Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

None of my references have been contacted yet fingers crossed they will be during the week :) they told me it was a fixed term contract whereby all of us taken onboard, our contracts are finished up in October regardless of when our training ceases. After that it depends on performance and need whether we get kept on longer or not. Praying to god I my references are contacted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

It's so hard to know!! I suppose we just have to wait and see!! Starting to practice my swimming though just in case 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    They told you that in the interview? I know someone in Aer Lingus that told me they were interviewing 200 and taking 140... which I didn't believe much because so many ppl applied

Yes they said it works out 1 in 3 will get it. 6000 applied so we were lucky to get interviews!!

What did they ask your references do ye know?

What did they ask your references do ye know?

I don't know, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone knows what the wages/salary of the first year contract cabin crew is? I read somewhere it might be as low as 1500 euro a month?!?

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone knows what the wages/salary of the first year contract cabin crew is? I read somewhere it might be as low as 1500 euro a month?!?

The ad said €24,000 per annum but I think that's the basic pay and then u get sector pay and commission on top of that

Great! Thanks!

Also I spoke with a EI CC friend today about the tattoos on my foot and she said anyone with any visible tattoos definitely wont be hired! Im going to cover mine with makeup and not mention them...

What does anyone else think?

Also I spoke with a EI CC friend today about the tattoos on my foot and she said anyone with any visible tattoos definitely wont be hired! Im going to cover mine with makeup and not mention them...

What does anyone else think?

Any tattoo you mark on the sheet they take you into a room before the interview to have them checked out. Covering the them with make up might be okay for the interview but as the process goes on you will eventually get caught as swimming tests are carried out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

How long on average are the interviews lasting?

Ccx wrote: »
    How long on average are the interviews lasting?

Mine was approx 20 mins. Quite informal. Think it was 4 questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

2jb116 wrote: »
    Correct you'll generate credits, commission and allowances on top of that which increases it a lot

Afaik AL have frozen increments for a number of years now, they occasionally make a bonus payment which might be the equivalent of an increment but it's not an increment, basic pay remains static and of course they drastically reduced pensions for staff retiring up in the future. (They reduce the pension paid by them by the amount of the old age pension, and they do this from age 65 even though most employees starting off now won't get a state pension until they are (at least)68. Terrific job though for anyone who wants it. Hope everybody on here gets through the process and gets called for training.

Anyone here that we're interviewed Friday 9th have your references been contacted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

Lying about tattoos is a bad idea as you will get caught out in uniform fittings or with the swimming drills - they have no problem letting people go from training as your contract is conditional on completing the training course.

The pay is very good for the industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

Anyone's references contacted that had their interview on Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

Hi, anyone knows whta kind of swimming test you have to pass during the course? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

Anyone here that we're interviewed Friday 9th have your references been contacted yet?

Hey, I've not heard yet. I asked both my references to let me know.. so no word yet. How did you find your interview on Friday?

Sgal7 wrote: »
    Hey, I've not heard yet. I asked both my references to let me know.. so no word yet. How did you find your interview on Friday?

I think I have some pretty ****ty examples how about you ? Haha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi, anyone knows whta kind of swimming test you have to pass during the course? Thanks in advance.

Jump into water, swim a length, don a life jacket and jump into pool again, tread water for something like 2-3 mins, don lifejacket while in the pool treading water and manually inflated using the tube, practice life saving by dragging a body in the water for a length.
    Something along those lines anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

I think I have some pretty ****ty examples how about you ? Haha

Haha I felt the same. Like the video interview, I blanked it all out my memory when it was done. The sales part got me good :(

Sgal7 wrote: »
    Haha I felt the same. Like the video interview, I blanked it all out my memory when it was done. The sales part got me good :(

Same :( what time were you on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Locker10a wrote: »
    Jump into water, swim a length, don a life jacket and jump into pool again, tread water for something like 2-3 mins, don lifejacket while in the pool treading water and manually inflated using the tube, practice life saving by dragging a body in the water for a length.
    Something along those lines anyway!

Yes as far as I am aware:
    you have to get into the water swim a length from deep to shallow and back,
    get out, inflate a life jacket and get in again, then drag someone up and down and then they will do the same to you, then tread water and then climb into the liferaft and help everyone else up and then jump back into the water again and gather in a group circle for heat conservation...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

For my swimming test we swam from deep to shallow & back, inflated a life jacket at the side of the pool by pulling the toggle and then jumping in, saved our partner and they saved you, got into the a330 life raft (you won't be trained on this aircraft type for a while but you do this anyway) and put up the roof. That's all I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

Thanks to all ypur responses. The only thing I was worried about is the diving, I just hate it :) and in Spain when I did my certification we had to dive like 20 meters. Nicola, I have the 330 certification, but I will need to revalidate it in case I got hired. Thank you again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

Is the swimming part with or without clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

It is with light clothes so like leggings and a tshirt

Is tomorrow the last day for the interviews then?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

I had my interview today, met some really lovely people, everything went amazing until I stepped into the interview room completely lots it and nerves got the better of me. Couldn't even drink the water I was that nervous. I tried to just answer questions as best as possible but weeks of non stop prep just went out the window! Fingers crossed I have ruined my chances because I was really nervous :(

• Advertisement

Ccx wrote: »
    I had my interview today, met some really lovely people, everything went amazing until I stepped into the interview room completely lots it and nerves got the better of me. Couldn't even drink the water I was that nervous. I tried to just answer questions as best as possible but weeks of non stop prep just went out the window! Fingers crossed I have ruined my chances because I was really nervous :(
    I was the exact same. I just couldn't think of anything I had prepared and made up some bad examples which made no sense. I think I defo ruined my chances

Advertisement