Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

AVharald wrote: »
    I just had my references called :)
    When was your interivew AVHarold?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

caritafi wrote: »
    AVharald wrote: »
    I just had my references called :)
    When was your interivew AVHarold?

8th

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Eveeeee wrote: »
    The Aer lingus recruitment team

It might be a job offer :O :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

I had a missed call from them this morning and now they won't answer... Hopefully they ring back

Let us know if you get talking to them! Had they called your references?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

My references were contacted today!! Getting so excited now, hope everyone else's references get contacted soon xx

• Advertisement

My interview was on the 6th and my references haven't been contacted so I must be out. :( Anyone else have their interview on the 6th? Well done to everyone who has had references called.

Dont give up caritafi. No news is good news at this point so if you havent received any rejection emails, there's still hope :)

Raaaachelh wrote: »
    My references were contacted today!! Getting so excited now, hope everyone else's references get contacted soon xx

Do you know what they asked them? I still work with one of my references and they haven't rang me for permission to ring them so mine haven't been contacted :(

Thanks AVharold, I'll keep the faith, just wish they would call my refs!!!!

Do you know what they asked them? I still work with one of my references and they haven't rang me for permission to ring them so mine haven't been contacted :(

Not sure, my referernece just texted me letting me know that they called him! Don't worry they'll probably contact them tomorrow x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

When was your interview?? I'm dying inside lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Do current staff ever have to retake? They seem like fairly stringent tests, yet some of the staff at EI barely seem able to walk onto the plane? This just makes me feel more comfortable in the newer recruits...
    Nice comments there.... 
    All cabin crew have whats called annual recurrent training. Every year you are rostered ground school where you're SEP(safey/emergancy procedures) Aviation First Aid, CRM(crew resource management) etc are all refreshed and re examined to ensure competency.  This is annual however there are additional aspects of crew training that are only refreshed  every 2 or 3 years. The swimming based stuff is trained when you qualify for a new aircraft, e.g. the A330 slides and liferafts are different to the A320. All crew have their competency examined through annual theory and practical tests, swimming aspects of recurrent could very between airlines however I believe aer lingus have their own pool facility in their training centre, how often its used I can't answer. 
    Oh and next time you fly perhaps you shouldn't look inside the flight deck, some captains are in their 60's and therefore must be incompetent haggard old men who should be in homes....

The 9th! When was yours? X

The 9th! When was yours? X

The 12th! Checked with my reference tonight and still nothing! There's always tomorrow lol x

Ah don't worry then! If you haven't received a rejection email yet then it's looking good! :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Guys I missed a call this morning but it was UK number so I wonder was it them??
    Never mind it wasn't them :(

Anyone else hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

They rang me back yesterday to ask could they contact my references

Anyone else hear anything yet?

Nope!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

• Advertisement

Congrats to everyone so far! I would imagine I am out if my references haven't been contacted and people that were interviewed after me have :( I would rather they send the rejection email now rather than later lol

They rang me back yesterday to ask could they contact my references

When was your interview

I've heard nothing and my interview was exactly 2 weeks ago to the day. Finding it hard to keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Mine was on the 8th...Don't give up there's no way they could contact everyone's references in just a day I'd imagine they'll be doing it all week :) and ye haven't received rejection emails so there's still such a high chance for ye getting it x

Mine was on the 6th... I'm not getting my hopes up, think they would have called by now. Still, they took quite a while to contact yours so maybe I still have a chance! The waiting is awful.

Congrats eve ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Nope, still nothing... No References contacted, No rejection email, nothing... I guess that's good for anyone else in that position...

When was your interview Jamie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rebeccaprend93

I had my
    Interview the 9th and they contacted only one of my references yesterday . Did they contact the two
    Of everyone else's ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

I had my
    Interview the 9th and they contacted only one of my references yesterday . Did they contact the two
    Of everyone else's ?

They contacted my two but I'm not sure about everyone else

Advertisement