Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Happy New Year to all!!!
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm guessing they would be back in the office today or tomorrow?
    Fingers crossed we hear something soon! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Dizzydee08 wrote: »
    I did the assessement in October & then I had a video interview in November and haven't heard anything else. Didn't get called for an actual interview. Not surprised was a bag of nerves that video interview was worse than a real interview because your so self conscious during it. Not even a letter to say I'm not successful. Very frustrating!!! Do they even send rejection letters?

Hi There,
    No unfortunately they don't tell you if you were unsuccessful for the video interview , your email would have said it for video interview invitation... no harm trying again though next year or whenever they hire next xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dizzydee08

I did do the video interview but nothing after that just thought it might be common courtesy to let people know if they were unsuccessful. May keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

jamie124 wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all!!!
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm guessing they would be back in the office today or tomorrow?

Nothing yet!!! I assume they're back today!! I'm dying to e-mail them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

jamie124 wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all!!!

They called me today..

Good luck to everyone and happy new year!

• Advertisement

Hope someone can help me on this...
    For the first year we will be doing only European routes and then after that we can start doing the other routes. My question is: do we get overnights in the European routes? Or we always come back to the base (Dublin)?
    Thank you for your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    They called me today..

Good luck to everyone and happy new year!

Did they offer you a position :)?

Did they offer you a position :)?

Yes, they did! I have the medical next week... I just need to pass it first :)

Well done, you must be delighted :)

Well done, you must be delighted :)

Thank you sweetie! I really am, hope you have good news soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Well done when are you starting? I'm the 27th of April as long as I pass the medical on Thursday I'm nervous I don't know why ha 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Well done to everyone who got the call delighted for you, was just wondering does everyone start training on the same day the 27 th? Thanks

My training is suppose to be on the 23rd March. Start date 8th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Great thanks for letting me know x

There's a few training dates, as they told me. Also they told me trainings are not all the same as people with attestation (cabin crew experience) will have a reduced training, doing only the conversion as the initial is the same for all companies in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Hope someone can help me on this...
    For the first year we will be doing only European routes and then after that we can start doing the other routes. My question is: do we get overnights in the European routes? Or we always come back to the base (Dublin)?
    Thank you for your answers.

There are no overnight stays in Europe. There are some at Heathrow. It's usually a 14 hr layover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shelk

I had my references called two weeks ago and was so happy but got an email today to say I did not get it 😢😢

Shelk wrote: »
    I had my references called two weeks ago and was so happy but got an email today to say I did not get it 😢😢

I'm so sorry to hear that!

I know I'm gutted but best of luck to everyone else xxx there's always next time for me 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Shelk wrote: »

I know I'm gutted but best of luck to everyone else xxx there's always next time for me 😉

When did they call your references?

• Advertisement

AVharald wrote: »
    When did they call your references?

They called them on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

Thank you sweetie! I really am, hope you have good news soon :)

Hello FlyEire12! Congratulations on getting an offer :) can I ask did they call you before calling your references? I have not heard anything yet :(

Hello FlyEire12! Congratulations on getting an offer :) can I ask did they call you before calling your references? I have not heard anything yet :(

I dont know if my references were contacted, I gave them two companies that I worked and work for. I didn't ask the companies and they didn't ask me for permission to contact my current employer either. Which is strange..... maybe they contacted them without asking my permission

I dont know if my references were contacted, I gave them two companies that I worked and work for. I didn't ask the companies and they didn't ask me for permission to contact my current employer either. Which is strange..... maybe they contacted them without asking my permission

Thank you :) wishing you the best of luck with Aer Lingus I hope it's what you expected and more :D xx

Thank you :) wishing you the best of luck with Aer Lingus I hope it's what you expected and more :D xx

Maybe we'll see each other there! They are still contacting people and until you hear a 'no' there's always hope :) best of luck you too xx

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Mine were contacted without my permission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It's obvious to me by listing a referee on you application, you are by defacto giving permission for your potential employer to contact the aforementioned?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It's obvious to me by listing a referee on you application, you are by defacto giving permission for your potential employer to contact the aforementioned?

Yes, but I read a lot of posts saying AL asked them for permission to contact their current employers.. or they didn't contact mines or they did but without asking me, which is not a problem.. at all.

Pat Dunne wrote: »

They said any references listed that are your current employer, if they were to be contacted, that EI would contact you first for permission to ring.

• Advertisement

AVharald wrote: »
    Mine were contacted without my permission

Are any of your references current employers? Have you heard any good news yet?

Advertisement