Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenarmy

Hi everyone,
    I realise it's early days in Aer Lingus' November 2015 cabin crew recruitment drive, but has anyone else applied for their DUB positions? It would be great to get a discussion going about this drive, so as to keep in the loop...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lilybee123

Hi greenarmy! I applied for Dublin crew on Saturday. Just checked my account and my application status is gone from submitted to 'no vacancy applications' so it must have been accepted into the system or something. Hoping to hear something in the next few weeks! Looking forward to starting the process. Best of luck to you 😊

Hi Lilybee123,
    Great to hear from you! My status is the same on their careers page too. I also received an automated email confirming they received the application. It will be interesting to see if they follow the same route as late last year ie, online assessment, phone interview and finally a face to face interview. Best of luck to you too, fingers crossed!

greenarmy wrote: »
    Hi Lilybee123,
    Great to hear from you! My status is the same on their careers page too. I also received an automated email confirming they received the application. It will be interesting to see if they follow the same route as late last year ie, online assessment, phone interview and finally a face to face interview. Best of luck to you too, fingers crossed!

Hey,

Oh yeah I got the same too. It will be interesting indeed. From reading through this thread, it seemed last year there was not much of a pattern to the process - with some people being offered a job within weeks of applying, some being told no sorry you didn't get the job, only to get a phone call to say they did a few weeks later!

So maybe it's a good thing to be very cautiously optimistic... :-) would love the job though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Some of you might also be interested in the Emirates open days..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057519455

Hey Greenarmy,

I got an email this morning inviting me to do the online assessments, to be completed by Sunday at 12pm. Hope you got it too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ker_eire22

Hi you guys 😊 I got the email about the online assessment today !!! Good luck to all ☺

ker_eire22 wrote: »
    Hi you guys 😊 I got the email about the online assessment today !!! Good luck to all ☺

That's great!! Hoping the recruitment process isn't too drawn out and that we hear something back soon enough after the online assessments are done! Best of luck to you :) have you done your assessment yet? I'm in work and it's killing me haha but want to be at home to make sure I have no distractions while I'm doing it.

Lilybee123 wrote: »
    That's great!! Hoping the recruitment process isn't too drawn out and that we hear something back soon enough after the online assessments are done! Best of luck to you :) have you done your assessment yet? I'm in work and it's killing me haha but want to be at home to make sure I have no distractions while I'm doing it.

Hey:) I haven't done mine yet. I'm actually nervous about it. Im on night duty at the moment so I might do it later. I'm just hoping I pass it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭2jb116

The very best of luck to you all 😄 a phone interview is usually what follows so be prepared!

The very best of luck to you all 😄 a phone interview is usually what follows so be prepared!

Hiya 😊 d u know what do they ask on the phone interview? Thanks. I'm trying to prepare by reading about aerlingus.

ker_eire22 wrote: »
    Hiya 😊 d u know what do they ask on the phone interview? Thanks. I'm trying to prepare by reading about aerlingus.

Hi guys,

Hope your night shift goes well!! I have a friend who works for Al and she was recruited 2 years ago. Provided it's all still the same - I think they tend to ask you what you know about Aer Lingus, why you applied and general questions about yourself. I have also heard of them asking where they fly to. Just general information found on their website and Wikipedia. Hopefully nothing too tricky :)

Hey Greenarmy,

I got an email this morning inviting me to do the online assessments, to be completed by Sunday at 12pm. Hope you got it too! :)

Hey! Yes, me too. You're right to have no distractions at all. Best of luck

So I have just finished the assessment.. I have to say it was a fair bit harder than i had anticipated. It was grand in the sense that the questions weren't overly difficult but the length of time given to answer was very tight. So I suppose it was testing to see just how quick thinking you are. I have no idea how I scored, but i don't feel like I did great :( so hoping that I hear some positive news soon! Let us know how the rest of you get on. :)

So I have just finished the assessment.. I have to say it was a fair bit harder than i had anticipated. It was grand in the sense that the questions weren't overly difficult but the length of time given to answer was very tight. So I suppose it was testing to see just how quick thinking you are. I have no idea how I scored, but i don't feel like I did great :( so hoping that I hear some positive news soon! Let us know how the rest of you get on. :)

Hiya ☺ hope u got on well!! I'm kinda dreading to do it tonight, I'll leave it till tomorrow night. Still in night shift 😑 Was it ok?

Make sure to have a good bit of knowledge about their expansion plans, new routes etc :)

Hey guys :) i just finished my online assessment. i found the face remembering too fast!!!!! i feel kinda gutted, i hope i did well to pass it anyway :) i hope u all do well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

Anyone have any idea when the training would commence for this round? I've looked through older threads to see how long the process takes from application to start date but can't really get any indication

March/April/May is what I've heard but could be wrong so don't quote me on that haha last year recruitment opened in October and start dates went from the end of January and every week until mid April I think it was!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

March/April/May is what I've heard but could be wrong so don't quote me on that haha last year recruitment opened in October and start dates went from the end of January and every week until mid April I think it was!

Was everyone kept on last year or were they let go after the summer season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KatieJaneMc

I applied today, I hope my application was good enough! The online assessment sounds to be okay but fairly quick!Could you guys keep us updated RE: the outcome?

Best of luck!

Locker10a wrote: »
    Was everyone kept on last year or were they let go after the summer season?

Hi! I believe some are being kept on through the winter, but they need to take a short unpaid leave period. Others have been offered the opportunity to return next year. As far as I'm aware, it's completely down to your performance as to which group you will be in, should everything work out!

Hi! There was 10 training groups this year and 1-3 are being kept through winter and may or may not have a short leave period, it's undecided as of now! 4-10 have been let go until March. 1 & 2 have been offered a full permanency contract from next year and 3-10 a seasonal permanent but it's looking likely that that will be full permanency at some stage next year due to the long haul expansion etc. EI are offering temporary contracts along with permanent seasonal contracts for this recruitment drive which is brilliant to see!

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is happy with their assessments? Thanks twirlywhirly for letting us know what to expect re phone interviews :) I've been looking over as much info about Al as I can. It's great to see that they're offering permanent seasonal contracts!! Glad to have this thread going again so we can all stay in touch through the process.

Hey! Yes, thanks everyone for the info, it's really helpful hearing from others in the same position. You may also be interested in searching 'cabin crew.com aer lingus ' as there is a thread there from others who have applied! I think most of us have completed our online assessments, so fingers crossed the next step will be the phone interview. I have heard that the 'permanent seasonal' contract is a certain number of weeks on, then a certain amount off over the winter period, however judging by the future expansion plans, they may well become permanent!

Hey!

Has anyone any ideas as to when we may expect a phone call? Is it a few weeks now in between communication or should we hear something in the coming week or two? Thanks so much for suggesting that website, it's great to look through and I found some good info! Yes the contracts tend to be from, say March, until October/November and then they will be off until February or March. I think, based on your performance then, which covers grooming, attitude, time keeping etc it determines how your working year will pan out, whether you will be off for a few weeks but come back to a permanent contract or you may not be off at all. That's my understanding of it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong! Have a good week everyone :)

Hey! I didn't get a phone call for about a week after my online assessment! If you're kept through winter completely goes by what training group you're in so if you're in one of the first you've a better chance of being kept. Of course personal performance is considered also but for example groups 1-3 were kept through winter this year but if someone out of those groups performance was bad they wouldn't have gotten their contract renewed but thankfully everyone was renewed from those groups! Anybody from group 4 down wasn't kept through winter but will be back in March :) so it's best if you're in one of the first training groups as that's the way seniority falls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Amasterson93

Thanks for all these answers guys, its nerve wrecking waiting on the call! Good luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

As current crew with Aer Lingus I wish you all the very best of luck with the online assessments and interview stages for those who are successful. Hopefully will fly with some of you in the new year. Exciting times ahead in EI now that we are part of IAG.

Advertisement