Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

I failed interview the last time. Is it a good idea to try again or is it too soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I failed interview the last time. Is it a good idea to try again or is it too soon

I think they only allow it if 6 months has elapsed between applications !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ellz

Is anyone who is applying having trouble attaching your CV? I know it's probably something to do with the amount of people applying but just said I'd check in case it's my laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Santo81

ellz wrote: »
    Is anyone who is applying having trouble attaching your CV? I know it's probably something to do with the amount of people applying but just said I'd check in case it's my laptop!

Hi, send a separate email with your cv and explain the reason .

Thanks Santo81 will do!

• Advertisement

Thanks Santo81 will do!

No problem and good luck with it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rosiemcg1

Hi Ellz I had a problem attaching my CV also so u sent it separately I hope that they will accept this. Has anyone heard back yet from them?

Rosiemcg1 wrote: »
    Hi Ellz I had a problem attaching my CV also so u sent it separately I hope that they will accept this. Has anyone heard back yet from them?

Hey Rosie I emailed them and they said they'd attach it to the application if I couldn't get it to work so I'm sure they'll do them same for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 babsie50

Hey good luck to u all this time round ! let us all know how ye get on!!

Thanks will do!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Ellz best of luck to you!

You too Rosie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TTT8

Has anyone got a online assessment for the new recruitment drive yet ? :)

TTT8 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a online assessment for the new recruitment drive yet ? :)

Just got an email for mine there what about you?

Just checked and I got mine to hope I don't make a mess of it fingers crossed :)

TTT8 wrote: »
    Just checked and I got mine to hope I don't make a mess of it fingers crossed :)

Ya same I'm not great at maths so hopefully it's not too bad! Good luck with yours though :)

Thank you good luck to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

Very best of luck guys :)

Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard back yet from Aerlingus after completing online assessment last week?
    Many thanks

Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard back yet from Aerlingus after completing online assessment last week?
    Many thanks

Nope nothing yet what about you?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's been put on hold. The airline industry can be very unpredictable. I don't think they would need new crew now until May and maybe they are not too sure themselves at this stage. Tomorrow it could be a different story. Good luck x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Maybe it's been put on hold. The airline industry can be very unpredictable. I don't think they would need new crew now until May and maybe they are not too sure themselves at this stage. Tomorrow it could be a different story. Good luck x

Very good point !! And it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1 frida123

Just wondering if anybody is starting a training on Monday 30/03? I was supposed to get the information on training but still haven`t heard anything back from them and there is nobody in the office on Saturday to talk to.... Was talking to recruitment team yesterday and they were assuring me that i am starting on Monday... getting worried now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Has anyone heard anything further since the online aptitude test 6 weeks ago? I was at the Ryanair Assessment Day last week and somebody mentioned that interviews had been held and offers made by Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Robert T wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything further since the online aptitude test 6 weeks ago? I was at the Ryanair Assessment Day last week and somebody mentioned that interviews had been held and offers made by Aer Lingus.

Recruitment for Summer 2015 is now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Recruitment for Summer 2015 is now closed.

Thanks for the reply Jack. Does that mean that the positions were filled or that the recruitment drive is no longer taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Thanks for the reply Jack. Does that mean that the positions were filled or that the recruitment drive is no longer taking place?

All positions have been filled across the board. Next recruitment drive will not be until late 2015/early 2016.

Hi Robert i wonder About Ryanair, have heard a lot of bad thing about them was was your impression at the assemsent day? Any idea about wages/salary?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buuumbaaa

Hello guys :)

I have lots of questions about cabin crew in aerlingus, would be great if you answered all of them, or even recomended somebody who you know works as a cabin crew in aerlingus. :)
    So i did my leaving cert, and went college, did one year of college and now im about to do my exams, and im dropping out after that, its a pity but i really dont like my course, so i have been looking ryanair and aerlingus cabin crew recruitment, but came across that aerlingus would be better to work in so my questions are ;

1. what is the recruitment process like, interviews/training
    2. what are the requirements? age/height/body type/languages etc. (experience?!)
    3. is the training free and will i be provided with accomodation while training?
    4. After training what exams are there and the rules
    5. when do i start working
    6. what are the wages? hourly/weekly/monthly, how much (if you dont mind telling me)
    7. how many hours or days per week will i fly
    8. how many days off or whatever (whats the graphic like?!)

Any other relevant information will be usefull, thankyou !!

• Advertisement

Santo81 wrote: »
    Hi Robert i wonder About Ryanair, have heard a lot of bad thing about them was was your impression at the assemsent day? Any idea about wages/salary?

Thanks

Hey,

I actually went to an assessment day a few weeks ago aswell! I had read so many bad things too but there was no harm in going to see what it was like. The assessment day was actually fine really relaxed and the lady doing the interviews was really nice. There was a presentation she did going through everything like the cost of training and things like your uniform. The pay isn't good tbh she said it's between €1000-1200 a month depending on where you're based and then you pay for your uniform every month and if you are paying for training in instalments it's around another €300 a month out of your pay. A lot of people left after the presentation and didn't bother with interview after hearing about the money. You could always go to one of the assessment days and see if it suits you or not they have them pretty regularly I think.

Advertisement