Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

ya man thanks. I did a test for customer service in shannon there in july. didnt hear anything back. I was one of the first to be interviewed. Id say now due to the fact that its been a month and iv heard nothing back that im not getting in. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 428313_k

Just wondering has anybody heard anything back since the medical ?? Does this mean we have the job if we went for it?? The doctor congratulated me on my new career?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aj27

I got the same response from the doctor too , wondering when we will hear from HR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 428313_k

Aj27 wrote: »
    I got the same response from the doctor too , wondering when we will hear from HR :)

Yeah me too I'm dying to hear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Thisisme0803

Got word this morning lads, never got it. So disappointed. Best of luck to everyone else here, wish ye all the best for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kiely96

Got word this morning lads, never got it. So disappointed. Best of luck to everyone else here, wish ye all the best for the future.

May I ask how far you got in the process? Did you attended the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Thisisme0803

Kiely96 wrote: »
    May I ask how far you got in the process? Did you attended the medical?

No just done the interview on the 17th november. So shocked I thought I nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kiely96

No just done the interview on the 17th november. So shocked I thought I nailed it.

I'm so sorry to hear, don't give up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Was just reading through this thread, did any of you get the job?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

A few from here are flying now alright!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 nikobyrne

dont give up just yet, my daughter got a phone call four days before christmas saying, she didnt get the job, but they will keep her on the panel and asked would she be willing to work abroad and she said no!, yesterday they phoned her again and offered her the job pending her passing her medical on saturday but they congratulated her and said welcome onboard!

nikobyrne wrote: »
    dont give up just yet, my daughter got a phone call four days before christmas saying, she didnt get the job, but they will keep her on the panel and asked would she be willing to work abroad and she said no!, yesterday they phoned her again and offered her the job pending her passing her medical on saturday but they congratulated her and said welcome onboard!

Sounds odd I wonder where they mean by abroad? Belfast?? lol they have no bases abroad any more or are in the process of closing them! But congrats to your daughter!! When will she start ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Sounds odd I wonder where they mean by abroad? Belfast?? lol they have no bases abroad any more or are in the process of closing them! But congrats to your daughter!! When will she start ?

Maybe they meant London? But she wasn't willing to go anywhere! She starts training in April 😀

nikobyrne wrote: »
    Maybe they meant London? But she wasn't willing to go anywhere! She starts training in April 😀

London base is closing in a matter of weeks ! Odd that they would ask that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ree86

The 1st batch of training for 2015 is starting on 26th January, I am starting on 2nd February. There are training groups starting every Monday from 26th January until 23rd Feb, then every new training batch is starting after 3 weeks in March and April.

Ree86 wrote: »
    The 1st batch of training for 2015 is starting on 26th January, I am starting on 2nd February. There are training groups starting every Monday from 26th January until 23rd Feb, then every new training batch is starting after 3 weeks in March and April.
    Wow quite a big recruitment this year then !

Ree86 wrote: »
    Best of luck ree 86, exciting career ahead for you!☺

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Hi Nikobyrne! :) i'm starting in April too :) is your daughter starting the 20th?

Hi Nikobyrne! :) i'm starting in April too :) is your daughter starting the 20th?

She sure is twirly whirly!

Deadly :) there's a group on Facebook called Training 2015 Aer Lingus if she would like to join? There's a few of us from the 20th April course on it and loads from the other courses :) its handy to get to know each other before we start! :) just said I'd let you know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Deadly :) there's a group on Facebook called Training 2015 Aer Lingus if she would like to join?.....

Be careful with such groups.
    EI will insist that you leave such unofficial groups once you join.
    They have a strict policy on usage of the company name in any private social media group.

Deadly :) there's a group on Facebook called Training 2015 Aer Lingus if she would like to join? There's a few of us from the 20th April course on it and loads from the other courses :) its handy to get to know each other before we start! :) just said I'd let you know :)
    Aww thanks very much, I will let her know later, good luck to everyone starting

Hi Dacian :) thanks for letting me know :) I'll definitely keep that it mind and tell the others!

Thanks a million nikobyrne :) and good luck to your daughter too :) April will fly in!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,719 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Has anyone who did medicals at the end of January heard back yet ?
    My other halfh done the medical around the 22nd of January and hasn't heard, just got a mail to say keep an eye on your email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Sorry to ressurect this thread but i have a quick question for any current or former aerlingus employees. I was not successful at the AL CC interview. Why I dont know. I did well as far as i can tell, anyway. I appilied for a Customer Service position with the airline and I wasnt even called for an aptitude test. Is this because i wasnt successful at interview and does that mean that i am blacklisted from all future employment opportunities with AL? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ef_10

Sorry to ressurect this thread but i have a quick question for any current or former aerlingus employees. I was not successful at the AL CC interview. Why I dont know. I did well as far as i can tell, anyway. I appilied for a Customer Service position with the airline and I wasnt even called for an aptitude test. Is this because i wasnt successful at interview and does that mean that i am blacklisted from all future employment opportunities with AL? Thanks

I had an interview for CC AL and was unsuccessful too I have recently had an interview for customer service agent 2 weeks ago it went very well and have not heard anything back so if I managed to get an interview your certainly not black listed

Short answer no, most companies ask you not to apply again for at least 6 months to a year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 babsie50

Hi all just seen on AL website cabin crew recruitment opened up again yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

I see Aer Lingus are recruiting again on their website, would anyone care to guess when the start date might be for new recruits?

Advertisement