Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

IrC wrote: »
    Anyone who has emailed them the consent form, did you get a reply to say they had recieved it?

They didn't answer me either.. just sent and done the things they asked for and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

IrC wrote: »
    Anyone who has emailed them the consent form, did you get a reply to say they had recieved it?

Hey :) I didn't get a reply either or for the background check

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

Thanks guys! Was doubting they recieved it! The background check is more difficult to fill out than I thought! So many dates and cross checks! Fingers crossed I didn't forget something haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mendina

jamie124 wrote: »
    And boys ;) lol xx
    And boys Jamie :D oops sorry lol Still nothing for me but Im amazingly calm today tho .. we'll see... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 teatote

Hi guys, when did people get the paperwork emailed to them? I received my email with the offer and the one for the medical report but haven't received consent forms or anything? I got the offer Tuesday and did my medical Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SLR9000

Hey guys,

In regards to all the e-mails/paperwork: when we've received the AIC number, must we forward it on to Crohan himself or to the recruit email address? Or do we have to forward it at all? I'm a bit confused lol

Hey :) I didn't get a reply either or for the background check

I actually just realised I did get an email when I submitted by background check, sorry I didn't realise because a few other emails came in around the same time!

Hey anyone else need a foreign police clearance that can help me? (I'm a pain, I know :P)

Hey anyone else need a foreign police clearance that can help me? (I'm a pain, I know :P)

Hey! What do you need?

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    Hey! What do you need?

I lived in London so I need to get a police clearance cert. I was unsure about how to get it but l think I have found the correct application form online :) Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I lived in London so I need to get a police clearance cert. I was unsure about how to get it but l think I have found the correct application form online :) Thanks!

Being positive I will need that also , despite still not hearing a thing , where do I find That

Prai101 wrote: »
    Being positive I will need that also , despite still not hearing a thing , where do I find That

I think its ACRO Criminal Records office. I have my application ready to send but I have emailed to make sure its correct. If it is I will send my application in the morning. I'll let you know if it is not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

Gi haven't heard anything either, but in case I got the job, I will have to ask for background check from three countries... I just checked, and one of them says, it could take 6-8 WEEKS to receive it... maybe I should ask for it now, just in case.

Gi haven't heard anything either, but in case I got the job, I will have to ask for background check from three countries... I just checked, and one of them says, it could take 6-8 WEEKS to receive it... maybe I should ask for it now, just in case.

On the form the clearance cert needs to be attached to it says it needs to be sent back within 14 days. So it might be a good idea.
    I'm just waiting to hear back if I'm going the right way about getting the cert before I send of for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Is the background check for the last 5 years?

AVharald wrote: »
    Is the background check for the last 5 years?

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Yes :)

Yes it's last 5 years

Oh really?! So if I have lived in Ireland the last 7 years, I dont have to ask for the rest of the countries? Yihaaaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Oh really?! So if I have lived in Ireland the last 7 years, I dont have to ask for the rest of the countries? Yihaaaaa!

For the background check, I don't think so !

I am confused :( The police background check is for the last 5 years?

• Advertisement

I am confused :( The police background check is for the last 5 years?

You don't need to ask for a criminal record if you where living in that country more than 5 years ago. I have a Dublin airport ID and I didn't give any criminal record of a country where I lived more than 5 years ago...
    They only care about the last 5 years, which is since 2012.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

I looK forward to the day that when University graduates are asked why did they go to Univerity they might reply to create jobs rather than to get a job.

Seriously, Aer Lingus Fight Attendant? Things are really desperate? Compare pilots in EU to Emirates or Etihad. EU can fly 120 hrs / mth. The Emirates or Etihad around 90 hrs/ mth. Aer Lingus flight attendant??? follow the hours of the pilot plus prep work. Do the math and the unsocial hrs.

Aer Lingus has a aub contractor for background clearance. You fake it and they WILL find out.

It's not only Aer Lingus that does it, all airlines do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

I looK forward to the day that when University graduates are asked why did they go to Univerity they might reply to create jobs rather than to get a job.

Seriously, Aer Lingus Fight Attendant? Things are really desperate? Compare pilots in EU to Emirates or Etihad. EU can fly 120 hrs / mth. The Emirates or Etihad around 90 hrs/ mth. Aer Lingus flight attendant??? follow the hours of the pilot plus prep work. Do the math and the unsocial hrs.
    For a job that people know they will enjoy?
    I find this post quite rude to be honest. People who desire to be cabin crew are not "desperate". This post was created to talk to each other about upcoming recruitment drives and applications, not to be subjected to ignorant posts like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

Why are you even bothering to comment? You know nothing about the middle east

Middle east 90h/month?? Such a lack of knowledge... In the middle east there's not even a limit for duty or flight time. I have friends working for those airlines and I have seen 150h FT in their roster for a month.
    At least in Europe we have a legal limit for FDP - "100 block hours in any 28 consecutive days" and duty of 190h in those same days.

I don't even get the point of your comment.

Oh ....looks like I upset a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Anyone any word today??? X

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kreg24

jamie124 wrote: »
    Anyone any word today??? X

No :( did u?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackier12

Nope still nothing :(

Advertisement