviews. I think there is something behind this delay. 🀔
    P.S. Just did my interview an hour ago. I feel so relieved that I did it. I was trying practice questions several times today and day before but... when the real interview comes your "great practice" just go out the window. This happened with me, but still I did my best.

I wonder how many people were invited for the video interview. Last year it was straight from online assessments to face interviews and there were so many of us!! I am praying I get this I want nothing else :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kittia

Ohh, yes, last year it was different. After online assessments I went for face to face interview, but I was waiting almost one month for their answer. I almost lost my mind of waiting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Susan17

Hi guys

Just wondering does anyone know when we will hear back from doing those video interviews ? If we pass this will they offer an interview than ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 molone50

Well I just did the video interview and I can safely say it was a disaster. I turned into a jibbering mess who didn't make any sense at all. So I just want to wish everyone the best of luck and I will see ye in the air....as a passenger. Sigh!!!!

Did it earlier myself as well, and I was a wobbling mess!! Everything goes straight out the window the min the first question is asked! Sounds like quite a few of us found it tough, so fingers crossed! Good luck everyone, hopefully we'll hear back soon, either way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

molone50 wrote: »
    Well I just did the video interview and I can safely say it was a disaster. I turned into a jibbering mess who didn't make any sense at all. So I just want to wish everyone the best of luck and I will see ye in the air....as a passenger. Sigh!!!!

I'm sure you did just fine. I had taken mine also and like you it was a mess but I think that interview was more about how you were presented than actually been able to perfect the answers so I wouldn't be too worried :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

It sounds like the majority of us felt the same after the interview. Fingers crossed we weren't actually as bad as we thought we were!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 92053

Hi everyone,
    I did the online interview too and all I was the exact same. So don't worry, honestly would say it was just to see your level of interest and your appearance and grooming.

I wonder when they will contact us if we are successful for the second round of interview.

I did it a couple of days ago . I felt the questions were ok , straightforward and easy enough but I did not like how I looked on the screen.

Some of us will make it and some of us won't but I think we have all done well to come this far , I for one (while it's been my lifelong dream) never thought I'd be doing an interview for Cabin Crew with Aer Lingus !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

Hi guys... so glad to see so many got the video interview, you should be so proud to have made it even to this stage as I know some people who did not even receive online assessments!

The recruitment process is so different this year and no one knows what will be the next stage or how many stages there will even be... However if it's anything like previous years it will certainly be a slow process as they receive such a large volume of applications! I know some crew for EI that had to wait over two months between doing the online assessments and hearing anything else from them in previous years... don't panic if people are hearing back and you are not! :)

Sooo by the sounds of it we all messed it up! :P hopefully it will work on our favour! Deadline has passed so now it's officially a waiting game .... best of luck to everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RosieFlower

Hi folks,

I hope you all are keeping well. I did my interview last week too. It started off well and then I think the quality of my answers got worse and worse with each subsequent question! It was an unnatural situation, so hopefully they will take that into account. I can understand why they did it though, if they had to hold so many interviews in the past. Hopefully we will not be left waiting too long for the outcome. I know someone who said she made an absolute mess of the psychometric tests, but she never received a note to say she wasn't getting any further. Hopefully we will hear one way or another soon. Anyway, here's wishing everyone the best of luck. What's meant for us won't go past us and all that! :) x

Hey everyone :) Someone (not sure who it was) mentioned in this thread that the face2face interviews are starting on 5th December! That's less than 3 wks away.So, if that is the case, I can't imagine it would be more than 2 weeks or so before we hear something back! That's presuming the info was legit! ;) !

That sounds about right about the face to face interviews. I phoned up this morning to ask if they could give any indication about when we could expect to hear back.....I have discovered that I am very impatient! :) I was told by HR that it would take two or three weeks to assess the online interviews (so it sounds like there was a lot of them) and they they would let us know one way or another. She said that the interviews would be conducted before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Just seen they are adding Miami to next years route expansions 🙈🙈 :D

That sounds about right about the face to face interviews. I phoned up this morning to ask if they could give any indication about when we could expect to hear back.....I have discovered that I am very impatient! :) I was told by HR that it would take two or three weeks to assess the online interviews (so it sounds like there was a lot of them) and they they would let us know one way or another. She said that the interviews would be conducted before Christmas.

Ah that's great to get a bit of clarification from the horse's mouth! And it'd be great to have the interviews out of the way before Xmas! Making it to that stage would be unbelievable as I'd say they are interviewing less people having done the video interview....not likely for me after my one, but here's for hoping! :)

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I like being called a horse! ;p Getting it would be a nice Christmas present alright. I'm sure you did fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Bahahaha I meant AL is the horse RosieFlower :p:p Apologies for the confusion!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you too! :D

Haha I knew what you meant @ Jambori - I was only joking x

Thanks so much for letting us know. Fingers crossed we hear soon.

I know it's only been 3 days but is anyone else out there checking their email every 5 minutes?? LOL!!!! I don't know why I am even bothering because of the mess I made of my online interview but I'm still hoping maybe I slipped through unnoticed.....LOL!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EIROB

Last year I managed to make it to the final stage and was told by HR to check my emails for an invitation back but never received one. I applied again this year, passed the assessments fairly easy and felt very confident about my video interview which I found quite straight forward. I managed to graduate with a Level 7 Diploma this year in Sales & Customer service and fluency in Spanish. So I hope this time I wont be let down. You never know what they are looking for on the day and with Aer Lingus. Best of luck to all

molone50 wrote: »
    I know it's only been 3 days but is anyone else out there checking their email every 5 minutes?? LOL!!!! I don't know why I am even bothering because of the mess I made of my online interview but I'm still hoping maybe I slipped through unnoticed.....LOL!!!!!!

I hear you, literally the first thing I do in the morning is check my email and then any chance I get throughout the day. I swore I would try not get as obsessed this time round but I'm finding it so hard not to. I feel the same, I'll be surprised if I hear after the way my interview went but I'm not ready to give up hope. Fingers, toes and everything crossed we hear back!

Thought it was just me hahahaha!! If they say 2/3 weeks knowing from past experience we won't be hearing from them anytime soon!!

Yup!!!! Going on past experience you're dead right SibhEire.I would be extremely suprised if they will be interviewing before Christmas. Then again everything seems to be different so far to other recruitment drives so you never know!!

• Advertisement

these next few weeks will be torture 😂

Advertisement