Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Inge87

I've just had a phone call offering me a job! My medical is tomorrow and my start date if I pass is 2nd May!!

SO EXCITED!!!!!
    Congratulation doctorno!!how was the medical??what did you have to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

Still waiting :( interview on 9th, no word if references contacted. I know I felt like this waiting on word of interview but hard to keep faith this time!! Congrats to everyone who has got it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

Guys, don't stress so much about references not being contacted. My references are just being contacted now, days after getting the offer, unlike other people that got their references contacted before an offer. So from what I see, there isn't any kind of pattern here. Looks a bit random, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

Inge87 wrote: »
    Congratulation doctorno!!how was the medical??what did you have to do??

Thank you!!! It was fine! Just standard hearing & eyesight tests and then movement etc! Nothing to worry about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 D.nicaonghusa

Thank you!!! It was fine! Just standard hearing & eyesight tests and then movement etc! Nothing to worry about!!

Congratulations!
    Did they take a urine sample and a blood sample?

• Advertisement

Congratulations!
    Did they take a urine sample and a blood sample?

Just a urine sample. No blood test!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 D.nicaonghusa

This is wait is honestly a killer! I did my interview on December 7th at 8:30am. I haven't heard anything from Aerlingus since! I've spoke to both of my references, and Aerlingus has contacted both of them! I really just want to know whether or not I've gotten it at this this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Hey guys :) I got a call just before Xmas to say I hadn't been successful, but I was offered a place in ground operations? Did this happen to anyone else? Still wishing they'd contact me and say they have a free spot! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, hang in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

Anybody hear anything today?

Jambori wrote: »
    Hey guys :) I got a call just before Xmas to say I hadn't been successful, but I was offered a place in ground operations? Did this happen to anyone else? Still wishing they'd contact me and say they have a free spot! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, hang in there :)

Sorry to hear you didn't get it.. did you accept the job in operations? Could be a stepping stone in a year or so when their recruiting again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Kreg24 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you didn't get it.. did you accept the job in operations? Could be a stepping stone in a year or so when their recruiting again[/QU

Aw thanks for the well wishes :) Was a tad gutted as my references had been contacted only a few days previous and the person on the phone said the interviewers were very impressed with me so they offered me that, which I accepted! Bitter sweet I suppose! Yeah, really hoping it'll help me in getting the cc position next time :) Have you heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Susan17

Still noting ☹️

Sorry to hear you didn't get it.. did you accept the job in operations? Could be a stepping stone in a year or so when their recruiting again[/QU

Aw thanks for the well wishes :) Was a tad gutted as my references had been contacted only a few days previous and the person on the phone said the interviewers were very impressed with me so they offered me that, which I accepted! Bitter sweet I suppose! Yeah, really hoping it'll help me in getting the cc position next time :) Have you heard back?

Best of luck with it :) I really do think that it will stand to you in getting a position in cc next time .. I haven't heard anything they contacted my references and that was it I know if I ring or email they will only tell me they are still processing applications which is fair enough just have to wait it out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Best of luck with it :) I really do think that it will stand to you in getting a position in cc next time .. I haven't heard anything they contacted my references and that was it I know if I ring or email they will only tell me they are still processing applications which is fair enough just have to wait it out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Raaaachelh

Nope nothing again today 😰 Hopefully we'll hear something on Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ccx

Hey guys I got the called yesterday and had my medical today. My start date is 4th of may but other than that I received no more information? When will we know more? The other people at the medical today were told a lot more details. Im not in a rush but I'd like to know the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pol123

Hey,
    For anyone still waiting, don't give up hope! I applied in October, Vid Interview November, then interview December, I heard they contacted my references, and finally heard Tuesday, Medical yesterday, then literally a influx of emails for Dublin Airport Pass and Peoplecheck.

However what was weird was that according to the emails, they still take amother two references through people check.

Anyone else got 2nd May Start? There was loads awaiting medical yesterday and you leave with the certificate.

Anyone else found accommodation in or around Aiport as Belfast commute is too much during study period.

Good luck to those who have not heard yet.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

Pol123 wrote: »
    Hey,
    For anyone still waiting, don't give up hope! I applied in October, Vid Interview November, then interview December, I heard they contacted my references, and finally heard Tuesday, Medical yesterday, then literally a influx of emails for Dublin Airport Pass and Peoplecheck.

However what was weird was that according to the emails, they still take amother two references through people check.

Anyone else got 2nd May Start? There was loads awaiting medical yesterday and you leave with the certificate.

Anyone else found accommodation in or around Aiport as Belfast commute is too much during study period.

X

2nd may start date or start the training?

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    Hey,

X

Start of training ;)

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    Hey,

X

Start of training ;)

2nd May start
    9th June end
    10th June flying apparently

• Advertisement

Hey,

X

I'm starting the 2nd May and I'm also from Belfast!! I'll PM you now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Well done to everyone who has been offered a position, ye must be delighted!

Still waiting and trying to keep the faith! Hopefully we will hear from them during the week!! x

Still waiting and trying to keep the faith! Hopefully we will hear from them during the week!! x

Hope so ðŸ‘

Here's hoping keeping everything crossed for us, anybody on this from cork? Just a crazy tought could they be doing it in order from where we are from ha I know that sounds ridiculous tho

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Here's hoping keeping everything crossed for us, anybody on this from cork? Just a crazy tought could they be doing it in order from where we are from ha I know that sounds ridiculous tho

I'm not anyways I'm from Galway. Haha I know we'r all trying to figure it out, I reckon its just random!

I'm not anyways I'm from Galway. Haha I know we'r all trying to figure it out, I reckon its just random!

Won't suggest meeting for a coffee then , all too far away , good luck guys , fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Well done to everyone who got it!, Must be such a relief :) , I'm still waiting and finding it hard to stay positive but anyways fingers crossed! xx

Is anybody going to medical on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teatote

Inge87 wrote: »
    Is anybody going to medical on Monday?

Wherr do they send you for the medical?

• Advertisement

teatote wrote: »
    Wherr do they send you for the medical?

Medical House in Corballis Park

Advertisement