Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 428313_k

I had an interview today, I think it went pretty well 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Santo81 wrote: »
    The position is in London heatrow, Ido have determination second time that i try with aer lingus ...
    No I'm not a nutter lol, I think it could I'm over qualified ?? Lol
    Keep trying if its what you really want.

As a case of being over qualified, that seems like you are running the job down and bowing to the stereotypical attitude that cabin crew are ditzy and wouldnt be the sharpest tools in the box.

infact, if you were to delve into it, you will find that a lot of crew are nurses and teachers and i have even heard of a solicitor at one stage, so i doubt its a case of been over qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

cruais wrote: »

As a case of being over qualified, that seems like you are running the job down and bowing to the stereotypical attitude that cabin crew are ditzy and wouldnt be the sharpest tools in the box.

infact, if you were to delve into it, you will find that a lot of crew are nurses and teachers and i have even heard of a solicitor at one stage, so i doubt its a case of been over qualified

I think Santo was joking when she/he said that... There was an 'lol' at the end if their comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciara93xxx

Hi guys does anybody know when you hear about getting the position if your successful after doing the interview?? Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Had mine this morning, was told three weeks approx and they would tell you either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ree86

Had my interview this morning, I think it went well, keeping my fingers crossed.

Yea, they said approximately 3-4 weeks, medicals in December before Xmas and training from 2nd week in January.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Thisisme0803

I've got my interview on Monday, safe to say I'm extremely nervous! I had an interview last year for shannon but wasn't successful!

Is there anyone here that if they may be successful be moving to dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

cruais wrote: »

If that the case then im definatly over qualified. Iv a masters and im planning on doing a phd but i need cash before i can go do that....hence im on here...

I've got my interview on Monday, safe to say I'm extremely nervous! I had an interview last year for shannon but wasn't successful!

Is there anyone here that if they may be successful be moving to dublin?

I was there aswell on monday lad. What time was yours at?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

If that the case then im definatly over qualified. Iv a masters and im planning on doing a phd but i need cash before i can go do that....hence im on here...

I am crew lots and lots of people work and study and manage to get their degrees and what not while flying ! You are not over qualified just be honest if you get to interview and tell them it's something you have always felt passionate about along with all the safety and customer talk! There is nothing wrong with telling them you plan further study!

• Advertisement

I was there aswell on monday lad. What time was yours at?

No I mean tomorrow monday not last Monday!

How long are the interview going on for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 6264

Had my interview last Monday , the wait is killing me :(( was anyone contacted re references ?

How long are the interview going on for?

Probably a couple of weeks they only started last week anyway! How long did your interview last? Trying to plan which bus to get back to Limerick!!

Took about 45/50 by the time I gave forms in and had interview , good luck :))

Probably a couple of weeks they only started last week anyway! How long did your interview last? Trying to plan which bus to get back to Limerick!!

Mine was about a half an hour. Just get the dublin coach from the airport. Thats the handeist. :)

Has anybody heard anything back yet since the interview?

428313_k wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything back yet since the interview?

Got a call to check my reference details , nothing since then

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ef_10

6264 wrote: »

I had my interview last Monday too and they haven't contacted me for references so guess I'm out..😔

Ef_10 wrote: »
    I had my interview last Monday too and they haven't contacted me for references so guess I'm out..😔

I only got a call as they needed more info , maybe urs have been checked , only for that call I wouldn't have known ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Ef_10

I only got a call as they needed more info , maybe urs have been checked , only for that call I wouldn't have known ?

Oh that gives me a little bit more hope then

Ef_10 wrote: »
    Oh that gives me a little bit more hope then

fingers crossed for us all :))

Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the radison or will I be better getting a taxi? Or even is it walking distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Santo81

Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the radison or will I be better getting a taxi? Or even is it walking distance?

Hi,I know if u are staying in the radison there is shuttle bus services, but is not far at all is walki g distance.. You can look in google maps ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

training starts early next year

Just so people know. Ryanair are definatly taking on cabin crew at the moment. There is a ad up on the jobs.ie website

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Radisson is approx 5-7 mins walk from Terminal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Just so people know. Ryanair are definatly taking on cabin crew at the moment. There is a ad up on the jobs.ie website

Ryanair have a very high turnover of staff... not a good sign do you think?

They just called me there asking to contact my reference details!

• Advertisement

428313_k wrote: »
    They just called me there asking to contact my reference details!

Woo hoo well done , was it Kevin got a missed call from him can't get him now 😢

Advertisement