Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    Is the swimming part with or without clothes?

With

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Do current staff ever have to retake? They seem like fairly stringent tests, yet some of the staff at EI barely seem able to walk onto the plane? This just makes me feel more comfortable in the newer recruits...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Ccx wrote: »
    I had my interview today, met some really lovely people, everything went amazing until I stepped into the interview room completely lots it and nerves got the better of me. Couldn't even drink the water I was that nervous. I tried to just answer questions as best as possible but weeks of non stop prep just went out the window! Fingers crossed I have ruined my chances because I was really nervous :(

Don't give up hope! It's so hard not to be nervous when you want something so much! X

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Do current staff ever have to retake? They seem like fairly stringent tests, yet some of the staff at EI barely seem able to walk onto the plane? This just makes me feel more comfortable in the newer recruits...

Yes written and physical exams take place every year to prove your ability

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

I was the exact same. I just couldn't think of anything I had prepared and made up some bad examples which made no sense. I think I defo ruined my chances

I just choked up not like me at all I'm usually really confident :( hopefully they just see that it mentions a lot to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

Don't give up hope! It's so hard not to be nervous when you want something so much! X

Trying to stay positive now Nicola and not let it stress me over Christmas :(

Ccx wrote: »
    Trying to stay positive now Nicola and not let it stress me over Christmas :(

I know it's so hard not to obsess over it.

I'm literally checking my emails
    constantly even though I know it's too early to expect to hear anything!

Have a lovely Christmas and hopefully we will get the news we are hoping for in the New Year :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lynage

Hi I got an e mail today. Didn't get it 😩😩 good luck all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

I know it's so hard not to obsess over it.

I'm literally checking my emails
    constantly even though I know it's too early to expect to hear anything!

Have a lovely Christmas and hopefully we will get the news we are hoping for in the New Year :) x

I've still heard nothing yet either... no news is good news for now I assume... good luck xx

Lynage wrote: »
    Hi I got an e mail today. Didn't get it 😩😩 good luck all xx

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Thank you. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

I've heard nothing since interview on the 12th. References haven't been contacted either. Anyone else heard anything??

Hoping no news is good news! Would be lovely to know before Christmas but probably too late now!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lynage

I've heard nothing since interview on the 12th. References haven't been contacted either. Anyone else heard anything??

Hoping no news is good news! Would be lovely to know before Christmas but probably too late now!! X

I was also 12th. Game over unfortunately :( best of luck x

Lynage wrote: »

I was also 12th. Game over unfortunately :( best of luck x

Aw no!!! Sorry to hear that. You can always apply again next time sure! I've checked my junk mail too but don't seem to have anything yet!

Did anyone get an email or phone call to say they have actually been SUCCESSFUL yet??
    Hopefully we will all know by Christmas!

jamie124 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email or phone call to say they have actually been SUCCESSFUL yet??
    Hopefully we will all know by Christmas!

It doesn't look like any of us did yet. It would be so great to know either way before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Would be a nice christmas present ðŸ˜

AVharald wrote: »

It most certainly would! :);)

AVharald wrote: »

Maybe this week!!! I'm checking my emails about 100 times a day!!! I assume they'll probably finish on Wed or Thurs for holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

I had my interview on the 9th and still no word. None of my references have been contact either! Hopefully we'll all know before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

I already know a couple of people that got the unsuccessful email.. I was on the 12 and as far as I know, my references were not contacted either. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Anyone else get rejection emails?

Anyone else get rejection emails?

I haven't yet anyways. Did they send you one?

I haven't yet anyways. Did they send you one?

No I haven't heard anything since my interview though :/ my references haven't been contacted either though so I'm not sure. Was just wondering had they all been sent out

No I haven't heard anything since my interview though :/ my references haven't been contacted either though so I'm not sure. Was just wondering had they all been sent out[/QUOTE

Oh brilliant I thought you had when I seen that message!! I know I'm so afraid checking my emails incase I get the dreaded one to say I'm unsuccessful.

They called my references last Monday but haven't heard anything since. I think my interview was awhile before your though I was on the 8th.

Raaaachelh wrote: »
    I had my interview on the 9th and still no word. None of my references have been contact either! Hopefully we'll all know before Christmas!

Same here except I was on the 8th x

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

Was anyone else told we would find out successful or not mid January? I was told that and now that their sending out unsuccessful emails I wonder will we be told either way so before Christmas? Did anyone hear any positive news?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

I just had my references called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

I had a missed call from them this morning and now they won't answer... Hopefully they ring back

Eveeeee wrote: »
    I had a missed call from them this morning and now they won't answer... Hopefully they ring back

Missed call from who

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Missed call from who

The Aer lingus recruitment team

Advertisement