Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

Anybody going for a medical in the morning at 8:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

I got the long awaited call today! Had my interview at the very beginning of December and my references were called mid December and after hearing nothing and seeing people on here receiving offers I started to lose hope.
    Literally cannot believe it! Offered fixed term contract beginning training 28th April, flying from 6th June until 15th October.
    Medical is on Friday!

Anyone still waiting, don't give up hope like I was beginning to! They seem to be very busy and have a lot more people to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

IrC wrote: »
    I got the long awaited call today! Had my interview at the very beginning of December and my references were called mid December and after hearing nothing and seeing people on here receiving offers I started to lose hope.
    Literally cannot believe it! Offered fixed term contract beginning training 28th April, flying from 6th June until 15th October.
    Medical is on Friday!

Anyone still waiting, don't give up hope like I was beginning to! They seem to be very busy and have a lot more people to call.

My medical is Friday too. What time is yours :)?

Do they let us know if we have passed the medical on the day?

My medical is Friday too. What time is yours :)?
    Mine is at 9am on Friday!
    I haven't received any of the emails you are talking about re:garda vetting etc, should I be worried?

Can't wait to get the medical over with and know this is actually happening!

What contract were you offered? Do you start April aswell? Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

So I heard that I got the position before Christmas and passed my medical and all last week but I still haven't gotten those emails for garda vetting etc that some of you are talking about? Is this the case for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

Do they let us know if we have passed the medical on the day?

Yes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

I've just got the 5 year background check and the consent form. Did you receive the others with them or after you completed them? Thanks.

Amazing Nicola! Well done!!! I got emailed the consent form, peoplecheck stuff and the DAA link. All completed and sent back so more waiting now lol xx

Amazing Nicola! Well done!!! I got emailed the consent form, peoplecheck stuff and the DAA link. All completed and sent back so more waiting now lol xx

I haven't got the DAA link yet, hopefully it will come soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Hey guys, just found the board again,
    I got the call yesterday also, delighted 😜
    I have the medical on thurs morning, and I received the 5 year background check and consent forms but didn't get the Garda vetting one either.
    My start date is 28th April, all going well !

• Advertisement

I haven't got the DAA link yet, hopefully it will come soon x

I'm in the same boat Nicola !

IrC wrote: »
    Mine is at 9am on Friday!
    I haven't received any of the emails you are talking about re:garda vetting etc, should I be worried?

Can't wait to get the medical over with and know this is actually happening!

What contract were you offered? Do you start April aswell? Congrats!

I'm at 11:30.

I haven't received them either just the background check and consent form.

I'm the exact same, I'm so relieved and happy to have gotten my place but I'll be more excited once the medical is done.

Yes the 28th of April and ending the 15th of October. Is yours the same?

Thanks. Same to you :)

Mikef747 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat Nicola !

I would imagine they will come soon, there seems to be a few of us who haven't got them.

I think remember you from last time on this. I'm delighted you got your place!

Yeah I remember your name from the last time also,at least we're a step closer this time

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Well done everyone! Happy for you all! Hopefully ill get an answer soon too :)

Hey guys, just phoned and asked if I should have received Garda vetting forms, the lady said that we had already filled them out and brought them on the day we did the interview!

I'm at 11:30.

I haven't received them either just the background check and consent form.

I'm the exact same, I'm so relieved and happy to have gotten my place but I'll be more excited once the medical is done.

Yes the 28th of April and ending the 15th of October. Is yours the same?

Thanks. Same to you :)
    Yes I'm the same dates as you. Can't wait to start!

AVharald wrote: »

Best of luck!!

AVharald wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you and everybody else waiting! The wait is horrible but keep your positive thoughts. They seem to be very busy to no news is good news

Hey guys, just phoned and asked if I should have received Garda vetting forms, the lady said that we had already filled them out and brought them on the day we did the interview!

That was the DAA one then was it?

• Advertisement

That was the DAA one then was it?

I presume it was the DAA one !

Anybody doing the medical on thurs morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 D.nicaonghusa

I'm so jealous of everyone who has heard, good or bad! I just really want to know at this stage whether I got it or not, that way I can be at ease and start making my plan B. I hate feeling so nervy and sick that last week and a half! ☹️

I'm so jealous of everyone who has heard, good or bad! I just really want to know at this stage whether I got it or not, that way I can be at ease and start making my plan B. I hate feeling so nervy and sick that last week and a half! ☹️

Keep the faith, no news is good news but I know how your feeling, I was the same until yesterday, hopefully you'll hear soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Keep the faith, no news is good news but I know how your feeling, I was the same until yesterday, hopefully you'll hear soon !

I emailed band they are still processing

Prai101 wrote: »
    I emailed band they are still processing

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pol123

Just answering one of the previous questions, that when you do the medical, if you pass it , they photocopy it and give you the original in a little wallet which is valid for 5 years. 
    hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pol123

FYI according to Aer Lingus when I spoke with them today, I asked about how quick the people check thing needed to be done, as it's not so easy to fill out if you have worked abroad, and they said everyone's should be completed by the end of February!! So not quite the rush I thought of, and the guy was really nice, and re-assuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teatote

Just got offered the job so happy! Medical is thursday. don't lose hope whoever hasn't got a phone call yet because I was expecting an unsuccessful email! best of luck xx

• Advertisement

teatote wrote: »
    Just got offered the job so happy! Medical is thursday. don't lose hope whoever hasn't got a phone call yet because I was expecting an unsuccessful email! best of luck xx
    Congrats! Must be so relieved

Advertisement