Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GotTheWings

Congratulations to everyone who got called already! I also got called today and I am over the moon. Just wondering is everybody on 6 month contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

Congratulations to everyone who got called already! I also got called today and I am over the moon. Just wondering is everybody on 6 month contracts?

To me they told me permanent seasonal contract, with 2 to 3 months of unpaid leave per year. Nothing about 6 months. What did they tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

FlyEire12 wrote: »

To me they told me permanent seasonal contract, with 2 to 3 months of unpaid leave per year. Nothing about 6 months. What did they tell you?

They told me fixed term contract training commencing 2nd May to 9th June and then flying 10th June to 15th October. I asked about extension after that and she said nothing is guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SibhEire5678

They told me fixed term contract training commencing 2nd May to 9th June and then flying 10th June to 15th October. I asked about extension after that and she said nothing is guaranteed.

They told me in my interview that it was fixed term contracts so basically they're all ending in October but those who show good skills and stuff like that will be kept on but nothing is guaranteed for anyone until after october

• Registered Users Posts: 18 D.nicaonghusa

Waiting and I'm sick with nerves, did my interview on the 7th of December, both of my references have been contacted, now I'm waiting to see if I get a call or an email! This wait is torturous 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

Waiting and I'm sick with nerves, did my interview on the 7th of December, both of my references have been contacted, now I'm waiting to see if I get a call or an email! This wait is torturous 😥

I'm the exact same, interview was on the 19th and both my references were contacted! Hopefully today we'll get a call!

Raaaachelh wrote: »
    I'm the exact same, interview was on the 19th and both my references were contacted! Hopefully today we'll get a call!

I really do hope so! I was really happy with how my interview went, and I'm pretty sure my references had only good to say about me! Fingers are crossed for us both! Let me know if you hear anything!<3

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Still waiting , missed a call before Christmas , won't ring though , would rather wait

If you haven't heard yet I would ring or e-mail. I emailed them yesterday and they phoned me straight back. It turned out they'd been trying to contact me but couldn't get through!!

If you haven't heard yet I would ring or e-mail. I emailed them yesterday and they phoned me straight back. It turned out they'd been trying to contact me but couldn't get through!!

No way?? I think I'll send on an email today because I'm so impatient haha! Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

Had mine on the 7th aswell at 10am this wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Im still waiting too

No way?? I think I'll send on an email today because I'm so impatient haha! Thanks x

I just rang there and the woman on the phone said that I should hear within this week. Didn't tell me whether I got it or not!

I just rang there and the woman on the phone said that I should hear within this week. Didn't tell me whether I got it or not!

I emailed them there and they told me that applications are still being processed :( just have to keep waiting !

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Yep still waiting..... hope we hear soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

So it looks like there are two different contracts... this is interesting

I'm currently at my medical....the other two here have apparently been offered contracts starting training in April and then flying until January. Neither of them have done cabin Crew before either. I was told fixed term til October. It's strange....

I'm currently at my medical....the other two here have apparently been offered contracts starting training in April and then flying until January. Neither of them have done cabin Crew before either. I was told fixed term til October. It's strange....

That's so strange! Do you know if they had their interview the same time as us? Thanks for letting us know! :)

That's so strange! Do you know if they had their interview the same time as us? Thanks for letting us know! :)

Yeah all around the same time. Another girl said that it seems to be until October and then reviewed. Just have to check with them I guess!

I emailed them today and she said applications are being processed but I will be contacted by email in due course. I am safe to presume this means I am out as successful candidates are being phone called. Best of luck to you all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 biddywiddy123

Guys there are 3 types of contracts in Aer Lingus, fixed term, permanent seasonal and permanent. And the flow of contract is in that order also FTC-PSC-permanent. When there's a big recruitment drive usually the first few training groups are put straight on to permanent seasonal as the need for permanent seasonal staff is there. These people will skip fixed term contract altogether. And any groups after this will be put on to fixed term. Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

I emailed them today and she said applications are being processed but I will be contacted by email in due course. I am safe to presume this means I am out as successful candidates are being phone called. Best of luck to you all! :D
    Aw, sorry to hear that, I reckon I'm the same as my refs were never called and I've heard absolutely nothing. It's way too late I guess for refs to be called. Good luck to you all .

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Were your references contacted?

AVharald wrote: »
    Were your references contacted?

As far as I know they weren't! Hopefully you get the call soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Susan17

Hi guys I just rang aer lingus now I'm still waiting to see if I got it or not I had my interview the 13th of December the lady told me on the phone there still reviewing lots of applications and it will take time so we need to be patient and we will defo get find out if we got it or not within the next few weeks , so stay positive everyone ☺️

Susan17 wrote: »
    Hi guys I just rang aer lingus  now I'm still waiting to see if I got it or not I had my interview the 13th of December the lady told  me on the phone there still reviewing lots of applications and it will take time so we need to be patient and we will defo get find out if we got it or not within the next few weeks , so stay positive everyone ☺️
    Hi Susan, thanks for that. Were your references contacted?

caritafi wrote: »

I dunno if they were because it's my last two jobs I worked for so I would only find out if I contacted my last two employers. We're yours contacted ?

Susan17 wrote: »

I dunno if they were because it's my last two jobs I worked for so I would only find out if I contacted my last two employers. We're yours contacted ?
    No, I so don't think it's looking good for me at all, think anyone they were interested in had their references contacted in December.:(

No, I so don't think it's looking good for me at all, think anyone they were interested in had their references contacted in December.:(

Don't worry like I said the lady said there's so many applications they still have to go tru so don't give up hope just yet no news is good news

• Advertisement

Thanks Susan, I'll try and keep the faith!

Advertisement