Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN stuck on "Please Wait"

Options
  • 11-10-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some help with this as I'm tearing my hair out in frustration. I bought a PS4 about a week ago and finally got around to setting it up this afternoon. Downloaded an update, let the system restart and then went to sign into the PSN...

...and I've not managed to get any further than that, just stuck aimlessly on an endlessly looping "Please Wait" screen. Google has yielded that it seems to be a PSN fault rather than a system one but it's pretty cold comfort all the same. I've tried both LAN and Wifi, set my DNS to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4, opened the requisite ports, power cycled my router, reinitialised the PS4, all without any luck. I thought it might be because I'm migrating over an old PSN account but even setting up a new one using another email address had no effect. I've also seen mention of logging into the PSN through my PC and accepting new T&Cs but I've not been asked to accept anything when I log in.

Has anyone else experienced this and managed to get it working?

Not sure if this'll help but I'm using an Eircom 1mb internet line (yes, crap I know, joys of living in out in the country).

Thanks,
    - Zeit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Have you tried the PS4 settings>psn>login ?, i couldnt login afew days back until had to go into the settings to login, and was prompted to agree to the new T&C.

And maybe do a network test in the PS4 settings to see if the PS4 is even recognizing your network, or if its a psn error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Yeah, tried that PB, logging in through Settings was actually how I'd been trying to do it all along.

As of another reinitialisation this morning the issue seems partially solved. I can log in with my own account now but when I try to log in my brother's account it's stuck on Please Wait again. Bleh 2 steps forward 1 step back I guess.

Advertisement