Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Pol123 wrote: »
    Just answering one of the previous questions, that when you do the medical, if you pass it , they photocopy it and give you the original in a little wallet which is valid for 5 years. 
    hope that helps :)

Great thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

teatote wrote: »
    Just got offered the job so happy! Medical is thursday. don't lose hope whoever hasn't got a phone call yet because I was expecting an unsuccessful email! best of luck xx

Congrats, I'm on thurs at 9.15, what time is yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teatote

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Congrats, I'm on thurs at 9.15, what time is yours ?

mine is Thursday at 10.45. did they send u an address I didn't get one in the email. I know it's corballis park from reading comments but that's all I know. did u get an address?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

mine is Thursday at 10.45. did they send u an address I didn't get one in the email. I know it's corballis park from reading comments but that's all I know. did u get an address?

It's called Medmark and is located in the airport area, just beside the fuelling station, post skyhandling and other cargo companies. In their website you find more info. Also you should get an email from confirming your appointment..

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    It's called Medmark and is located in the airport area, just beside the fuelling station, post skyhandling and other cargo companies. In their website you find more info. Also you should get an email from confirming your appointment..

Thank you! i got my confirmation but has no more info other than time and date in it. that helps though thank u

• Advertisement

Thank you! i got my confirmation but has no more info other than time and date in it. that helps though thank u

You're welcome! There should be the website on the email.. :) I went there today to check the place and it was quite easy to find it.

Medmark.ie , google this and click on airport location, and a map will open for you

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Medmark.ie , google this and click on airport location, and a map will open for you
    Thank you!😊

Does anyone know if the fixed term contracts can be extended or made permanent based on performance? I just can't imagine them using resources training people if theyre going to let everyone go in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 biddywiddy123

Does anyone know if the fixed term contracts can be extended or made permanent based on performance? I just can't imagine them using resources training people if theyre going to let everyone go in a few months.

Everything is done by what training group you were in, 1 being the most senior group who will progress the fastest and then 2, 3, 4 and so on. In regards to contract extensions and going from a fixed term contract to a permanent seasonal contract to full time permanent will go by what training group you were in as that is how the seniority structure works. Of course they'll take into consideration your performance too but it's primarily based on date of entry. Generally when a fixed term contract ends you will be let go for roughly 12ish weeks and then brought back the next year on a permanent seasonal contract. When your "season" for that year is up you may or may not be let go for 6ish weeks and more than likely you will be brought back on a full permanent contract. This is how it has been in the past I'm guessing it will be like this in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

I asked this question before I accepted the position. I was told that no, the fixed term contract has a set end date and this is when employment will end and not be extended.

However I am aware of people who have been let go for a handful of weeks to be taken back and now are permanent.

All a bit confusing really

it seems a bit weird but I suppose it is a seasonal type of job! thank yous 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey Guys

For anyone who has done the medical were you long there and were you called on time? Just I need to swap my shift in work so need to make sure I'll be back in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackier12

Hey is anybody still waiting to hear back from aer lingus ? The wait Is a killer !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

Jackier12 wrote: »
    Hey is anybody still waiting to hear back from aer lingus ? The wait Is a killer !

Yes I am cannot cope

Kreg24 wrote: »
    Yes I am cannot cope

When was your interview? Although they don't seem time be doing them in order

• Registered Users Posts: 18 D.nicaonghusa

I'm still waiting too! My interview was December 6th!

Surely we have you hear something this week ! Mine was on the 12th .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

The DAA link came to me in a separate email and was an online form to fill in. I've just had an email back from DAA themselves saying it's been received and is being processed! Yay!

Surely we have you hear something this week ! Mine was on the 12th .

The wait is awful! All I know it both my references have been contacted, and I'm pretty certain that they gave me glowing reports!
    So just have to stick with "no news is good news" for now!
    Where are you from? Because I think they may have us organised by county? Belfast, cork, Dublin and Galway people have heard? I'm Westmeath and so are my friends and none of us have heard anything!

• Advertisement

The wait is awful! All I know it both my references have been contacted, and I'm pretty certain that they gave me glowing reports!
    So just have to stick with "no news is good news" for now!
    Where are you from? Because I think they may have us organised by county? Belfast, cork, Dublin and Galway people have heard? I'm Westmeath and so are my friends and none of us have heard anything!

I don't know if my referenced were contacted.. yeah I'm trying to stick to that no news is good news too ! Especially because some people got rejection emails two days later. I'm from kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Susan17

I'm the same still waiting my interview was the 13th the wait is horrible they told me in the interview I should hear the first or second week in January so hoping I hear something by the end of the week

I don't know if my referenced were contacted.. yeah I'm trying to stick to that no news is good news too ! Especially because some people got rejection emails two days later. I'm from kildare

Yeah a mate of mine had his on the 12th and he heard back on the 14th saying he wasn't successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

I was December 7th at 10am I'm from cork waiting patiently everyday staring at my phone can't concentrate in work hope all this won't be for nothing :( fingers crossed for us all

Kreg24 wrote: »
    I was December 7th at 10am I'm from cork waiting patiently everyday staring at my phone can't concentrate in work hope all this won't be for nothing :( fingers crossed for us all

Yeah hopefully we all get good news !

Hey Guys

For anyone who has done the medical were you long there and were you called on time? Just I need to swap my shift in work so need to make sure I'll be back in time!

I was wondering the same Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

Mine was also December 6th. Haven't heard anything, the waiting is terrible, well done to all those who heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Winglets99

Hi everyone!
    I'm still waiting and this is killing me😭 My interview was on the 12th but no idea if my references have been contacted.
    Fingers crossed!

Pol123 wrote: »
    Just answering one of the previous questions, that when you do the medical, if you pass it , they photocopy it and give you the original in a little wallet which is valid for 5 years. 
    hope that helps :)

Hey Pol, did the medical take long and were you taken on time that was arranged for you ? Also is there parking there ?

• Advertisement

They were very punctual in the medical. To the people that I know it took them half an hour - 45 min, like me. They were very nice. And there's also parking for free.

Advertisement