Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

I heard today that they are holding interview/ assessment days for two weeks from Monday 5th and are still making calls so don't panic if you haven't heard anything yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Flygirl92 wrote: »
    I heard today that they are holding interview/ assessment days for two weeks from Monday 5th and are still making calls so don't panic if you haven't heard anything yet :)

Yeah I only got the call yesterday and it's still for the first week of interviews so they've all the second week to fill yet! :D there's 300 places as far as I know so here's hoping guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hollyhogan10

Just wondering does anybody know.. Can you change your interview date?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

I got my call yesterday for the 15th of December. So excited! Didn't receive my email either though. Anyone on the 15th and ladies who are going formal two quick questions on dress wear, should you wear a blazer over a blouse or would a smart winter coat be acceptable as it's freezing and on shoes should we wear cabin crew height heels or flats? Hair up or down? Lol I know this is not the main thing to be thinking of but appearance is key

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Ccx wrote: »
    I got my call yesterday for the 15th of December. So excited! Didn't receive my email either though. Anyone on the 15th and ladies who are going formal two quick questions on dress wear, should you wear a blazer over a blouse or would a smart winter coat be acceptable as it's freezing and on shoes should we wear cabin crew height heels or flats? Hair up or down? Lol I know this is not the main thing to be thinking of but appearance is key

Hey well done :)

I am wearing blazer over it and a winter coat, but I'll take that off when I get inside. I'm wearing a heel but not too high and my hair up. Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

Hey well done :)

I am wearing blazer over it and a winter coat, but I'll take that off when I get inside. I'm wearing a heel but not too high and my hair up. Hope that helps :)

Thank you!! I think I'll go for the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AspiringCC

Hi everyone,
    My assessment day is 5th December, got the call almost 2 weeks ago now so I've been super nervous/excited since trying to figure everything out.

I have a question that maybe previous interviewees could answer for me, or anybody who has knowledge of EI's recruitment process. When are job offers made? I have been doing a lot of research but most information that I'm finding online has been from American CC who find out if they are receiving a job offer on the day of their assessment after their interview. Is this the same for EI?

Best of luck to everyone, I really hope to be working with you all in the New Year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

No you won't be told on the day of the assessment and interview. If successful at this stage you will be invited to a medical. If successful at that stage then you will be offered a place on a pre-selection training course. The cabin crew training course lasts 6 week and at all times throughout that course you must pass each of the exams and other processes laid down by the company. Previous years people have been left go during this process for not reaching the required standards including breaches of the companies social media policy so its quite strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AspiringCC

Thanks very much kkapp

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

kkapp wrote: »
    No you won't be told on the day of the assessment and interview. If successful at this stage you will be invited to a medical. If successful at that stage then you will be offered a place on a pre-selection training course. The cabin crew training course lasts 6 week and at all times throughout that course you must pass each of the exams and other processes laid down by the company. Previous years people have been left go during this process for not reaching the required standards including breaches of the companies social media policy so its quite strict.

What Is the social media policy if you don't mind me asking ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RosieFlower

Hi all. For those who haven't heard yet, don't give up hope! I think they are calling people based on when they submitted their online interview. I only submitted mine on the 12th and got a call yesterday for an interview on the 8th. Fingers crossed! X

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

Ccx wrote: »

I would 100% dress to impress and dress so they can imagine you in the role of CC .... For ladies - hair in a bun / French roll, heels, knee length skirt if you have one and a blazer. I would wear a watch and have nails done! And bring a spare pair of tights incase yours rip! You're right in saying it's not the main thing but it would certainly help to show you made an effort and can be well groomed as EI crew must be!!

Hey Guys

The 4 attachments I got sent are
    -Reference Details Form
    -Training Academy Map
    -daa Vetting Invitation
    -Cabin Crew Checklist

Am I missing the Garda vetting form? I was looking through my folder from last time and I seem to have a Garda Vetting from that I do not have this time? I don't know if I am missing an attachment or if maybe its different this time.

Can someone let me know if they received the same attachments as me or if I am missing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

I had a missed call today and when I try calling ir back it just keeps beeping , of course I'm thinking it could be them but then again it could be something else ( wishful thinking )
    Would anyone mind pm me the number which you were called on please?

Once you complete the DAA one they send you a link to a website to complete the Garda vetting online. no more paper forms..

Thanks kkapp

Do I just fill in the daa one and bring it with me on the day or do I have to send it somewhere in order to complete the Garda vetting before my interview?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for your help.

Nope just bring it with you on the day... Best of luck with the interview.... :)

Great, thanks a million :).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 molone50

Anyone else still waiting for a call? Getting a bit late in the week now. They surely must have all the interview slots filled by now. My friend is still waiting and it's hard for me to be excited for myself. What do you think? Should he give up hoping?

molone50 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting for a call? Getting a bit late in the week now. They surely must have all the interview slots filled by now. My friend is still waiting and it's hard for me to be excited for myself. What do you think? Should he give up hoping?

I had a call from them today but i missed it , i tried calling the number back but it couldn't get through, eventually this evening i got through but the lady said she was away from her desk and to leave a message which i did .....heres hoping they call me again !
    But obvioulsy they are still making calls

• Advertisement

I had a call from them today but i missed it , i tried calling the number back but it couldn't get through, eventually this evening i got through but the lady said she was away from her desk and to leave a message which i did .....heres hoping they call me again !
    But obvioulsy they are still making calls

Hey. When they called me I missed their call too because I was working. I rang back on my break and it said she was away from her desk. I was anxious to get talking to somebody because I had to go back to work so I called the HR number and I was talking to a man who told me about my interview and said he would send me the email which he did. Maybe you could call the HR number if you don't hear back. I'm sure you they will call you once they hear your message but just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GTM891

Got a call today, after hearing of so many people receiving their calls already I wasn't expecting one! It was when I put it out of my mind, I got the call...typical! To those still waiting, I wouldn't lose hope. It seems like they are up the walls with the amount of applications received!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

Don't give up hope yet!! I definitely put it out of my head after I called yesterday to say I was having issues with my phone and that I wanted to check.. just in case. Came off a bit keen and maybe a bit scatty to the guy on the phone.. not my best move but then I got the call today!! I couldn't answer cause of work so called back and left a message. The lady called again and I missed it. When I called after the 2nd missed call it was beeping. I waited like 30secs, called again and got her. She offered me spot on 12th but I couldn't due to work and got the 9th instead.

So there is definitely 2 dates with spaces, and when I called yesterday the guy said they were still processing and that they would be making calls for another 2 weeks so don't give up just yet!!

I am now just having to plan everything!! but excited all the same. Good luck to those still waiting :)

I'm in on the 8th 😳😄😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Nerves are kicking in!!! Can't wait to have it over with Monday. Anybody else on the 5th? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

I'm in on the 5th too ahhhh nerves getting to me to!! I'm in at 2.30 how about u? I'll be the granny there :)

I'm in on the 5th too ahhhh nerves getting to me to!! I'm in at 2.30 how about u? I'll be the granny there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Coll2413 wrote: »

I'm in first thing that morning...It will be great to have it done and dusted... haha no you won't age is just a number ;) I hope you do brilliant!! :D

Best of luck to you too ha ha I hope age is just a number !! This is my second time ahhhh:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Guys, for the colour photocopy of the passport, is it just the part of your passport that has your picture and details that they want copies of? As opposed to the whole thing? Sorry, I never had to do it before, so just wanted to be 100% sure! :D

Advertisement