Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

I applied for a role a few weeks back (not one of the ones mentioned here) and I received an email link for an online assessment. I haven't logged in to do it yet, as I want make sure I have some quiet time to do it.
    Can anybody give me any tips or advice on the test? What sorts of questions? Is it difficult? I'm really nervous of failing

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone has applied for the current Aer Lingis cabin crew positions. I recieved a link to do the assessment tests yesterday. Does anyone know what these are like and what the next step would be after the tests are done? Many thanks

Tina, there's not too much advice you can give, it's not something you can even study for ! It's sort of memory , bit of maths, and what would you do in certain scenarios( you usually get multiple choice for these) some of them are timed.
    Just have a strong cup of coffee and good luck !!!

From people's experiences, if you were to get a telephone interview after completing the online assessments, how long after the assessments would it take? Does it take days or weeks to hear something back?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

From people's experiences, if you were to get a telephone interview after completing the online assessments, how long after the assessments would it take? Does it take days or weeks to hear something back?

It was around 3 weeks , we didn't have a phone interview , we had a video one after the on line assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

Anyone hear anything recently ? Job offers or rejections ? Still waiting for this long awaited phone call -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Becksor95 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything recently ? Job offers or rejections ? Still waiting for this long awaited phone call -.-

Haven't heard anything myself! Really hope we'll hear something before Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zoec123

Bit of a random Q but what did people wear to their medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

Zoec123 wrote: »
    Bit of a random Q but what did people wear to their medical?

I wore a dress but wouldn't recommend it. The doctor does coordination tests with you where you will be moving your arms around and also he found it difficult to listen to my lungs with his stethoscope because of the dress. Literally had to half undress in front of him just so he could get to my back. Clearly I didn't think that through before I went!

People in the waiting room were wearing anything from their current work uniforms/work attire to everyday casual clothes. Nobody (that I was aware of anyway) was there who worked for EI, they were all Medmark staff and so it shouldn't matter really what you wear. You'll have to take your shoes off etc for a height test so wear shoes that are easy to slip on/off. Good luck!:P

Please say there's still people who haven't heard??

Jambori wrote: »
    Please say there's still people who haven't heard??

I haven't heard a word :(

• Advertisement

I haven't heard a word :(

When I rang ages ago the girl on the phone said that they would never not let me know, the wait will be worth it! Let me know if u hear anything and vice versa! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennao

I haven't heard anything either but I've just taken another job And am staring next week because it has taken too long

Yeah I haven't heard anything and when I email it's the same response :( don't think it's looking good how could it take this long ?

If anyone who has already started training is on here, do you have any tips for the first week? Appearance? Expectations? Reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

IrC wrote: »
    If anyone who has already started training is on here, do you have any tips for the first week? Appearance? Expectations? Reality?

Treat the whole training course as an extended interview. Your performance, attitude and interaction with fellow trainees will all be under continual assessment.
    Business attire until you are in uniform.
    It's a fairly intensive and technical course. You'll cover a lot of topics and face regular exams with high pass marks. Revise daily as you'll need to keep up to date. If anything isn't clear to you, ask for clarification.
    Be on time, all the time.
    The people you are training with will hopefully become your close friends and for the first few weeks will be the only people you know well when you are out working flights. Help each other out. Try to enjoy it all, It's a job like very few others.

Any word guys??

Any word guys??

Nope nothing, feel like I'm wasting my time calling and emailing. I think we are on some sort of panel and anyone that pulls out or doesn't make it, we will be offered our place...considering people started their training weeks ago. I don't have a good feeling about it...I got a new job which I start at the end of the month I couldn't wait around any longer for a phone call that might not come :/

For a different position, but does anyone have any tips for face to face interview? What sorts of questions should I expect? Any info or tips appreciated

Nope nothing, feel like I'm wasting my time calling and emailing. I think we are on some sort of panel and anyone that pulls out or doesn't make it, we will be offered our place...considering people started their training weeks ago. I don't have a good feeling about it...I got a new job which I start at the end of the month I couldn't wait around any longer for a phone call that might not come :/

Yeah I think you might be right, at this stage it doesn't look like there's going to be a load more job offers made! I'm going to contact them today and see what the story is. Good luck with the new job! :)

Yeah I think you might be right, at this stage it doesn't look like there's going to be a load more job offers made! I'm going to contact them today and see what the story is. Good luck with the new job! :)

Thanks :) yeah they might have some news or an update ! Let me know if they say anything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Cc2017

Thanks :) yeah they might have some news or an update ! Let me know if they say anything :)

I rang yesterday and was told the same ..they are not finished going through candidates ...I asked if I should give up hope at this stage because a lot of people had either received rejection email or offered a position...I was told to hang in there

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

For a different position, but does anyone have any tips for face to face interview? What sorts of questions should I expect? Any info or tips appreciated

A good knowledge of what the job involves and the workings of the airport would be a help in my opinion. As well as a bit of knowledge as to what Aer Lingus are all about, recent history etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭doctorno2014

Hey folks!!! Hope you're all well! Does anyone else have their uniform fitting next Thurs at 9am?? And on the course starting 2nd May?? I can't wait!!

For those who've started - Do you get your uniform on the day?? What is the course like??

What have people been wearing to their uniform fittings? For females

Has anyone heard any updates recently?? :)

Does anyone have any experience of being placed on a panel and did it have a happy outcome?

Cc2017 wrote: »
    I rang yesterday and was told the same ..they are not finished going through candidates ...I asked if I should give up hope at this stage because a lot of people had either received rejection email or offered a position...I was told to hang in there

Hey! I rang over 2 wks ago & was told they're putting people into groups & that it's looking good in that I hadn't been rejected at this stage..have you heard any news since?

Hey! I rang over 2 wks ago & was told they're putting people into groups & that it's looking good in that I hadn't been rejected at this stage..have you heard any news since?
    I rang yesterday and was told there are still positions available and they are still processing applicants!! Hoping to inform everybody in the next couple of weeks ...so nothing new

Cc2017 wrote: »
    I rang yesterday and was told there are still positions available and they are still processing applicants!! Hoping to inform everybody in the next couple of weeks ...so nothing new

Oh meant to say..I kind of got the indication they were putting together training groups for June ...fingers crossed

• Advertisement

I contacted them this week as well. They said positions are still being offered, and that all unsuccessful candidates have been notified. I really hope they're putting together groups for June. They mentioned something about seeing how training goes, which might mean they're waiting to see if people drop out etc. They said a panel (to be used in the next recruitment) would be made once all spaces have been filled! Did they say anything about June specifically?

Advertisement