Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

Hi! Congrats to you! May I ask you a curious question? What letter you surname starts with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

Has anyone else heard anything?? Looks like it will be tomorrow hopefully, the waiting is torture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Raaaachelh wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard anything?? Looks like it will be tomorrow hopefully, the waiting is torture :(

At least your references were called :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

Yeah that's true I shouldn't complain, this process just seems to be going on forever :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

Hi! Congrats to you! May I ask you a curious question? What letter you surname starts with? :)

My surname is in the second half of the alphabet so I think it's random!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

Ok, thank, it was my partner's theory :) And I was right (as usual;) :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

Raaaachelh wrote: »

Mine weren't called either Sibheire, do you think we still have a shot? I wish they would call!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

caritafi wrote: »
    Mine weren't called either Sibheire, do you think we still have a shot? I wish they would call!

Same thing happened to me last year I waited and waited and followed boards the whole time to eventually be told in march that I was unsuccessful. Heartbroken wasn't the word ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Hey thanks it starts with d :)

Thanks so much everyone I'd say ye will know before Xmas :) I'm not starting training until the 27th of April it feels so far away ha

• Advertisement

Same thing happened to me last year I waited and waited and followed boards the whole time to eventually be told in march that I was unsuccessful. Heartbroken wasn't the word ...
    Well I really hope we hear something soon, that was an awful long time to wait to be unsuccessful, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Well I really hope we hear something soon, that was an awful long time to wait to be unsuccessful, I wish you all the luck in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

Eveeeee wrote: »
    Thanks so much everyone I'd say ye will know before Xmas :) I'm not starting training until the 27th of April it feels so far away ha

That's when I'm starting!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

Guys I just got a call being offered a position!!! I'm absolutely thrilled and so so excited! Good luck everyone!!

Well done!!!! Super news!!! I got a phone call from my reference tonight to say they contacted him by phone today! Hoping that means I'll hear more soon!! My intv was the 12th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Just seen someones references were contacted today don't give up hope!!

I was in the same boat last year I followed this thread everyday and was so disappointed when I did'nt get it!

I hope they call your references, best of luck :)!

Does anyone know what exactly the medical consists of? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Inge87

That's when I'm starting!! :D
    Me too!:-) when you have the medical??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

Does anyone know what exactly the medical consists of? Thanks :)

Eveeeee it's a full medical - you fill out your medical history, usual check up (check chest, ears etc), height and weight, eyesight and hearing tests, urine sample and blood sample (drug test)... Allow plenty of time for the appointment as they may be scheduling a number of medicals close together on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I too have not heard any thing , interview on the 12 th , they said they would contact me before reference, ?

Just had a call from HR to say they had successfully contacted both my references and they wanted to put my mind at rest before Christmas!  No job offer just yet though!!  Much happier now :)

• Advertisement

Prai101 wrote: »
    I too have not heard any thing , interview on the 12 th , they said they would contact me before reference, ?
    I had interview on 12th and references were only contacted yesterday and this morning - it could happen yet...there's a lot of applicants!

Prai101 wrote: »
    I had interview on 12th and references were only contacted yesterday and this morning - it could happen yet...there's a lot of applicants!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

I got a call today that I couldn't answer and then I couldn't call back.. were your calls from a number starting with 083?? Pleaseee? I'm so hoping it's them..
    Congrats to all that got it :D

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas. Fingers crossed we get the news we're hoping for in the New Year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Caniask2

Hi All, Ok this may be of interest to some people who didn't hear back from AL. I completed the online assessment back in October (on the 24th to be exact). From what I remember, it took around 45 mins to complete, it was a mixture of personality type questions and the timed online assessment. I completed everything and took my time. I can't remember if I received an email to that affect, but I definitely completed it. From then I never received any updates from AL. Everyone was getting video interviews and assessment days etc but I had heard nothing. Over this time period I called them 4 different times and emailed them twice to ask have I just been unsuccessful or what. I was told on all occasions that I was still very much in the system and that my application was pending. I was even told that they could be going through applications for a second round. I just sent another email the other day after I saw that many people were starting to get positions etc and I got an email to say that they didn't have a completed assessment for me online and that there is no record of me even completing the assessment. I emailed them back and got a call within an hour to say they had nothing from me on the system. I was so devastated. After me calling and emailing a number of times, this is the first I heard of this and now I am told I'm too late and will have to wait until next year. I can't understand how this wasn't triggered in one of the earlier calls. Can anyone confirm that they did not receive an email after the online assessment, but they still made it through to the next round. Has anyone any insight or any advice they can offer me. I'm so devastated and to think of all the times I spoke with staff and only now they are telling me this. If anyone was unsuccessful, it may be worth your while to see if your application even went through. ;)

Hey folks!! Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas!! I'm just wondering about the medical.....do they always conduct them on a weekday?? I'm on a course with my current job for the whole of Jan and half of Feb so getting a day off could prove tricky!! Do they allow you to reschedule it?? Also what exactly happens on the day?? Thanks! x

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

Hey hope you all had a lovely Christmas, has anyone heard from them or have any idea what day they are back to office?

Ccx wrote: »
    Hey hope you all had a lovely Christmas, has anyone heard from them or have any idea what day they are back to office?

Nope I've heard nothing since 23rd. I thought they might have been in a couple of days this week. I'd say probably Wednesday next wk they'll be back in now. Don't know for sure though!

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year :).

Fingers crossed they get in touch with more of us this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Dizzydee08

I did the assessement in October & then I had a video interview in November and haven't heard anything else. Didn't get called for an actual interview. Not surprised was a bag of nerves that video interview was worse than a real interview because your so self conscious during it. Not even a letter to say I'm not successful. Very frustrating!!! Do they even send rejection letters?

Advertisement