Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Both for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RosieFlower

I had my
    Interview the 9th and they contacted only one of my references yesterday . Did they contact the two
    Of everyone else's ?

Hi. It could be that one of your referees missed the call. That happened me and he (my referee) phoned up the next day. The fact that they spoke to one of yours is obviously a good sign. Just a thought, and I don't mean to freak you out by this, but are you sure you put down the number of your second contact correctly? If I were you and they haven't heard by lunchtime tomorrow, I think I would give HR a quick call just to check that they have the correct number. Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

If we don't hear anything today or tomorrow I can't imagine we'll hear until after Christmas as they will be on holidays, all we can do is enjoy Christmas and hope for the best for the New Year :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

If we don't hear anything today or tomorrow I can't imagine we'll hear until after Christmas as they will be on holidays, all we can do is enjoy Christmas and hope for the best for the New Year :) x

I know it's so tough not knowing but hang in there! At this stage it could be after the new year. If they are calling your references that's a really good sign... They had so many applicants/interviews I can't imagine they would waste time ringing referees for the sake of it.

In previous years I know that they rang to tell you that you were successful and only emailed if unsuccessful. I don't know if it will be the same I would expect so though.

Next stage is a full medical and all the background checking.... Ye are nearly there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

caritafi wrote: »
    When was your interview Jamie?

Hi There,
    My interview was on the 8th... when was yours? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Flygirl92 wrote: »
    I know it's so tough not knowing but hang in there! At this stage it could be after the new year. If they are calling your references that's a really good sign... They had so many applicants/interviews I can't imagine they would waste time ringing referees for the sake of it.

In previous years I know that they rang to tell you that you were successful and only emailed if unsuccessful. I don't know if it will be the same I would expect so though.

Next stage is a full medical and all the background checking.... Ye are nearly there! :)

Hi there, I'm just wondering is the background check just criminal or employment/education?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

jamie124 wrote: »
    When was your interview Jamie?

Hi There,
    My interview was on the 8th... when was yours? :)
    Mine was on the 6th, do you think it's too late? I'm not feeling very positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

My reference told me that they asked her am I a responsible person, about my responsibilities in my job role as well as am I a good timekeeper.. just for those who were wondering what kind of questions they asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Mine was on the 6th, do you think it's too late? I'm not feeling very positive!

My references were contacted!! Hope it's a good sign!!
    Don't worry they might keep going after Christmas xx

Well done Jamie, I reckon I'm out but congrats to everyone who has had refs contacted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Well done to all of those who have been successful so far and have received calls. The next stage will be medical and background checks. For those who have not yet heard do not give up. Recruitment this year is one of the biggest and as the number per each group of new recruits is limited due to regulations they normally start by ringing the people who will commence training in group 1,2,3 or 4. Last year for example there were 15 groups. This year will be more. I look forward to flying with you in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

kkapp wrote: »
    Well done to all of those who have been successful so far and have received calls. The next stage will be medical and background checks. For those who have not yet heard do not give up. Recruitment this year is one of the biggest and as the number per each group of new recruits is limited due to regulations they normally start by ringing the people who will commence training in group 1,2,3 or 4. Last year for example there were 15 groups. This year will be more. I look forward to flying with you in the coming months.

Thanks!! That has settled me a bit! Hoping to hear today but more likely after Christmas! At least no news is good news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

ridley94 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm just wondering is the background check just criminal or employment/education?

You will be Garda Vetted which is criminal, but also Aer Lingus complete a 5 year background check on you... you would have given them the details of your education/employment history. They will contact everyone on that list to verify you worked there for that period of time etc... If you have more than a two week gap unaccounted for that can be a problem and they may have to call you several times to help them contact people on your list! Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Flygirl92 wrote: »
    You will be Garda Vetted which is criminal, but also Aer Lingus complete a 5 year background check on you... you would have given them the details of your education/employment history. They will contact everyone on that list to verify you worked there for that period of time etc... If you have more than a two week gap unaccounted for that can be a problem and they may have to call you several times to help them contact people on your list! Hope this helps!

That's great. Thanks so much for the detailed response. All is good so :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

Guys I just got a call being offered a position!!! I'm absolutely thrilled and so so excited! Good luck everyone!!

Guys I just got a call being offered a position!!! I'm absolutely thrilled and so so excited! Good luck everyone!!

Did they mention anything about the medical?

That's amazing congratulations!!

Thank you!!! Yeah my medical is in two weeks :)

Wow that's amazing well done! You must be over the moon!!

Wow that's amazing well done! You must be over the moon!!
    Thanks so much!!! I can't believe it!! Good luck!!! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks so much!!! I can't believe it!! Good luck!!! :D

I can imagine, I'm delighted for you! Thanks a million :)

Thank you!!! Yeah my medical is in two weeks :)

Thanks and congrats!

Congrats turkeybacon! Well done!

Thanks guys!! I hope you all hear soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Just got a call offering me the job I'm so happy I can relax for Xmas ...Good luck everyone :D

Well done Eve, congrats!

Eveeeee wrote: »
    Just got a call offering me the job I'm so happy I can relax for Xmas ...Good luck everyone :D

Congratulations Eve :D

delighted for you!

Congrats eve

• Advertisement

Yay well done!!!

Advertisement